12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe Matt will get fixed up at Latics?

I was about to suggest exactly the same thing - the club could use a proper reporter on their staff, someone who'd be able to advise them on how to handle the up to now really poor club communications. He'd be a great link between club and supporters.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I was about to suggest exactly the same thing - the club could use a proper reporter on their staff, someone who'd be able to advise them on how to handle the up to now really poor club communications. He'd be a great link between club and supporters.

Yes, hes been a good commicator to the public, just what the club needs.

17 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

As the club did with Tony Bugby

Paul Flint and Jonathan Maston of KPMG LLP were appointed joint administrators of Hirst, Kidd & Rennie Ltd, the company which produces the Oldham Evening Chronicle, on August 31, 2017.

The business has, unfortunately, ceased trading on the administrators' appointment.

This website will not be updated until further notice.

Enquiries regarding the business should be made in writing to Paul Flint, Joint Administrator of Hirst, Kidd and Rennie Ltd, KPMG LLP, 1 St. Peter's Square, Manchester M2 3AE.

From the Chron site http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/105264/oldham-evening-chronicle-in-administration

Out of interest, does anyone know how many staff the Chron employed? Very sad news, they were always a great publication for local sport. Know Simon Smedley and Kevin Richardson from the sports department and they're great fellas.

Hopefully the Oldham Chron gets taken over and continues as an online affair. We really do take for granted how important a local news outlet is, specifically for amateur sports.

12 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Out of interest, does anyone know how many staff the Chron employed? Very sad news, they were always a great publication for local sport. Know Simon Smedley and Kevin Richardson from the sports department and they're great fellas.

Hopefully the Oldham Chron gets taken over and continues as an online affair. We really do take for granted how important a local news outlet is, specifically for amateur sports.

48 I understand.

13 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Why on earth do you put yourself through being a oldham fan if ur not from oldham

To be fair this applies to me too. Born in London, never lived in Oldham. Grandad and dad both Latics fans, better being one too than the usual Liverpool/Man U fans at school.

Sad day. Grew up with the Chron in our house.

I was smiling to myself the other day when my nine year old was reading up on Latics in the Chron whilst having his supper, just as I did as a 9 year old back in 1990. Only the stories were usually more interesting back then!

Gutted for the staff. Thought Matt Chambers was a top reporter. How many miles must he have done this last 12 years following Latics?! 

I remember back in the pre internet days when the Chron was our only source of Latics news. And they had the 'Stop press' section at the  bottom of the back page for news they got just before going to press. Many a Latics signing announced that way. I seem to remember the circulation was around 50,000 in the early 90s. How times have changed.