Jump to content
OWTB Forums
opinions4u

Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

 

 

Affordable tickets/food/drink, safe standing areas, accessibility to club and players, children's kits that don't cost ridiculous amounts... should all be achievable stuff.

 

As should a winning team more importantly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

 

I want Lemsagam to do it well, make profit from it and invest some of that profit back into the team...

 

....I think we're in complete agreement here Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Exactly. So, if you "buy" a football club without the things that should be 'a given'.... and your motivations for doing so are well intentioned.... there isn't really an excuse for not having a Plan to create them..... assuming you are of sound business mind.

 

He's been in charge for nearly a year now.... he's had plenty of time to work this out..... I'd like to hear about his Plans.

What if the plans didn't meet your expectations? Would you just accept it for what it is or turn militant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

What if the plans didn't meet your expectations? Would you just accept it for what it is or turn militant?

 

I'd have no choice to accept it for what it is..... I wasn't calling for Plans & for the Trust to attempt to influence said Plans when Corney was in the hot seat [or the ripped seat], because it was fruitless. The man was interested in nothing but himself. The Trust were merely trying to safeguard our very existence, for which they had my complete support.

 

Like under Corney however, I'd reserve the right to call him [AL] useless and a waste of space....... but I'd still be turning up when I could to support my club/team.

 

The reason why I think we should be pushing [via the Trust] for him [AL] to develop Plans now, is we'll get no better chance to do so while his passion, energy and commitment [if you take him at his word] is at it's peak. He won't be able to maintain it forever....

 

...in many regards, if he devised a Plan - within his own personal budget restrictions - that I didn't wholeheartedly agree with [such as plunder the French 4th and 5th divisions in greater number], that would still at least be a Plan. We had no Plans under Corney.

 

But, if he [AL] is any good, one might hope he will see many of things that we also see.... and our ideas on Plans won't be diametrically opposed.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

I'd have no choice to accept it for what it is..... I wasn't calling for Plans & for the Trust to attempt to influence said Plans when Corney was in the hot seat [or the ripped seat], because it was fruitless. The man was interested in nothing but himself. The Trust were merely trying to safeguard our very existence, for which they had my complete support.

 

Like under Corney however, I'd reserve the right to call him [AL] useless and a waste of space....... but I'd still be turning up when I could to support my club/team.

 

The reason why I think we should be pushing [via the Trust] for him [AL] to develop Plans now, is we'll get no better chance to do so while his passion, energy and commitment [if you take him at his word] is at it's peak. He won't be able to maintain it forever....

 

...in many regards, if he devised a Plan - within his own personal budget restrictions - that I didn't wholeheartedly agree with [such as plunder the French 4th and 5th divisions in greater number], that would still at least be a Plan. We had no Plans under Corney.

 

But, if he's [AL] is any good, one might hope he will see many of things that we also see and those Plans won't diametrically opposed.

Get the feeling he'd rather waste time watching training and pissing everyone off than devise some sort of plan, I suppose slowly slowly stems from having less time to do anything because he's butting his nose in all the time rather than concentrating on his own job in hand, if he's paying the bills that's his perogative but surely the aim should be to lower the amount he's chipping in with by doing things properly commercially but I think he's yet to grasp that.

 

How many football chairman do we reckon are regulars at training sessions, my guess is one - ours. Great if the teams doing well but a ready made excuse for everyone when they are not.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Get the feeling he'd rather waste time watching training and pissing everyone off than devise some sort of plan, I suppose slowly slowly stems from having less time to do anything because he's butting his nose in all the time rather than concentrating on his own job in hand, if he's paying the bills that's his perogative but surely the aim should be to lower the amount he's chipping in with by doing things properly commercially but I think he's yet to grasp that.

 

 

Yep..... and by having lost so many support / back office staff, he's not got many people to delegate some of the research and business case building to.....

 

....I don't mind a Chairman / CEO who is hands on..... but one who interferes & doesn't enthuse or empower others to influence decision making is destined to struggle. From what I know of business culture in Dubai, leaders can be very dictatorial and authoritarian. I think he's gonna have to learn a different style in England.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So you saying a bad dea....Plan is better than no Plan?

 

I gave you the benefit of doubt by responding respectfully... but I guess I shoulda known. A bad Plan and no Plan are both bad.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have formulated a plan that could be used to dramatically increase attendances year upon year.

The beauty of my plan is that it really is not at all complicated and will work through Leagues 2, 1 and the Championship but may need tweaking a little for the Premier.

Basically it revolves around replacing all the shite players in our current squad and building a whole new team of decent ones around Danny G.

I believe that by keeping Danny to orchestrate events on the pitch we will have a talisman who can now add promotions to his CV as well as the existing relegations.

An added bonus is that Kowenicki would be beside himself with rage every single week !

A word of caution though,none of the above will ever be achieved using third rate pretend Frenchies.

Here's to a brighter future :chubb:

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

 

There's a car I've seen waiting to pick people up outside the gates of the car park after games. In the back window, there's a city sticker on one side and an Oldham one on the other. A sorry sign of the times. 

One sibling could be Latics & the other City? I had this as my sister was Liverpool, used to pull her hair regularly because of it. Now she’s City...we don’t speak anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If only it was that simple, of course there is a space there but because of who owns it we would see little or anything from renting the space particularly if TTA have their finger in the pie. Tented fan zone would be the best option or even tent/cover the back of the JF and provide a space to socialise for fans if that's what they want.

Wouldn't a tented fan zone have to pay Brass Bank (TTA) to use the land? The best plan is to buy the land from Brass Bank and the JR stand from the OEC. Then anything can be achieved.

Edited by al_bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

One sibling could be Latics & the other City? I had this as my sister was Liverpool, used to pull her hair regularly because of it. Now she’s City...we don’t speak anymore. 

 

That's what I always hoped. There's definitely a new generation who 'support' us and either City or United though. Always makes me feel uneasy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

 

 

How many football chairman do we reckon are regulars at training sessions, my guess is one - ours.

 

You have to be kidding!  If I plunged several million quid into a club I'd feel perfectly entitled to pop along and see what my key employees were up to pretty frequently and with no knowledge whatsoever I'm damn sure that plenty of owners do just that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Wouldn't a tented fan zone have to pay Brass Bank (TTA) to use the land? The best plan is to buy the land from Brass Bank and the JR stand from the OEC. Then anything can be achieved.

Good luck with that one, be cheaper to build a new one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, longtimeblue said:

 

That's what I always hoped. There's definitely a new generation who 'support' us and either City or United though. Always makes me feel uneasy. 

Yes me too. I travel all over the country with work and I’ve been asked many times who I support. When Oldham is the reply I’ve then been asked several times, ‘no who’s your premier league team?’ My usual two word answer ending in off doesn’t always go down too well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

 

You have to be kidding!  If I plunged several million quid into a club I'd feel perfectly entitled to pop along and see what my key employees were up to pretty frequently and with no knowledge whatsoever I'm damn sure that plenty of owners do just that.

Can't see most managers being happy with the chairman sitting on their shoulder, I suppose there is popping along and there's being a hindrance, not sure which category our chairman falls into. 

 

What I will say though is when a clubs being run as bad as ours with no apparent vision other than wing it - slowly slowly some may question the time he spends wasted on the training ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

With respect to the Trust, I want Lemsagam to fund these ideas..... not the Trust.

I wasn't clear, on my lunch and rushing.  We are looking at ways to do this without using the Trust kitty to fund it - cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't see most managers being happy with the chairman sitting on their shoulder, I suppose there is popping along and there's being a hindrance, not sure which category our chairman falls into. 

 

 

 

But plenty are wiling to put him in the negative category with no evidence.  It's his business, his money at stake and I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to know what's going on.  What if he never turned up and it turned out they were all drinking, smoking and playing cards?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

 

But plenty are wiling to put him in the negative category with no evidence.  It's his business, his money at stake and I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to know what's going on.  What if he never turned up and it turned out they were all drinking, smoking and playing cards?

I get what your saying but since Shez walked it's been muted that he's a bit too hands on, he can do what he wants it's his money and to be fair we seemed to have improved since he's been back in the country but I'm not sure everyone enjoys the big boss constantly on the shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't see most managers being happy with the chairman sitting on their shoulder, I suppose there is popping along and there's being a hindrance, not sure which category our chairman falls into. 

 

What I will say though is when a clubs being run as bad as ours with no apparent vision other than wing it - slowly slowly some may question the time he spends wasted on the training ground.

How much time does he spend at the training ground before you decide if said time is spent usefully or wastefully?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Wouldn't a tented fan zone have to pay Brass Bank (TTA) to use the land? The best plan is to buy the land from Brass Bank and the JR stand from the OEC. Then anything can be achieved.

£96m psqf or thereabouts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

How much time does he spend at the training ground before you decide if said time is spent usefully or wastefully?

Results since this photo was taken after Rhodes sacked!!!
P5 W3 D1 L1 F10 A7

5 prior!
P5 W2 D0 L3 F8 A7

😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, singe said:

Results since this photo was taken after Rhodes sacked!!!
P5 W3 D1 L1 F10 A7

5 prior!
P5 W2 D0 L3 F8 A7

😊

So are you saying the matey relationship of Bunn/Rhodes was not as good as Bunn/Wragg at coaching and AL made a good decision? Woof…..controversial!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×