Shez - "I need five or six players"

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

. He's never been good with the media but that interview on GMR was shocking, he cannot put into words what he really wants to say.

Agreed. You could tell he was extremely frustrated. It was all the long pauses where he just about stopped himself saying what he was really thinking.  You could tell there were things he wanted to say but knew he couldnt.

We've played three teams who've all exposed us defensively, our three goals have been two flukes and a penalty, once again all hope is disappearing fast and as the days/weeks go by attracting anything better than what we have gets tougher and tougher as players don't want to join what appears to be a sinking ship, this could quickly turn into a bit of a mess as I'd say theres very few of them players who have the balls for a fight, lets hope some of these players can find something because the next stop for the majority of them will be to clubs like Guiesley with your Browns and Cassidys of the football world.

If the meltdown was just on here after 3 games, I'd be of the opinion that it was far too early for scaremongering. When the gaffer's clearly already thinking we're fucked, it's pretty worrying. That sounded like an interview from a man who's got close to having had enough. Things can change quickly but I reckon the club might just be cursed.

Edited by longtimeblue

I just found it an honest interview from an angry manager. Angry that his players haven't done what he asked. I think he's clearly respected by the players, so he's probably hoping the players he's talking about (who will know who they are from his dressing room rant) will respond and do better (tactically and/or effort). If they don't, it forces Corney's hand to get it sorted and stick his hand in his pocket. 

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We've played three teams who've all exposed us defensively, our three goals have been two flukes and a penalty, once again all hope is disappearing fast and as the days/weeks go by attracting anything better than what we have gets tougher and tougher as players don't want to join what appears to be a sinking ship, this could quickly turn into a bit of a mess as I'd say theres very few of them players who have the balls for a fight, lets hope some of these players can find something because the next stop for the majority of them will be to clubs like Guiesley with your Browns and Cassidys of the football world.

Although a player from Guiseley like Lockwood who gave his all until injured might be an option.

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

If the meltdown was just on here after 3 games, I'd be of the opinion that it was far too early for scaremongering. When the gaffer's clearly already thinking we're fucked, it's pretty worrying. That sounded like an interview from a man who's not close to having had enough. Things can change quickly but I reckon the club might just be cursed.

I remember reading somewhere the club was cursed after the Premiership days, maybe it's an excorcist we need?

Edited by BP1960

I actually like the fact he's spotted what he needsto do now 3 games in so to speak, whether the club can support those changes is another matter.

i have to say Sheridan as a player was not my cup of tea, Sheridan as a manager is and if the club can't deliver what he needs for us to not to be relegation fodder then I support whatever decision he makes, if it means he has to wallk away.

hoping a rocket up the arse of some of these players will help.

51 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

If the meltdown was just on here after 3 games, I'd be of the opinion that it was far too early for scaremongering. When the gaffer's clearly already thinking we're fucked, it's pretty worrying. That sounded like an interview from a man who's not close to having had enough. Things can change quickly but I reckon the club might just be cursed.

The idea that the club is cursed is abit silly but I agree with the rest of your post. Sheridan should not be getting this rattled so early. I'm sure it's very frustrating to set up a team watch them play well in the first half then do the wrong thing in the second half. But he has to show abit more compose as the manager. It's abit daft to say I need 5-6 new players when he either signed or renewed the contracts of the majority of this squad this summer.

Also surely as a manager you must know if your team has played well first half and gone in 1 up away from home you must anticipate the opposition may come out differently and play better .

He should not be this rattled.

Shez is a passionate guy and he clearly cares about the club, losing games hurts him and there's no crime in that, he's being honest about the preformance today, he has the respect of the players from last season and they will listen to him , Ok we've had a bad start but it's time to get behind him god knows where we will go next if we lose him 

Just now, fleetwood Blue said:

Jesus, He sounds like a broken and defeated man already. We are 2 games into a 46 game season ffs..Its hardly gonna give anybody any confidence giving interviews like that.

To be fair we only have to watch some of the shite for an hour and a half a week Shez has to watch some of those masquerading as footballers for 20/30 hours a week, it must be soul destroying having to teach Banks to head a ball or tackle and Fane how to pass a ball 6 foot when you've had such an illustrious playing career.

Was surprised by his first two post match interviews but this is a whole new level. David Dunn style attack on the team. How can he not know this team can’t head a ball? How could he not see the midfield was piss weak? How could he not realise that caring for the ball, passing and moving was an alien concept to most of this lot (having had it drilled into them by Robbo.) Has he not spent the summer viewing video nasty after video nasty from last season?

I can only think he’s had faith in his own ability to bring out a decent tune from these lads. Having done so a bit from Jan to April. Most of us could have told him differently. The biggest puzzle I have is he pulled Fane from the side towards the end of last season. Presumably coz he can’t care for the ball enough. He’s now the first name on the team sheet. Followed by the weak-Banks. I worry further that having not used Flynn yet and clearly having not learned anything from last season (and the video nasties) he’ll turn to him next. 

He needed to gut that midfield. Use Fane more sparingly. The only plus of this start is it’s happened inside the transfer window. Whether Shez prises open “Thanks Simon’s” hand & can restart this season one can only hope. The chase to sign Ripley and having a lot of eggs in one basket has been a massive bullet to the foot. I hope he can sort this mess coz I’d be gutted to see it go the way his first proper stint as a manager did. It feels very reminiscent. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Was surprised by his first two post match interviews but this is a whole new level. David Dunn style attack on the team. How can he not know this team can’t head a ball? How could he not see the midfield was piss weak? How could he not realise that caring for the ball, passing and moving was an alien concept to most of this lot (having had it drilled into them by Robbo.) Has he not spent the summer viewing video nasty after video nasty from last season?

I can only think he’s had faith in his own ability to bring out a decent tune from these lads. Having done so a bit from Jan to April. Most of us could have told him differently. The biggest puzzle I have is he pulled Fane from the side towards the end of last season. Presumably coz he can’t care for the ball enough. He’s now the first name on the team sheet. Followed by the weak-Banks. I worry further that having not used Flynn yet and clearly having not learned anything from last season (and the video nasties) he’ll turn to him next. 

He needed to gut that midfield. Use Fane more sparingly. The only plus of this start is it’s happened inside the transfer window. Whether Shez prises open “Thanks Simon’s” hand & can restart this season one can only hope. The chase to sign Ripley and having a lot of eggs in one basket has been a massive bullet to the foot. I hope he can sort this mess coz I’d be gutted to see it go the way his first proper stint as a manager did. It feels very reminiscent. 

Got to agree with that, that midfield was piss poor for the majority of games last season but nothing has changed, obviously we don't have the money to buy any quality but surely there young uns better at prem clubs not getting a game that would be glad of game time...I for one don't believe Banks or Fane are any better than any midfielders in league 2, cant pass, challenge or create = shite

He's got several experienced professionals on his books, who'll all be on decent wages (Gerrard, Clarke, Davies, Green, Flynn, Gardner, Wilson, Banks...), and has already been given transfer funds to spend on younger players with one eye on the future (Holloway, Hunt, Duffus...). The only players who left at the end of last season were Croft, Law, Reckord, Ngoo, Dunne and Kettings, + those who returned after loan spells. 

Not sure where he thinks the money's coming from to sign another 5-6 players without offloading some others.

The central midfield's rubbish - everyone can see that - so he might get his wish for another player there. And he's probably justified in looking for another goalkeeper. But that aside, there should be enough talent there to be competitive at this level given the right management and tactics. Shrewsbury have won their first two and I can't see anyone in their squad I'm jealous of. Success at this level is as much about being fit, organised and solid as it is about anything else - and there's no excuse for us not being that with our current players. 

Edited by OneSizeFitz