Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucking cringe this group of players, absolute car crash of a group.

Suppose he will think he's enhancing his future prospects going forward when in reality other clubs won't touch him with a barge pole, Ill advised a fucking childish spring to mind.

Agree with this.

I have no doubt that the running of the club has been shambolic in recent times, but no player that's making light of the situation will make themselves look any better.

Byrne is talented and if we built a team around him to get the most out of that talent we'd probably be up near the top of this league.  However I'm coming around to the notion that we'd do better getting the bad apples out of the club and building the squad around less talented but more reliable players with the right attitude.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Agree with this.

I have no doubt that the running of the club has been shambolic in recent times, but no player that's making light of the situation will make themselves look any better.

Byrne is talented and if we built a team around him to get the most out of that talent we'd probably be up near the top of this league.  However I'm coming around to the notion that we'd do better getting the bad apples out of the club and building the squad around less talented but more reliable players with the right attitude.

We just build it around the other (better imo) JB. Job done. League walked. Easy. 

21 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

He used the medium of emojis 20 minutes into our match to possibly convey his opinion that we are clowns presiding over a circus and he thinks it is funny.

It could also be conpletely unrelated to us.

3rd reference to the word clown/circus. Started with gerrard saying the next manager will pull flowers out of a hat, then davies now bryne

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

Banana rating? 

This always gets brought up as a bad thing. To me, it showed we had some togetherness and spirit in the team - that’s what can get you results against bigger teams and a cup run. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

We'll get an early indicator of the calibre of Frankie Bunn if he can keep the squad focused on the football and away front he off the field stuff. Unlike his predecessor. 

Did well today despite the off the field news.

24 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

This always gets brought up as a bad thing. To me, it showed we had some togetherness and spirit in the team - that’s what can get you results against bigger teams and a cup run. 

As today beating Girona.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

He used the medium of emojis 20 minutes into our match to possibly convey his opinion that we are clowns presiding over a circus and he thinks it is funny.

It could also be conpletely unrelated to us.

Maybe, as a player, he knows more about the situation than us mere fans. And maybe, after Keenan’s tweet, he might be bang on the money. 

Think we we should consider that before we create our next on field pariah. 

43 minutes ago, latics22 said:

You have to think wellens must be responsible for some of this, the players are toxic! Obviously don’t give two shits about the club or the fans. He obviously let them run a mock!

Was laughed at, but I did suggest it was too matey, I notice the players call FB 'gaffer' so maybe there's a bit more discipline.

It seems that way to me anyway with the togetherness in the friendlies.

22 minutes ago, al_bro said:

A lot of the problems we have had recently may well be solved by appointing an experienced CEO to replace Moisley. This person may help AL run the club better.

Doubt it's top of the priority list.

54 minutes ago, BlueJazzer said:

Maybe, as a player, he knows more about the situation than us mere fans. And maybe, after Keenan’s tweet, he might be bang on the money. 

Think we we should consider that before we create our next on field pariah. 

I love Jack Byrne. He knows it, I’ve told him. Don’t be comin at me with your fancy words.

Pretty sure it hasn’t been officially announced yet but it seems ticket prices have been slashed for 2018/19 having just taken a look at the website for the MK Dons game. I’m assuming there will be a slight (£2?) increase on the day but it’s still much better value than last season. There’s a new under 21 category - didn’t non-students over the age 18 have to pay £24 on the gate last year? That’s a massive saving. 

Fair play to Abdallah (no I haven’t been hacked :lol:). 

4F42C09E-FAA3-482F-B573-FB87606718C7.png

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Pretty sure it hasn’t been officially announced yet but it seems ticket prices have been slashed for 2018/19 having just taken a look at the website for the MK Dons game. I’m assuming there will be a slight (£2?) increase on the day but it’s still much better value than last season. There’s a new under 21 category - didn’t non-students over the age 18 have to pay £24 on the gate last year? That’s a massive saving. 

Hi Ryan. Joining the Trust means that early bird match day ticket prices are honoured on the day of the match itself.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wasn't there rumours of a couple of big money investors joining the board a few months ago?

There was but  as far as I am aware no announcements yet of who they are and any meeting dates set.

your new Trust rep has to officially accepted by the board of OAFC and registered at Companies house too.

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

There was but  as far as I am aware no announcements yet of who they are and any meeting dates set.

your new Trust rep has to officially accepted by the board of OAFC and registered at Companies house too.

So we don't have a trust rep now.There aren't that many on the board to sign a resolution. Registering at Companies House is done online and takes 2 minutes. In the meantime our ex trust rep has resigned from the board,taken up a job at the club and has now left the club. Do the trust know whether he left because he didn't like the job or was sacked?

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

So we don't have a trust rep now.There aren't that many on the board to sign a resolution. Registering at Companies House is done online and takes 2 minutes. In the meantime our ex trust rep has resigned from the board,taken up a job at the club and has now left the club. Do the trust know whether he left because he didn't like the job or was sacked?

They don’t call call him Donald sir sugar for nothing ???

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Instead of it almost being a secret why don't the club print flyers and have them distributed to schools and colleges in Oldham and the surrounding districts and stick some up in major stores notice boards? (most let you do this free with permission).

Archived