Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Yep...... however the share capital update would indicate Corney retains some share....!?!?

Probably/possibly.  We don’t know yet, so best to just wait and see than speculate and argue for another 100 pages... ?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Probably/possibly.  We don’t know yet, so best to just wait and see than speculate and argue for another 100 pages... ?

Nah, this is a message board. If AL doesn’t wanna ka-myoo-ni-kate then speculation is fair game. :lol:

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No surprises here for me regarding the Trust and it’s ‘influence’

As for the rest, I don’t think we have full info on the share allocation do we?  Jumping the gun. 

SandyLaneSmoker seems to think he knows...

18 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Nah, this is a message board. If AL doesn’t wanna ka-myoo-ni-kate then speculation is fair game. :lol:

Fair enough. I’ll pitch in occasionally... if only to aggravate people. ?

6 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Tracy there is a massive difference between Directors having a vote and shares with voting rights,

Hi chaddy, Simon Brooke votes, he also has a legal responsibilities with the rest of the board of directors with regards to the club begin run as a business and all the consequences that come with it to.

examples being, if the  HMRC outcome is the club owe money then he with the rest of the board are legally responsible for it and can be chased for it. 

Consulted on/to vote on any extra agreed finaces begin taken out against the club

Allowed to see the books of the business and sign off on them yearly before submissions to company house

He even voted to the proposed change of ownership.

Probabably more important stuff too.. He is a director of the business of OAFC has all the  responsibilities of that business

he votes and it's an equal parity....honest,  to me it makes sense if you are going  to have all that responsibilities then you need to have a say/vote.

I am sure LL and Jorvik can explain it better.

cheers

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

How?

Well, if he does then he can link us to the info I suppose.

:dedhrse:

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

SandyLaneSmoker seems to think he knows...

:smoking:

:dunce:

No surprises here for me regarding the Trust and it’s ‘influence’

As for the rest, I don’t think we have full info on the share allocation do we?  Jumping the gun. 

I'm sorry can you clarify influence?

thanks

7 hours ago, singe said:

Thanks Tracy, much appreciated, a really important clarification.

I must admit it goes whoosh over my head and although they'd are cat B shares at companies house. It's the articles of association that gives the trust do equal partity to vote

According to this - https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/ 

OWNERSHIP STATEMENT

COMPANY DETAILS  

Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC Ltd.  

Registered in England: Company Number: 4989487  

VAT Registered Number: 831 8971 04

Abdallah Lemsagam holds 97% of share capital.  

Declaration under Regulation 105 of The Football League Limited.

42 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

According to this - https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/ 

OWNERSHIP STATEMENT

COMPANY DETAILS  

Oldham Athletic (2004) AFC Ltd.  

Registered in England: Company Number: 4989487  

VAT Registered Number: 831 8971 04

Abdallah Lemsagam holds 97% of share capital.  

Declaration under Regulation 105 of The Football League Limited.

I think the Companies House filings are just out of date. Yes, they have filed the form SH01 to show that more shares were issued, but I think the info on who holds the shares is old. The Confirmation Statement (Annual Return showing shareholders etc.) was done on 9th Dec 2017 and had "no updates" for the year. The law has now been changed to say that if you have a new PSC (Person with Significant Control) you have to declare it to Companies House straight away, rather than when you file your next Confirmation Statement, but they may not realise that - I only found out by accident. 

25 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

I think the Companies House filings are just out of date. Yes, they have filed the form SH01 to show that more shares were issued, but I think the info on who holds the shares is old. The Confirmation Statement (Annual Return showing shareholders etc.) was done on 9th Dec 2017 and had "no updates" for the year. The law has now been changed to say that if you have a new PSC (Person with Significant Control) you have to declare it to Companies House straight away, rather than when you file your next Confirmation Statement, but they may not realise that - I only found out by accident. 

Interesting. But the Companies house filing was dated as from 24th Jan 2018, and was received by Companies House on 6th March 2018, so not out of date.

It does not state who owned the 50%, and given the timescales only AL surely.?

AL is listed as a Director from 24th Jan

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04989487/officers

The takeover was announced on 26th Jan, so only 2 days different, and seems likely the timescale was corret
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history/MzE5OTM3MTk1MWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

We have a knack of not doing things straightforwardly don't we.

19 minutes ago, singe said:

Interesting. But the Companies house filing was dated as from 24th Jan 2018, and was received by Companies House on 6th March 2018, so not out of date.

The takeover was announced on 26th Jan, so only 2 days different, and seems likely the timescale was corret
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04989487/filing-history/MzE5OTM3MTk1MWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Hi Singe, here are the latest filings as per Companies House Beta service. The Confirmation Statement says that it was "made on 9 December 2017 with no updates". And the SH01 only shows how many shares were issued and doesn't say who owns them. 

Edit: if you view the PDF of the Confirmation Statement it says that it was received via electronic filing on 1st March but the "as at" date for the report was 9th Dec. 

image.thumb.png.158dd405645b7c5c0274901a2088e681.png

11 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be worried about in any of this, to be honest... I think I'll get back to just looking forward to the game on Saturday.

Well if you were worried about this there is nowt you can do about it just like it has been for years thru the various ownwerships, so yes-bring on Saturday afternoon.

9 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be worried about in any of this, to be honest... I think I'll get back to just looking forward to the game on Saturday.

Me neither.
Time to lock the thread and enjoy the ride.

Starting tomorrow! :D 

11 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Its interesting googling all the addresses on there!

Absolutely fascinating. Most Directors don't put their home addresses on Companies House if they have any sense. They either use their companies trading address or an "Accomodation Address"  where their company is registered. This  is entirely  legal and   

Protects  the home/familly address from crank mail  and attention.

Archived