Movement, Pressing, Closing down.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe if Beadle's about.

Sutherland plays for Hyde now.

Hyde started well and should have been 2-3 up in the first half. Then the turning point the Glossop goalkeeper got sent off and Glossops number 9 went in net. Siege mentality kicked in and Glossop defended dogedly and held out for a 0-0. Sutherland showed a few good moments showing why he was on our books but not enough to turn the game. They don't build the play up through midfield at that level so he doesn't get it to feet too much. Hyde will be the more dissapointed having had the chances and a man advantage for over an hour.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hyde started well and should have been 2-3 up in the first half. Then the turning point the Glossop goalkeeper got sent off and Glossops number 9 went in net. Siege mentality kicked in and Glossop defended dogedly and held out for a 0-0. Sutherland showed a few good moments showing why he was on our books but not enough to turn the game. They don't build the play up through midfield at that level so he doesn't get it to feet too much. Hyde will be the more dissapointed having had the chances and a man advantage for over an hour.

Good game at Droylsden..Bloods 2 Mossley 0, some nice passing football played. 

Plenty of chances could have finished 6-6.

Edited by BP1960

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good game at Droylsden..Bloods 2 Mossley 0, some nice passing football played. 

Plenty of chances could have finished 6-6.

Good team to keep an eye on are Harrogate Town, seen them a couple of times and have already highlighted Simon Ainge whose now bagged 9 in 7 but a couple of midfielders who caught my eye are Jack Emmett and one in particular Josh Falkingham who has one hell of an engine, box to box and everything goes through him if it wasn't for his size he'd be playing in the FL, he's not the tallest but technically he's very good and for me would walk straight into our midfield, going back to Ainge he couldn't play at a much higher level as he's a bit of a pudding, doesn't lose much in the air though and he's certainly got an eye for goal at the level he's at.

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Good team to keep an eye on are Harrogate Town, seen them a couple of times and have already highlighted Simon Ainge whose now bagged 9 in 7 but a couple of midfielders who caught my eye are Jack Emmett and one in particular Josh Falkingham who has one hell of an engine, box to box and everything goes through him if it wasn't for his size he'd be playing in the FL, he's not the tallest but technically he's very good and for me would walk straight into our midfield, going back to Ainge he couldn't play at a much higher level as he's a bit of a pudding, doesn't lose much in the air though and he's certainly got an eye for goal at the level he's at.

Akinfenwa and Rhead have done ok despite being big units. I'll keep a look out for Harrogate.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

No keeper on the bench?  Amateurs!

The first choice keeper was sent off in the previous week 2 keepers sent off in the first 2 weeks of the season. Still if your number 9 can go in net and keep a clean sheet for an hour when you are down to 10 it doesn't matter.

He was sent off for handling outside the area after a terrible headed back pass from Glossops centre back. Which reminds us that goalkeepers walk a tightrope if they commit a foul it usually prevents a clear goalscoring opportunity so are often sent off. So far by not having one on the bench Latics have so far got lucky.

Edited by GlossopLatic

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

My mate scored again. Avoiding seeing his tweets this evening...

I heard the Bloods manager has a policy of not starting players who haven't trained during the week, don't know if its true or not. 

Edited by BP1960