Latics v Girona

3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Agree. Think him and Holloway up top would be a very decent force. Think davies should be sub. I would be looking to get rid of osei and bring back Erwin if funds allow. 

Personally think any plans or talk of more strikers should be planted firmly on the back burner until we sign a decent keeper and secondly sort our centre mid out which would struggle in the Conference.

Cameron Stewart is 26year old. Played 126 league games since leaving Utd. Various clubs and loans including Hull,Burnley,Leeds,Blackburn,Charlton,Barnsley,Donny. Also 10 games for England under 17s,18s and 21s.Could be worth another look for a full game. Fane was our MOM last night, won the ball alot against v good midfielders.Covered a lot of ground. No 17 was very good on the ball and also must be worth another go. Reminds me of the little midfielder at Walsall. Plenty of banter between Clarkie and and their striker. Didnt know he could speak spanish. Stats say Gerona had 57% possesion but i thought more. Enjoyable game for a friendly.

7 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Agree. Think him and Holloway up top would be a very decent force. Think davies should be sub. I would be looking to get rid of osei and bring back Erwin if funds allow. 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Personally think any plans or talk of more strikers should be planted firmly on the back burner until we sign a decent keeper and secondly sort our centre mid out which would struggle in the Conference.

Agree with both of these. Would like to see Duffus start with Holloway, and maybe Osei shipped out (at least on loan). But equally the money needs to be spent in goal and midfield first.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Has anyone identified the name of the triallist or shall he be forever known as number 17

Maybe he's escaped from the the TV series ' The Prisoner'?  If anyone spots a big ball bouncing down Sheepfoot Lane it means we will never see him again.

Edited by BP1960

56 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You're all missing the crucial question though, as relevant now as it was in the 1960s. 

Who is Number 1?

You'll never see his face but you might see a hint of red fleece if his elbows stick out

14 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Erwin signed a 2 year deal for Kilmarnock today, so I don't think he will be back here anytime soon.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:53 PM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

PA guy annoys me, wants to scream 'goal for latics' before the ball even crosses the line

Still no improvement in trying to understand the PA announcements in the North Stand, but the music was loud and clear - good to hear 'My Sherona' by The Knack at half-time.

From the Chron:

"Goalkeeper Niklas Bolten was again named in goal for Athletic, this time in front of a back three"

No wonder we conceded if he played in front. Either that or he is quicker off his line than i first imagined.

#DASLIGHTNINGENBOLTEN

• 3 weeks later...

Girona  just took the lead against a strong (ish) Man City team live on Eurosport now. Going off some logic on here if this stays the same get your money on Girona for La Liga and get laying City for the premier league ! Wonder if City's fans are now panicking over this massive game. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Girona  just took the lead against a strong (ish) Man City team live on Eurosport now. Going off some logic on here if this stays the same get your money on Girona for La Liga and get laying City for the premier league ! Wonder if City's fans are now panicking over this massive game. 

As Man City own both I guess they'll be fairly relaxed about it 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So a City fan would be just as happy for Girona to win as they would their team , just because they have the same ownership? 

I was thinking more of owners but I don't remember being all that arsed about Girona beating us either 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Their result today makes our score look a little better!

Girona v Real Madrid graphic

Although they have never won a major trophy, Girona have won the Catalan regional title twice. They have also won the Spanish fourth tier (Tercera Division) five times and their group - although not the overall title - in both the third tier (Segunda Division B) and second tier (Segunda Division) once each

• 8 months later...

A behind-closed-doors game tomorrow night against FC Girona. A year on from playing them prior to last season.

Reading the thread, the comments about Fane and Duffus are particularly intriguing - as is the review of trialist number 17... whatever did happen to him?

In other areas it’s deja Vu all over again (*)

Needed a keeper and strikers...

(*) with thanks to Yogi Berra