Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

8 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I think Moisley mentioned him buying the 97% previously, but don't know if there is a change 

Yeah he did on BBC Radio Manchester but I guess unless we heard for certain from Moisley or a club figure like Corney we wouldn't know if there has been a change since

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, underdog said:

So we have gone from investment, to takeover and now back to investment?

So if we are close I will presume the debentures have been satisfied too.

all aboard trh OAFC merry go round. Where we stop no one knows

No I think it's still a takeover MEN have always called it investment since the start while Moisley refuted that saying it is a full takeover with 97% Abdallah, 3% the Trust so I guess that's still the case

2 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Is this the same story that was in the Oldham Times last Thursday?

I tihnk it is, but updating saying we are a bit closer.
It feels close, but I long ago reached the stage of waiting till AL names himself as sub before I am certain it has happened. (:D )

19 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

No I think it's still a takeover MEN have always called it investment since the start while Moisley refuted that saying it is a full takeover with 97% Abdallah, 3% the Trust so I guess that's still the case

Then if it's takeover and it's close then I will presume the debentures have been settled/close to being settled and the Trust/OMBC will be notified soon with regards to the ACV on the land.

Ooooo exciting times

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Then if it's takeover and it's close then I will presume the debentures have been settled/close to being settled and the Trust/OMBC will be notified soon with regards to the ACV on the land.

Ooooo exciting times

Which debentures? Anyhow, typically debentures would be settled at the time of completion. You seem very obsessed with these debentures.

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Which debentures? Anyhow, typically debentures would be settled at the time of completion. You seem very obsessed with these debentures.

Off the top of my head their are  two

• Brass bank
  • Necarcu loan

The rumour I have heard is that it was investment, then AL came over and started proper buzzin off us and the whole day to day stuff, also he was excited by how he could finish off the half finished stand (oh the irony). So he started talking lock stock prices with SC and it took him a week to put his eyes back in and to stop ocassionally laughing out loud in public. So now we are back at investment level, but with SC whispering maybes and in the future type come ons to him.

18 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Moisley on BBC RM but missed it. Anyone have a listen and was there anything mentioned about the takeover?

I’m guessing it will have been more of the “very soon” talk... 

When there is something worthwhile to say I expect they’ll say it through the club website. 

13 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I’m guessing it will have been more of the “very soon” talk... 

When there is something worthwhile to say I expect they’ll say it through the club website. 

I have to agree. I think we will only ever know anything tangible through the official site. It makes sense.

According to one Facebook post this morning:

"Abdallah chaired a board meeting yesterday and is definitely taking over, just waiting EFL to rubber stamp, RW just had his Press Conference and wants the 3 Loanees to stay at the Club, Abdallah has apparently fallen in love with the Club and can't wait to get going. Hold on to your hats !!!"

8 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"Abdallah chaired a board meeting yesterday and is definitely taking over, just waiting EFL to rubber stamp, RW just had his Press Conference and wants the 3 Loanees to stay at the Club, Abdallah has apparently fallen in love with the Club and can't wait to get going. Hold on to your hats !!!"

Must be the first time in history someone not actually on a board of a company has chaired a board meeting

4 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

This is all looking good and even my fingers are crossed now...which for me is unusual. Many will ask what motivation there is for Lemsagam to invest and take over the club and the only thing I can think of is that we all need something that we can be occupied with. Whether that's a hobby or, if financial means are available, something that can be built to a success. I starting to believe circumstance may have just dealt the club a good hand for once. 

Archived