OWTB 2017/18 Prediction League

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies & Gents, please remember to place your Bucket Shakers (a) Prediction in the following thread;

This weekend's game also doubles up as the OWTB Cup 2nd round replay fixture, there are 3 matches and 6 Predictors involved in attempting to reach the Q/F at the 2nd time of asking;

stevesidg v GravityGrave

simplythemostimportantkick v Stainrod

oafcmetty v BP1960

In the league, we're 3/4 the way through the season now, so are beginning the run in to the business end. The tables look interesting - in the Premier League it looks like 1 from 4 can win it with 3 big names already boasting a bagful of trophies [Stevie_J, Ex_Pat & DavidCollinge] in the hunt.... with last year's Championship winner Hometownclub very close behind.

Latics_Fanatic, last years Championship runner up BP1960 & NewBlue look doomed with anyone from disjointed down looking over their shoulder;qYvx7td.jpg

In the Championship, a259 and singe look like the class acts that will follow in Hometownclub's footsteps. The only thing that could ruin singe's season is singe, as he forgets to Predict more often than might first be apparent.

You'd think milnrow latic and oafcmetty are at least assured of the Play Offs, with anyone in the top half capable of gatecrashing.

There's a battle on from youngen upwards to remain in the Championship next season. HarryBosch seems to think Latics could mount an unlikely push for the Play Offs, can he do the same?

cJ6HizH.jpg

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 minute ago, MAC0AFC said:

How am I not bottom, I haven’t predicted in about 2 months - great effort!

There's a small group of you who've given up..... I'm working on a text message reminder solution for next season to see if I can help encourage you back......

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

There's a small group of you who've given up..... I'm working on a text message reminder solution for next season to see if I can help encourage you back......

You’re a good’en. I want to see my £10 go further next year (I’ll probably predict every week and end up bottom?)

6 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

You’re a good’en. I want to see my £10 go further next year (I’ll probably predict every week and end up bottom?)

9 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

How am I not bottom, I haven’t predicted in about 2 months - great effort!

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Aiden_Latics predicted every game at the start of the season (seemingly 1-1 (0-0) Clarke). Stevesidg regularly predicts games a month in advance and Singe has just predicted every game until the end of the season.

It might not get you a decent score every game but it’s a tactic to at least get you points every game. If you don’t remember to edit your prediction. It certainly is useful if you know you are going to be away for a few weeks.

If you predict every game for the rest of the season from now, you might not stave off relegation but you won’t be as bad.

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Aiden_Latics predicted every game at the start of the season (seemingly 1-1 (0-0) Clarke). Stevesidg regularly predicts games a month in advance and Singe has just predicted every game until the end of the season.

It might not get you a decent score every game but it’s a tactic to at least get you points every game. If you don’t remember to edit your prediction. It certainly is useful if you know you are going to be away for a few weeks.

If you predict every game for the rest of the season from now, you might not stave off relegation but you won’t be as bad.

Wise words, will take that advice on board.

15 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Except that bastard aiden_Latics edited his Scunny prediction just before the match kick off, causing me to be knocked out of the cup. The sneaky bastard. Luckily I am not bitter about it.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

Good luck to all those battling it out at each end of the tables. It could go down to the wire for some.

Also, just to let you know I'm going away for a few days, so the tables won't appear until Wednesday or Thursday.

Non payment of bills?

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Good luck to all those battling it out at each end of the tables. It could go down to the wire for some.

Also, just to let you know I'm going away for a few days, so the tables won't appear until Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope you have a pleasant break Bristol. 

On 3/9/2018 at 12:21 PM, rudemedic said:

On 3/9/2018 at 12:33 PM, MAC0AFC said:

Wise words, will take that advice on board.

Indeed.

If I'd not forgotten so many games I  might have been top! Plus looking over my shoulder Is why I did it!

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies/Gents, 8 games left...... don't forget your Oxford (a) Prediction here;

League tables thread here; It's tight at the top of both divisions; for the Championship playoffs and in both relegation battles. A missed Prediction now could start to make a difference.

4 games to go. Wombles (a) here;

You'd think GravityGrave, rosa and Stevie_J will have too much to do to win the Premier League and it's therefore a 3 horse race for the title, but this weekend could make all the difference to their challenges......

Bristolatic looks like the only one with any realistic chance of staying up, with SAV,  jorvik & JoeP looking over their shoulders.....

nb1rcji.jpg

It's 2 from 4 for the Automatic Promotion places in the Championship, with Predictors changing places all the time......

.....Benja must be the most conflicted Predictor of all, with an outside shot at the Play Offs, he's looking over his shoulder trying to fend off anyone from HarryBosch up who are trying to send him down.....

3b7EKRt.jpg