Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Markets have largely returned. They’ve lost out due to the effect of pound cost averaging. Bugger. 

Anyone care to explain this in layman's terms? I think I can guess but that's a guess. 

I'm aware of the irony involved here before anyone else comments. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Anyone care to explain this in layman's terms? I think I can guess but that's a guess. 

I'm aware of the irony involved here before anyone else comments. 

If you invest monthly as would naturally be the case in a pension then market falls can be advantageous to you as some investments will be made at a low point.  Over the latter stages of 2018 markets fell quite sharply so not being able to invest at that point would be disadvantageous now that they have bounced back,

20 hours ago, singe said:

As at 30 june 207, the Creditors stood at £9.3m, however it moved from a current liability less than a year to >1 year creditor. Strong suggestion a formal arrangement was made. Possibly as per the previous statements not going to be repaid until we reach the Premier League or some other arrangment

A debt from 1,812 years ago would have accumulated quite a bit of interest Singe.😞

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Markets have largely returned. They’ve lost out due to the effect of pound cost averaging. Bugger. 

The markets are back to decent highs but how long that lasts is any ones guess, I've stopped any more Investment until we have some clarity on how Brexit will pan out but it's a long term game of ups and downs, bull to bear and back again, safe in the knowledge that most money in circulation has at some stage gone through the London Stock Exchange.

Keep saving for your pension 👍

13 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The markets are back to decent highs but how long that lasts is any ones guess, I've stopped any more Investment until we have some clarity on how Brexit will pan out but it's a long term game of ups and downs, bull to bear and back again, safe in the knowledge that most money in circulation has at some stage gone through the London Stock Exchange.

Keep saving for your pension 👍

It’s more US interest rates and China v US than Brexit.  Far more actually. 

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It’s more US interest rates and China v US than Brexit.  Far more actually. 

Indeed.  The UK is about 8% of quoted markets and a lot of that is in companies whose connection to the UK is nominal

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

In Dec or Jan? That wasn’t because of Brexit. 

According to BBC and all TV news it's always because of Brexit, and then at the end of the report they grudgingly admit very briefly that Brexit isn't the only reason. Like the Jaguar, Land Rover debacle. Very few diesel cars are being bought now, yet that's the majority of cars they were  making, plus the Chinese aren't spending as much as they were. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

In Dec or Jan? That wasn’t because of Brexit. 

I'm talking about the day leave was announced, we've had an eleven year Bull market and there's going to be a massive correction soon.

losses and gains of 2 to 3k a day are the norm when you have large Investments but the uncertainty over Brexit has been far more damaging and I've been trading some of my stocks for thirty years.

26 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

FFS. Politics again ? Amd on matchday ? Have a day off fellas. Please. 

Simply answering a question put infront of me, back to the main issue like you said

Latics win by 4-1

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If you invest monthly as would naturally be the case in a pension then market falls can be advantageous to you as some investments will be made at a low point.  Over the latter stages of 2018 markets fell quite sharply so not being able to invest at that point would be disadvantageous now that they have bounced back,

Cheers (You would have gotten an upboat as well but c'est la vie). 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Any share tips?

Plenty but that's dependant on your amount of exposure to risk and knowledge of when to bail out if required to do so, my advice at present would be to go into very low risk defensive stocks paying a solid divi (United utilities, National Grid, or GlaxoSmithKline but although a medium risk you can't do much better than BP) or just stay in cash until brexshit has run its course.

That's where I'm at right now 👍

10 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Plenty but that's dependant on your amount of exposure to risk and knowledge of when to bail out if required to do so, my advice at present would be to go into very low risk defensive stocks paying a solid divi (United utilities, National Grid, or GlaxoSmithKline but although a medium risk you can't do much better than BP) or just stay in cash until brexshit has run its course.

That's where I'm at right now 👍

I'll do that then. One of my mottos in life is that you can't do much better than BP.

Archived