Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm one of "us, the fans" and I'm only bothered about interesting or important information. Not as much information as possible for information's sake. 

Your starting to come across as a bit of a prick now. 

When has had anybody asked for information for information sake?

Nobody. Your just making things up. 

Your deliberatley belittling people who are worried about the club, by implying that we want to know the in and outs of a ducks arse. Which again just isn’t true. Your also trivialising something that people spend a lot of time and thought on. Who are you to judge what people should be bothered about? 

ALL PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW IS, ARE WE IN TROUBLE?  Events suggest we are, and if we are then it’s just another drain on us ever turning the corner. I just for once want to go into a season without a shitstorm, or the apprehension of the next inevitable shitstorm. 

If you want to ignore all the bad press and the bad stories coming from the club, then that’s up to you. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

If you get the answer they haven't been paid and the club is in dire straits, then what difference does it make to you, what are you going to do about it other than clutter up a message board with more moans?

If that's your view then we may as well just fold the Trust. If AL does turn out to be another Becchetti type character then what can the Trust do, realistically, to save the club from liquidation? They'll be powerless.

6 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

So you believe that it is preferable to have no fans representation on the board and so the owner/board do not get feedback/opinions from fans?

You would rather they just did a bit of fundraising to raise money and invest into something they have no influence over?

I find that a very bizarre viewpoint and a regressive step.

I have no involvement with the trust, I know nobody on the trust and so I have no axe to grind one way or another other than being a fan of OAFC, so my opinions are my own.

All this message board moaning and challenges and want of instant answers to questions that are frankly bugger all to do with those asking the questions.

If the wages haven't been paid, then unless you are a member of the club (player or otherwise) then frankly it has no impact on you at all and so why do you have the right to know one way or another - unless you are their bank manager.

If you get the answer they haven't been paid and the club is in dire straits, then what difference does it make to you, what are you going to do about it other than clutter up a message board with more moans?

or will that be the impetus you need to get a call to arms to support the fans trust, who you have been berating on this board for not jumping to answer your question.

I am not sure why the Trust members put up with the snipping and moaning they get on this board, why would they stick the heads above the parapet to get harassed when life would be simpler to not be bothered and move to be inactive and make their lives simpler and blood pressure lower.

Why would they b encouraged to provide an answer on this message board to every single question, knowing they will get mithered all the bloody time.

They are doing it for the love of the club and I appreciate Underdogs updates, as she does try and keep us updated, despite the nonsense that sometimes erupts.

So if Simon Brooke does have a new role in the club, okay there maybe a conflict if he has these two hats, then I am sure he will do the right thing and so will the rest of the board. After all he is doing either a paid or unpaid role as a fan of the club, not that he wants to shaft anybody. If he can help improve the club from the inside, good for him he is still a fan and will probably do a better job than someone with no history with the club. As fans rep then he will need to be replaced to avoid the conflict of interest slurs, to protect himself, but that means somebody else needs to put their hand up and take on the role, that takes time and having people interested.

Hello Ricardo. 

You are very obviously involved considering how emotive that response is.

It wouldn’t surprise me if your Simon Brooke. 

Your Uber defensive tone is very predictable. 

Your absolutley right that i have no right to know when people are being paid. But if you think fans don’t look at the direction of travel of a club and or think it doesn’t matter. Your incredibly naive. 

What do you want?

Absolute blind loyalty? Nah. Thousands of others would appear to agree with me. 

I would love to be of full hope and blind optimism, but when all you hear from players, staff, and people connected to the club is that we are struggling, is it ok that that concerns me???? Is that allowed???? Without being twisted into moaning.

Or should I like you say, just turn up, shut up and let people get on with it. 

Being told to shut up and accept whatever happens is just incomprehensibly stupid.

Those who like to stay positive have taken it to a whole new level of just blind positivity and anyone who expresses concerns about the on-goings at the club is seen as a pessimistic knob!

Lads, we've just been relegated, players haven't been paid on time AGAIN and just to add salt to wounds it appears we haven't learnt from last years mistakes and we're signing unknown french players.

But yeah, everything's alright how dare I express concern. 

21 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Being told to shut up and accept whatever happens is just incomprehensibly stupid.

Those who like to stay positive have taken it to a whole new level of just blind positivity and anyone who expresses concerns about the on-goings at the club is seen as a pessimistic knob!

Lads, we've just been relegated, players haven't been paid on time AGAIN and just to add salt to wounds it appears we haven't learnt from last years mistakes and we're signing unknown french players.

Christ I hope we do well in our first few games so I don’t have to listen to your shite any more. 

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Christ I hope we do well in our first few games so I don’t have to listen to your shite any more. 

Everyone is entitled to their say, it's just that you abuse the privilege!         Sorry this was meant for kusunga!

I thought the trust had a say in allowing AL to take over the club. They met him and he convinced them that he would take the club forward. 

Did he prove to the trust that he had the finances to take us forward, or did they just take his word for it? After all he was aiming for a push to the Championship this season and that wouldn't have been cheap.

The trust said that big things were planned for the pitch, but all that seems to have been done is a tractor going around spraying seed, sand and no doubt some nutrients on it.

The only reason these rumours are flying around seems to be because someone says the players and staff haven't been paid. Surely the trust can confirm whether or not this is still happening. If AL has the money to move the club forward then this should never have happened since he took over. If it's true they haven't been paid then it proves he hasn't got the money to do anything but take the club backwards not forwards.

Maybe some loans were taken out by SC with the club as surety which didn't appear in the books that has taken cash he intended spending on the budget. If this is the case then legal action should be taken by AL against SC. Maybe he is doing this, who knows. He can't be to concerned about things though if he is swanning around at the World Cup. Maybe he is on a scouting mission!!!!

Al has said he wants this club back to the good old days let's give him and all managers and players full support trust the signings and hope we have luck on our side I'm confident for playoffs at worst this coming season  

11 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Al has said he wants this club back to the good old days let's give him and all managers and players full support trust the signings and hope we have luck on our side I'm confident for playoffs at worst this coming season  

Get out of the sun and take plenty of water.

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I thought the trust had a say in allowing AL to take over the club. They met him and he convinced them that he would take the club forward. 

They didn't have a right of veto!! 

35 minutes ago, singe said:

We get more information from him than the Trust.

Perhaps he could tell us what Simon Brooke is up to as well.

I know you are being a bit facetious but the less a Sun Journo sniffs around the club the better. 

Dear all.

Apologies for the lack of response for the last few days.

I can confirm that Jorvik has raised several issues and I hope we have captured them all as it can be time consuming to go  through pages to see if we have missed anything.

It would help us all greatly if you could use the pinned thread at the top of the owtb page, so we don't miss anything. I know McFluff has posted a question in there and Jorvik has responded already to this.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

?

9 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

?

They where paid one day late because the month end fell on a weekend. No bloody big deal which you are trying to turn it into. For god sake go and support the manure or cethe and give us all a rest and some peace. You over sensations are constant and unwanted. Sorry this is in response to Kasunga the eternal pessimist.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Dear all.

Apologies for the lack of response for the last few days.

I can confirm that Jorvik has raised several issues and I hope we have captured them all as it can be time consuming to go  through pages to see if we have missed anything.

It would help us all greatly if you could use the pinned thread at the top of the owtb page, so we don't miss anything. I know McFluff has posted a question in there and Jorvik has responded already to this.

Thanks

Fair enough. 

I’ll post questions in there in future. 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Hello Ricardo. 

You are very obviously involved considering how emotive that response is.

It wouldn’t surprise me if your Simon Brooke. 

Your Uber defensive tone is very predictable. 

Your absolutley right that i have no right to know when people are being paid. But if you think fans don’t look at the direction of travel of a club and or think it doesn’t matter. Your incredibly naive. 

What do you want?

Absolute blind loyalty? Nah. Thousands of others would appear to agree with me. 

I would love to be of full hope and blind optimism, but when all you hear from players, staff, and people connected to the club is that we are struggling, is it ok that that concerns me???? Is that allowed???? Without being twisted into moaning.

Or should I like you say, just turn up, shut up and let people get on with it. 

Yeah the only reason I am disagreeing with you is because I am Simon Brooke or another member of the trust, as nobody unconnected could have an opinion other than questioning the fans trust!

You are wrong, but you will believe what you believe and think their is an ulterior motive behind my post.

So who alre all these thousands of fans who are questioning? All the ones with season tickets? Or the thousands of stay always?

I am not sure a few posters on this message board count as the thousand of dissenting voices you have roaring behind you.

Maybe you have many connections in the club and have the inside knowledge and post from a position of being in the know,;  however I don’t think a few posts of hearsay and tittle tattle qualify as accurate reporting of the situation.

Ultimatley we have been struggling for years as we are a small football league club with a low level of support, so whilst we as fans are emotionally attached for the players it is a job, for the owner it I sure a business. AL might be a shrewd businessman, he might be a poor businessman but it isn’t in his interests to destroy his business with mismanagement is it.

we are customers, so yes the any business should listen to the voice of the customer, which is where the trust comes in by being on the board. As we have heard from the trust AL has been its wing to them, whereas Corney didn’t want anything to do with the trust. 

You stated the trust should just not bother being on the board as it can’t tell you the ins and outs of everything that goes on. So you want your voice heard by the club but then want to remove the conduit for that voice? 

You cant have it both ways.

6 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Yeah the only reason I am disagreeing with you is because I am Simon Brooke or another member of the trust, as nobody unconnected could have an opinion other than questioning the fans trust!

You are wrong, but you will believe what you believe and think their is an ulterior motive behind my post.

So who alre all these thousands of fans who are questioning? All the ones with season tickets? Or the thousands of stay always?

I am not sure a few posters on this message board count as the thousand of dissenting voices you have roaring behind you.

Maybe you have many connections in the club and have the inside knowledge and post from a position of being in the know,;  however I don’t think a few posts of hearsay and tittle tattle qualify as accurate reporting of the situation.

Ultimatley we have been struggling for years as we are a small football league club with a low level of support, so whilst we as fans are emotionally attached for the players it is a job, for the owner it I sure a business. AL might be a shrewd businessman, he might be a poor businessman but it isn’t in his interests to destroy his business with mismanagement is it.

we are customers, so yes the any business should listen to the voice of the customer, which is where the trust comes in by being on the board. As we have heard from the trust AL has been its wing to them, whereas Corney didn’t want anything to do with the trust. 

You stated the trust should just not bother being on the board as it can’t tell you the ins and outs of everything that goes on. So you want your voice heard by the club but then want to remove the conduit for that voice? 

Do you remember Chris Moore? Genuine question. He's the reason people get concerned when there is talk of the PFA being called in by the players. That's from someone on here who is normally correct with stuff.

You say it's not in AL's interest to tho  his business by mismanagement like nobody has thought of that. We know it wouldn't be in his interest, doesn't mean it can't happen and ruin our club.

Seen as you believe people shouldn't question the trust about things like this, can you let me know what the trust is there for in your opinion?

Morning everyone, hope we are recovered from the England game. During the match we had an update from your Trust rep and it am asking for a little faith in your Trust board that we are in the loop but we don't want to air, in depth, the  clubs business in a public social media space. To be brief we discussed

In coming revenue

ourstanding debt from previous regime

change to clubs bank account and recent impact 

embargo

PFA

player signings

I am satisfied with the update I received, yes you might question my naivety in business matters and you might be questioning the integrety of your Trust rep, but I am asking for that faith in your Trust board.....there are people who are directors who are buisness people, work in finances and have been in place from the Moore era onwards

We are upto date.

The AGM is next Monday folks, please come down and meet your Trust people, typing things out on post can make us annoymous and inhuman, meeting us and verbally hearing information might make you understand us a bit better.

thanks

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

Morning everyone, hope we are recovered from the England game. During the match we had an update from your Trust rep and it am asking for a little faith in your Trust board that we are in the loop but we don't want to air, in depth, the  clubs business in a public social media space. To be brief we discussed

In coming revenue

embargo

PFA

player signings

I am satisfied with the update I received, yes you might question my naivety in business matters and you might be questioning the integrety of your Trust rep, but I am asking for that faith in your Trust board.....there are people who are directors who are buisness people, work in finances and have been through this from the Moore era previously. 

We are upto date.

The AGM is next Monday folks, please come down and meet your Trust people, typing things out on post can make us annoymous and inhuman, meeting us and verbally hearing information might make you understand us a bit better.

thanks

Thanks for this.  If you’re happy then I’m happy.

Perhaps we have a restricted area on here or via the Trust website where we register to get further detail?  

I’d love to attend the AGM and be more actively involved with the Trust but living 130 miles from Oldham is a challenge, especially when my work diary and location changes by the day.  

16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Yet another post from the glass half full brigade insulting the glass half empty posters. 

Following a series of posts from the glass half empty brigade insulting the glass half full brigade. 

Christ can you lot not understand there are different types of people on the planet with contrasting viewpoints. 

Stop bickering and posting all the 'well he started it' crap. 

Can I suggest that if you see a post that you do not agree with then either reply to it with facts or simply ignore it. 

Owtb might not be so tiresome then. 

I will prepare to now be downboated by the same usual suspects. 

51 minutes ago, HallamBlue said:

Hi Tracy good luck with it all. I might be being thick or missed something but whats happened to the Trust website the link off the club doesn't work and google search gives you nothing. http://trustoldham.co.uk/ a dead end. Not a clue who is and isnt involved anymore beyond a select few a bit like a secret society no disrespect intended. Meanwhile anyone have reasons for or have the media lads given up on the roles as website way out of date still showing ex staff/players....  

I asked the question last week regarding the trust website.

It is currently being upgraded.

Hope this helps until underdog etc give you clarity

9 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Is people directly speaking from the club tittle tattle????

So people aren’t getting paid on time, affecting their lives. An to you it’s what- hearsay!? 

That’s really disrespectful. 

Being a small club does not and will not ever mean we should be poorly run. Yes it will mean we have to cut our cloth. But I would genuinely prefer us to be a really well run non league club. With loads of fan engagement, and happy players and staff. Than I would a bone of our arse league club, constantly fire fighting. It’s no fun anymore. I would rather we start from scratch, and become a proper club again. 

The thousands of fans I’m referring to is the ever dwindling home attendance. Which is in part a lack of success, but is also for a lot of people that the club never gives you a consistent amount of forward momentum. Late payments, bad PR no PR etc etc.  Fan apathy is rife. We are down to the hardcore. 

The reason people are concerned is we’ve had 15 years of this. The takeover was supposed to be light at the end tunnel. An let’s be honest here, since AL has been here, we’ve been relegated. The running of the club looks as shabby as ever, and he never speaks or try’s to galvanise the fan base.   

Good start. . 

My point about the trust is very simple. 

I would just like them to answer a question without feeling they are jepodising there position. Or without my having to come to a meeting.

Which to be fair, Tracey has said stick your questions in the pinned thread and will they try an answer. Fair enough. 

3 hours ago, underdog said:

In coming revenue

embargo

PFA

player signings

I am satisfied with the update I received, yes you might question my naivety in business matters and you might be questioning the integrety of your Trust rep, but I am asking for that faith in your Trust board.....there are people who are directors who are buisness people, work in finances and have been in place from the Moore era onwards

We are upto date.

thanks

Thanks very much Tracy. Whilst I  always prefer things on a more formal basis, I  am glad that the questions above are being asked, and I really appreciate you updating us. I am too old to just have blind faith in anything any more. However, I do really value you taking the time to update us and the most important aspect of the update is the topics covered. It is not lip service then. I am  more reassured. Please can we get the website sorted and this formally added. But most importantly, thank you.

Archived