Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Eh? Take Bolton as the example..... they have income  (Premier League solidarity payments / TV money / gate receipts) that Anderson is controlling, such as paying himself £575k, whereas he’s alleged not to have paid his players or met his financial/contractual obligations to Doidge/FGR. If proven, the EFL step in and ensure the income/money is prioritised towards creditors before anymore commitments/agreements can be made. I guess it’s a form of administration?

Losing millions.  Their accountants wouldn’t even sign them off as a going concern. 

If it is just admin then let proper admins deal with it. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I dunno.... it would be interesting to find more detail on it from the EFL.... is it something the trust are aware of? I assume it would be some form of financial control to ensure employees & creditors are paid?

It might tie up with Al having to pay a "goodwill"  6 figure financial sum to the EFL to take over. Just in case fund maybe?

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Burton Albion’s annual wage bill is £8m. Think about that. Ours is about 1/4 of that. Burton. Kinell.

Wonder if they factor in Clough’s wages? I’d think he’d be on a fair wedge, especially comparatively.

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Apparently sky have got it wrong was quoted in a paper when they did it they had a budget of 3 mill

Burton’s chairman was on Radio 4 this morning and said they pay their players £2.5k per week on average, so £3m sounds about right.

13 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Apparently sky have got it wrong was quoted in a paper when they did it they had a budget of 3 mill

9 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Burton’s chairman was on Radio 4 this morning and said they pay their players £2.5k per week on average, so £3m sounds about right.

It’s still more than ours. Fookin Burton.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Keegan hammered Lemsagam for increasing the wage bill.

He wouldn't have hammered him if he had/has the personal wealth to pay for it..... but he saddled us with £11k a week for Menig and £4k a week for Maouche and then immediately cut the budget to below Corney levels afterwards..... demonstrating what a ludicrous thing it was to do in the first place, given his obvious lack of personal wealth.

8 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

He wouldn't have hammered him if he had/has the personal wealth to pay for it..... but he saddled us with £11k a week for Menig and £4k a week for Maouche and then immediately cut the budget to below Corney levels afterwards..... demonstrating what a ludicrous thing it was to do in the first place, given his obvious lack of personal wealth.

TBH....It was Corney who asked for Menig, Al technically should not have been putting any funds in our club prior to his takeover in January...but he was. Why Corney was asking for funding pre-sale is up for debate...financial flow? testing Al's pockets? Al's naivety maybe? the irony is that Corney was "out Corney'd" in the end.

personally, I don't think Al has heard the last of Corney or Corney's legacy. Don't forget we still have to hear back from the HMRC Raid in November 2017. 

7 hours ago, underdog said:

TBH....It was Corney who asked for Menig, Al technically should not have been putting any funds in our club prior to his takeover in January...but he was. Why Corney was asking for funding pre-sale is up for debate...financial flow? testing Al's pockets? Al's naivety maybe? the irony is that Corney was "out Corney'd" in the end.

personally, I don't think Al has heard the last of Corney or Corney's legacy. Don't forget we still have to hear back from the HMRC Raid in November 2017. 

Do we?  

25 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Have the questions been asked?  

Was it it an investigation into the club and is there a conclusion? Or are we assuming? 

Conclusion I hope is not too far away as HMRC has requested additional information.

I can't remember if it included the OEC too

Bearing in mind it was the club who announced the visit, I am hoping they do the same when we get the conclusion as well

On 1/9/2019 at 6:25 PM, lookersstandandy said:

I dunno.... it would be interesting to find more detail on it from the EFL.... is it something the trust are aware of? I assume it would be some form of financial control to ensure employees & creditors are paid?

I must admit I wasn't but when I contacted the EFL once on the Trust behalf ( I can't remember what for now...) but they advise me they only get involved when change of owners is on the table. Wonder if this is a recent change

29 minutes ago, underdog said:

Conclusion I hope is not too far away as HMRC has requested additional information.

I can't remember if it included the OEC too

Bearing in mind it was the club who announced the visit, I am hoping they do the same when we get the conclusion as well

Not so sure they “announced it”.  Didn’t they confirm it after stories in the media and in social media.

When did they request further info? 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Not so sure they “announced it”.  Didn’t they confirm it after stories in the media and in social media.

When did they request further info? 

I remember Si Brooke at the time, it was going to come out but could have been managed better than an announcement. This is after Corney accused him of ringing HMRC anyway as the raid happened when Si brooke was at the club that day.

Request for info? I can't remember off the top of my head but its recent, certainly in the last 3 months as my brain remembers it as close to the November original anniversary date

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

I remember Si Brooke at the time, it was going to come out but could have been managed better than an announcement. This is after Corney accused him of ringing HMRC anyway as the raid happened when Si brooke was at the club that day.

Request for info? I can't remember off the top of my head but its recent, certainly in the last 3 months as my brain remembers it as close to the November original anniversary date

Ta for the update. 

Archived