Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singe said:

No idea where you have a clue about my mindset or that I accept mediocrity from my post. You are projecting your believed superiority.

We should have been safe long before, the issue was that Wellens turned out to be a poor manager.

I like you Singe wasn’t a pop at you 

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Your constant moaning is frustrating for the rest of us. 

What? Just because i’m not in with the circle jerk lads about 1990 or ranting and raving about a 6th division french amateur who managed to bag against some local postmen doesn’t mean i’m being overly pessimistic. The whole ‘let’s wait until end of august until we get a striker we’ll be reyt’ is what is incredibly frustrating and if the management have the same mindset I really do not have high hopes for this season.

12 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I like you Singe wasn’t a pop at you 

Well cheers!
I don't think we deserve to be at this level or Lower L1 for that matter, but I think it is only to be expected after a couple of decades starved of investment. I think investment could really propel us up. It does not appear that any investment will reach us soon though, so my hopes are high that FB can do a Joe Royle and make a silk purse out of a sow ear, but my expectation is that we won't be competing. Like you I suspect, I'm frustrated we can't just kick on a little, it would not take much. I don think poo decisions on staff and player recruitment have held us back.  Look at how many players we've had in the last 20 odd years. Better to sign proven quality that take a chance.

16 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What? Just because i’m not in with the circle jerk lads about 1990 or ranting and raving about a 6th division french amateur who managed to bag against some local postmen doesn’t mean i’m being overly pessimistic. The whole ‘let’s wait until end of august until we get a striker we’ll be reyt’ is what is incredibly frustrating and if the management have the same mindset I really do not have high hopes for this season.

You really do love generalising and putting words in people mouths don’t you. 

Just now, welshgaz said:

Rumours circulating that our creative, game changing playmaker Jack Byrne has been suspended.

To think that lad got a 2.5 year deal on the back of a successful loan spell them didn't turn up after that. 

What for? Being a bad tempered I’ll disciplined  little shit or trying to maim a team mate? 

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I would suggest you support one of the big boys in Manchester because you are kidding yourself.

I've supported us for over 40 yrs and can guarantee mediocrity is part and parcel of being a latics fan.

We've had good times yes, and it was great but success will be few and far between. Accept it, enjoy being an Oldham fan and what it brings.

It’s all hopes and dreams

And despair ? 

Don't think he has bought into this "work ethic" thing the new regime are trying to instill. Seems as if everyone who knew/worked with him are being proved correct. Still can't believe he tackled Fane, more likely tripped him up in the shower. What a waste of talent.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Well cheers!
I don't think we deserve to be at this level or Lower L1 for that matter, but I think it is only to be expected after a couple of decades starved of investment. I think investment could really propel us up. It does not appear that any investment will reach us soon though, so my hopes are high that FB can do a Joe Royle and make a silk purse out of a sow ear, but my expectation is that we won't be competing. Like you I suspect, I'm frustrated we can't just kick on a little, it would not take much. I don think poo decisions on staff and player recruitment have held us back.  Look at how many players we've had in the last 20 odd years. Better to sign proven quality that take a chance.

Now come on, Singe. It can indeed be said that the team served up a pile of sh*te last season, but no need to bring bowel movements into your usually perceptive comments!

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

Now come on, Singe. It can indeed be said that the team served up a pile of sh*te last season, but no need to bring bowel movements into your usually perceptive comments!

Freudian!

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Jack Byrnes added his comment.

Him, Gerrard and Luke Media just followed each other, yesterday.

Fucking cringe this group of players, absolute car crash of a group.

Suppose he will think he's enhancing his future prospects going forward when in reality other clubs won't touch him with a barge pole, Ill advised a fucking childish spring to mind.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucking cringe this group of players, absolute car crash of a group.

Suppose he will think he's enhancing his future prospects going forward when in reality other clubs won't touch him with a barge pole, Ill advised a fucking childish spring to mind.

Banana rating? 

21 minutes ago, singe said:

Jack Byrnes added his comment.

Him, Gerrard and Luke Media just followed each other, yesterday.

Is Luke still with the club? It popped up on my feed that he'd liked the tweet but it's now disappeared.

1 minute ago, longtimeblue said:

What's he said?

He used the medium of emojis 20 minutes into our match to possibly convey his opinion that we are clowns presiding over a circus and he thinks it is funny.

It could also be conpletely unrelated to us.

Archived