• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I think it’s either a weekly or a daily...can’t see the point of a twice a week publication  with already one from the reporter and one from Oldham Times.

Plus the daily Oldham edition of the M.E.N.

Bonus points to Matt for the Jeff Buckley song - obscure classic! 

So why is Matt Chambers not going to be covering the ISZ circus anymore?   Its a shame because he has done a very good job over the years.

* insert viscous and unsubstantiated rumour that he has been banned by SC for some connection to the tax raid .... *

14 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Bonus points to Matt for the Jeff Buckley song - obscure classic! 

So why is Matt Chambers not going to be covering the ISZ circus anymore?   Its a shame because he has done a very good job over the years.

* insert viscous and unsubstantiated rumour that he has been banned by SC for some connection to the tax raid .... *

I assume the MEN have decided to do away with his new coverage for them after the demise of the Chron.

Just now, opinions4u said:

I assume the MEN have decided to do away with his new coverage for them after the demise of the Chron.

Looks like he's no longer with the MEN as his twitter bio now states 'freelance reporter' instead of 'Oldham Athletic reporter for the MEN'.

I did wonder how long they would persist with a  dedicated Latics reporter. The guy who did it before him covered other sports and teams as well and he now appears to have Latics  coverage back in his portfolio. I imagine it must have been frustrating for him too, as there was never going to be a demand for a back page article on Latics everyday in the MEN as there was in the Chron..

On the plus side, it looks like Latics coverage in the Oldham Times has increased a bit recently and there is the prospect of more coverage when the Chron returns.

When Matt Chambers was interviewed on one of the Radio Manchester programmes featuring the club. he was asked if he was enjoying life at the MEN and he seemed very luke warm about it in his answer. He didn't say I'm enjoying it a lot, he just said "It's ok".