Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, underdog said:

My logic is saying maybe that's why its handy still to have Corney around just in case things like this turn up. We  still haven't had an outcome from the HMRC pre-xmas visit

Unless I am being totally stupid,  surely when the takeover happened both parties would have agreed who was responsible for what bills before/after take over

Or am I totally being naïve?

At the moment it's not 'you' being naive many of us are twitchy about.

1 hour ago, singe said:

My hunch, right now, is that we'll have a League 2 budget. 

It may change, but at the moment I'd put my shirt on it. 

But not the traditional shirt, that's too good.:)

• 2 weeks later...

On 27/04/2018 at 6:50 PM, singe said:

My hunch, right now, is that we'll have a League 2 budget. 

It may change, but at the moment I'd put my shirt on it. 

according to some here and elswhere we have had a league 2 budget for the ladt ten years 

10 hours ago, singe said:

Absolutely,  was just some were thinking we might have cash pumped in.

They did sell a couple of players for good fees though and found like for like replacements quite cheaply. 

10 hours ago, peanuts said:

according to some here and elswhere we have had a league 2 budget for the ladt ten years 

If we didn't then we had had some seriously bad managers considering the league positions we have achieved with a 'league 1' budget. 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why on earth would he want to? 

Well he has more money than god and it wouldn’t even dent his annual increase in wealth to do so.  So it wouldn’t cost him.

But I agree, what possible motivation could he have other than to give back to a deprived town (of which he has fond memories) that has combined wealth amongst ALL of its residents and property of considerably less than his personal wealth. 

He is literally worth considerably more than the entire town. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Well he has more money than god and it wouldn’t even dent his annual increase in wealth to do so.  So it wouldn’t cost him.

But I agree, what possible motivation could he have other than to give back to a deprived town (of which he has fond memories) that has combined wealth amongst ALL of its residents and property of considerably less than his personal wealth. 

He is literally worth considerably more than the entire town. 

Trouble is he has no affinity or very few fond memories because he moved when he was boy and it was a council house then. Still worth asking of course.

Anyway, I thought most from Failsworth thought they were from Manchester..... :peepwall:

30 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nasty rumours on twitter that some players want out because we can't afford them? 

Utter bollocks, too many reading into that sun article written with corney more like! 

Archived