Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

We had a couple of fans who work at the club in various roles, at the AGM.  I know Lee asked the question about wages and I don't remember as I had my head down, doing the notes anyone speaking up to say they had not from a non player angle. I know one was a turntstyle operator and another from the community trust. Maybe they didn't want to say anything which is fair enough

i know the club switched back accounts, I'm clutching at stews with regards to an oversight but you really need to take this further with the club

What’s the trusts take on all these French 4th tier players? Does AL have a plan?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, latics22 said:

What’s the trusts take on all these French 4th tier players? Does AL have a plan?

Well me personally,if they have the look of and skills of Mr Va,va voom himself....I'm all for it...heheh

I think that it is incredible that we think that AL made a mistake in entering the dressing room and then had chats with individual players etc. We then say that he has learnt a lesson and will not interfere with the running of the team again. How naive, those of us that haven't even been involved in professional football, as he has, know that one of the unwritten rules for an owner is don't interfere with the running of the team. AL is incredibly naive if he didn't understand that.

56 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I think that it is incredible that we think that AL made a mistake in entering the dressing room and then had chats with individual players etc. We then say that he has learnt a lesson and will not interfere with the running of the team again. How naive, those of us that haven't even been involved in professional football, as he has, know that one of the unwritten rules for an owner is don't interfere with the running of the team. AL is incredibly naive if he didn't understand that.

Easy saying that when it’s not your own money laticsmarra or your managing someone else’s interests. 

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Easy saying that when it’s not your own money laticsmarra or your managing someone else’s interests. 

Yes it is Adam,but you have to divorce your emotional financial interest from what you know motivates and encourages the staff that work for you. Name me an owner that has intervened successfully in the management of a dressing room.

2 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Yes it is Adam,but you have to divorce your emotional financial interest from what you know motivates and encourages the staff that work for you. Name me an owner that has intervened successfully in the management of a dressing room.

Dave pace

33 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Personally if I’d sunk 3.5 million in and we were looking like going down I’d pitch a tent up in the dressing room!

Problem with that is it gives weak players an excuse, football is all about small margins and a couple of smacked arses in the dressing room whose favourite pastime is bitching and feeling sorry for themselves can soon have a poisonous effect on team moral especially when they are managed by a man with an excuse for any occasion. 

This recent uproar from ex-players regarding AL’s conduct just proves how detached footballers are from the real world.

If I was tasked to do a job but failing then I’d expect more than a dressing down from my bosses.  Disciplinary action maybe, possibly the sack.  Granted they’ve been paid late but footballers hide behind a contract with guaranteed income regardless of how they perform.

As others have said, the owner has invested millions.  Seeing his team, after all that money spent, sliding into relegation and some players not putting up a fight then I’d be slagging them off.  Footballers have had their arses kissed for too long so doesn’t surprise that they complain when someone stands up to them...surprises me even less that the footballing fraternity are quick to like the posts too.  

Also makes me laugh people complaining that he’s signed another overseas player. Let’s see them play at least 5 games before making judgement eh?   Most of our English stock proved they didn’t have the fight to stay in L1 so perhaps some of ALs signings may.  Would he intentionally risk the future of the club and his investment just to get some French lads to play for us?  

Id rather wait to see where in the table we are come Christmas before pressing the panic button 

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

This recent uproar from ex-players regarding AL’s conduct just proves how detached footballers are from the real world.

If I was tasked to do a job but failing then I’d expect more than a dressing down from my bosses.  Disciplinary action maybe, possibly the sack.  Granted they’ve been paid late but footballers hide behind a contract with guaranteed income regardless of how they perform.

As others have said, the owner has invested millions.  Seeing his team, after all that money spent, sliding into relegation and some players not putting up a fight then I’d be slagging them off.  Footballers have had their arses kissed for too long so doesn’t surprise that they complain when someone stands up to them...surprises me even less that the footballing fraternity are quick to like the posts too.  

Also makes me laugh people complaining that he’s signed another overseas player. Let’s see them play at least 5 games before making judgement eh?   Most of our English stock proved they didn’t have the fight to stay in L1 so perhaps some of ALs signings may.  Would he intentionally risk the future of the club and his investment just to get some French lads to play for us?  

Id rather wait to see where in the table we are come Christmas before pressing the panic button 

If we are pressing panic buttons this Christmas then the club is terminally fucked beyond repair so let's hope he sees sense before that.

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Unfortunately success and failure in football  are more volatile than in many other walks of life where working patterns are more controlled and less volatile. So what are you saying players are going onto the pitch deliberately not to give 100%?  If so who were they and in what games ? We can't wait till Christmas as was proved last year.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If we are pressing panic buttons this Christmas then the club is terminally fucked beyond repair so let's hope he sees sense before that.

Well I don’t think we will be.  Too many on here scarred by Corney’s tenture and permanently negative as a result.  Posts from bitter ex-players or players that don’t like being told a few home truths doesn’t influence me.  

Trust members are closer to this and are privy to ALs plans, the debt situation etc so if they’ve been assured all is well then I’ll accept that too.

7 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Unfortunately success and failure in football  are more volatile than in many other walks of life where working patterns are more controlled and less volatile. So what are you saying players are going onto the pitch deliberately not to give 100%?  If so who were they and in what games ? We can't wait till Christmas as was proved last year.

I’m not saying they’re intentionally not giving 100% but they’re not achieving what they’re paid to do.  The goal return from some was disappointing.  Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise that a certain player who failed to get a move in January didn’t show the same form from earlier in the season - 10 before January, 4 afterwards.

Also at a Christmas wasn’t we in a safe position and then we dropped like a stone?

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Nothing new there then with the post Xmas hoodoo.Seems we are jinxed  post Xmas.Needs sorting out.

We need to get Joe Royle to don his cup final suit and have a piss on  all four corners of the pitch with a picture of Roger Palmer in his top pocket whilst on the phone to Andy Ritchie.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

We need to get Joe Royle to don his cup final suit and have a piss on  all four corners of the pitch with a picture of Roger Palmer in his top pocket whilst on the phone to Andy Ritchie.

With Andy Barlow eating a pudding on a muffin 

Tricky Ricky having some beers

Neil Redfearn being cool as a cucumber 

and

the ground being full to bursting for the last match

?⚽️☀️

19 hours ago, kev1969 said:

Well they have still not paid the wife for the last five games of last season even though keep getting told they will. They then have the audacity to ask if she want to work next season  for them you can imagine what the reply was.Wonder how many of the staff that only work match days have not been paid?

Small Claims Court mate, you can issue instruction online under HMCS for about £40

On 14/07/2018 at 1:44 PM, stevesidg said:

With Andy Barlow eating a pudding on a muffin 

Tricky Ricky having some beers

Neil Redfearn being cool as a cucumber 

and

the ground being full to bursting for the last match

?⚽️☀️

There shud be a pudding on a muffin buried behind each goal line inside the area of the netting.

24 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I am more worried about him not changing his Twitter username yet :huh:

Only just noticed this and been following him for a good few years.

Thanks for the heads up! Must unfollow in case the missus sees it and thinks I’ve turned.

Did this ‘substantial’ amount of money ever come through from Dubai?

I know we got relegated but this funding was alluded to after relegation.

We’ve also since trimmed the squad with Davies, Holloway etc moving out and saving their wages plus received undisclosed amounts in return.

We need two decent strikers at very least ... is deadline August 4th?

Archived