Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Witty said:

Out of interest how much roughly do we think it would cost to buy the club?

I'm thinking along the lines of Euro lottery you see. I quite fancy owning Latics. First thing I'd do is appoint myself manager and drag Andy Ritchie back...not as manager...up front...maybe along side Frankie B.

To buy the club? £0 really its pretty worthless isn't it.

For the ground £7million. To pass the fit and proper person test you have to prove you can fund us for the next 2 years minimum. So Id say £10 million down will buy back the ground and keep the club going in its present form and pay off some liabilities and give the club some working capital, as we probably still have some rather large creditors. After that making stadium improvements, training ground improvements, a squad capable  of gaining promotion then competing at the level above? Well that could be anywhere between another £10-20million depending on what you want to do

Getting to the Championship? You would probably have to be prepared to fund yet more money, and as for getting back into the PL well you would probably need someone or a group of people who are prepared to burn 9 figures over a good decade or so. Tony Bloom at Brighton invested over £200 million to take them from a small athletics track at the withdean in league 1 to a state of the art stadium at the Amex and fund a number of quality signings even then hes only turning in a profit now they have got to the PL.

That said I would settle for someone who just knew what they were doing. A starting point should be avoiding relegation and buy back the ground. If you did that and ran the club competently then getting back into league 1 should be very much achievable.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

To buy the club? £0 really its pretty worthless isn't it.

For the ground £7million. To pass the fit and proper person test you have to prove you can fund us for the next 2 years minimum. So Id say £10 million down will buy back the ground and keep the club going in its present form and pay off some liabilities and give the club some working capital, as we probably still have some rather large creditors. After that making stadium improvements, training ground improvements, a squad capable  of gaining promotion then competing at the level above? Well that could be anywhere between another £10-20million depending on what you want to do

Getting to the Championship? You would probably have to be prepared to fund yet more money, and as for getting back into the PL well you would probably need someone or a group of people who are prepared to burn 9 figures over a good decade or so. Tony Bloom at Brighton invested over £200 million to take them from a small athletics track at the withdean in league 1 to a state of the art stadium at the Amex and fund a number of quality signings even then hes only turning in a profit now they have got to the PL.

That said I would settle for someone who just knew what they were doing. A starting point should be avoiding relegation and buy back the ground. If you did that and ran the club competently then getting back into league 1 should be very much achievable.

I’ll have a quick look down the back of the settee 

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

For those unable to attend any protest who still want to get rid of their scarf, perhaps donating them to the homeless etc. would be a reasonable alternative. 

That was my thoughts for the home for the returned scarves, thought Latics might get some good publicity by donating them to the homeless.

I would in truth rather cut out the middle man and give my scarf directly to the homeless but I appreciate the idea of returning them to the club    

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Found tuppance, a half eaten bourbon and some play dough so I’m out. Though it could be argued that I’ve got enough? 

Probably enough to get you another Sefil and Vera. Both, that is, not just one of 'em

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

That was my thoughts for the home for the returned scarves, thought Latics might get some good publicity by donating them to the homeless.

I would in truth rather cut out the middle man and give my scarf directly to the homeless but I appreciate the idea of returning them to the club    

You wouldn’t get much heroin for a Latics scarf...

Just now, oafcmetty said:

Can you share Paul's tweet? Think he blocked me years ago for mocking Mellor :D

Just a simple 'Can't wait for Friday.  Going to be brilliant'.

.....with Sinnott then replying with an 'inject me' meme

Archived