Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, latics22 said:

I wasn’t going to say anything from the info I got about the meal with corney, there wasn’t anything new. But I saw someone ask if he’s fronting for someone else. He’s not, he’s buying it, he’s rich but not mega rich. Scholes would have been manager if wellens handnt done so well. He is buying 97%. It’s what we already new apart from the fact he’s buying it not someone else.

Similar to what I've heard. Although a slight twist to the Scholes thing. Simon still would've had Scholes. It was AL who made sure it was Wellens who got the job.

5 hours ago, LaticMark said:

The EFL now have all the information they need, and the takeover is now "very close" according to Mark Moisley on Radio Manchester a few minutes ago.

Playing SC at his own game! No point handing over the cash earlier in the season because the transfer window is closed and he cant make the changes he wants until January. So let the money he has set aside for the club earn interest - and SC own the increased losses until the start of the new year.

Meantime he can watch and learn from behind the scenes without the emotional attachment of being in charge. If this is his plan then we may well have ourselves a very smart operator.

1 hour ago, Stagger Lee said:

Playing SC at his own game! No point handing over the cash earlier in the season because the transfer window is closed and he cant make the changes he wants until January. So let the money he has set aside for the club earn interest - and SC own the increased losses until the start of the new year.

Meantime he can watch and learn from behind the scenes without the emotional attachment of being in charge. If this is his plan then we may well have ourselves a very smart operator.

But he paid the last lot of wages so not entirely true....

Do we think that a new owner coming in will have an immediate impact on our home attendances?

Tranmere have dropped 2 divisions and are currently outside the playoff places in the National League, yet they are still averaging 5000+ which is not too many less than they were averaging in our league 3 or 4 seasons ago!

It’s been a very long while since we’ve seen 7/8k crowds at BP....Do we still have the potential to attract such crowds, the new owner obviously thinks we can but I’m not so sure!

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Do we think that a new owner coming in will have an immediate impact on our home attendances?

Tranmere have dropped 2 divisions and are currently outside the playoff places in the National League, yet they are still averaging 5000+ which is not too many less than they were averaging in our league 3 or 4 seasons ago!

It’s been a very long while since we’ve seen 7/8k crowds at BP....Do we still have the potential to attract such crowds, the new owner obviously thinks we can but I’m not so sure!

I think any realistic upturn in crowds will probably come around if the investment allows the club to slowly build the team in quality and strength, get promotion and maintain good results on the pitch. 'Bigger' teams visiting BP combined with good results should be enough, one would hope, to swell attendances. It is a big ask but fingers crossed, this potential investment is the catalyst to make it happen. 

On 07/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, HarryBosch said:

Why?

I'm just that kind of guy. :D 

10 hours ago, super_blue said:

But he paid the last lot of wages so not entirely true....

When you say "he" do you mean the current chairman and paid out of his own pocket? 

On another note, If it's now a takeover, land and buildings that is then I'm still pushed to see how it can be done by 1st Jan. And I'll still be out of a pocket by £10 regardless.

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

When you say "he" do you mean the current chairman and paid out of his own pocket? 

On another note, If it's now a takeover, land and buildings that is then I'm still pushed to see how it can be done by 1st Jan. And I'll still be out of a pocket by £10 regardless.

He as in the potential new owner. 

37 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

He can't play purchase the whole club as the Trust owns 3% so it's probably what it means that he will  own 97%, could be wrong though

I think Moisley mentioned him buying the 97% previously, but don't know if there is a change 

Archived