• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Given has been training with Macclesfield. He's planning a move into coaching. I'd be delighted if we got a season out of him.

Yes, he was talking about it on Danny Baker's "Sausage Sandwich Game" the other Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Yes, he was talking about it on Danny Baker's "Sausage Sandwich Game" the other Saturday.

you can't leave it hanging in mid air like that man! Is he a red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce goalie?

11 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Given has been training with Macclesfield. He's planning a move into coaching. I'd be delighted if we got a season out of him.

Not 100% sure about that. He's been training with Macclesfield , but it is Wes brown and Alex Bruce that are doing their badges and and coaching the Macc lads.

13 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I haven't got a clue about goalkeeping so this is total theoretical.

Would small keepers like Given not be diminished by age to a greater extent than tall keepers, given it's likely their game is more reliant on athleticism and agility?

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Not 100% sure about that. He's been training with Macclesfield , but it is Wes brown and Alex Bruce that are doing their badges and and coaching the Macc lads.

Given has been quoted recently talking about his coaching ambitions - but says he's concerned that there aren't many job opportunities available. He has a UEFA A coaching licence.

Edited by Nohairdontcare

22 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Given has been quoted recently talking about his coaching ambitions - but says he's concerned that there aren't many job opportunities available. He has a UEFA A coaching licence.

No worries, I was going off this hence not 100%, but it also makes sense if he has his badges already   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40596787 and this http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15409229.Wes_Brown__Shay_Given_and_Alex_Bruce_training_with_Macclesfield/

54 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I haven't got a clue about goalkeeping so this is total theoretical.

Would small keepers like Given not be diminished by age to a greater extent than tall keepers, given it's likely their game is more reliant on athleticism and agility?

Didn't seem to affect Harry Dowd !!