Port Vale (H)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

And unless we want a fine, not too many changes to the starting lineup allowed, even if all our players are back. Or has that rule changed?

The team can be a % of those who have played most games. Think Dummingham and McLaughlin are both ineligible due to international call-ups.

The list of players is also connected to those who play the next league game, so we are able to bring in loads players if they play next week too (see McLaughlin and Dummingham)

13 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

£20 build a burger option at OEC for this one for me and will be my son's first ever Latics game (11 weeks old).

What could he have possibly done so wrong in his first 11 weeks to deserve such punishment? 

Only playing, great work ?

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Boycott and comp that brings in money? Boycott and not get behind your team, makes perfect sense ??‍♂️

You are aware that it costs money to host the games and the competition only brings in money due to prize money, not via gate receipts.

If the attendance is still 80% Oldham fans, then there is still the home advantage even if it is played in front of 5 people. (Although 2 of our best home performances were against sides where we only just had more fans than they did)

The Boycott has nothing to do with the club, it's an abomination of a competition, where the views of the fans were ignored about the format, and is an attempt to get Premier League B-sides into the league system through the back door.

As to the argument about improving English young players. The entire England u20 squad, almost exactly who the competition is designed to help the development of, played 6 games in the competition last year, 3 of those games were from one player based at League 1 Charlton.

I liked the old JPT, this one I hate.

On 27/08/2017 at 6:00 PM, HarryBosch said:

Is it still cool to boycott this abomination of a competition? 

On 27/08/2017 at 7:13 PM, Latics_Fanatic said:

Fuck it.

I'm going.

Still got the football bug, somehow. 

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah and you have to keep telling people your boycotting not just not going ?

Are we all scabbing as a one off is there's takeover batshittery unfolding....? 

Disinterestedly as the club website is I can't find any information about this game - referee, preview or prices.  It is possible and hoped they have something else on their minds.

I go to support my team even though most of my team can't be arsed.

39 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Disinterestedly as the club website is I can't find any information about this game - referee, preview or prices.  It is possible and hoped they have something else on their minds.

Countdown at top of page and link to Buy Tickets. Kick off at 7:30.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Someone from the club must be reading

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/august/29082017-port-vale-ticket-prices/