Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

20 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Many supporters of Oldham Athletic, for numerous rational (& less rational) reasons, have a deep dislike of any & all things Man Utd. 

I find it bizarre that you find it bizarre how that sometimes manifests itself.  

I hate Man U, the club... mainly due to their fans. I mean, I really really hate them.  However,  I don’t hate individuals who happened to play for them in their past.

Your position...

Let me get this straight. You would hate a random bloke from Sheffield who supported Wednesday because he played for United who then came to Oldham

But... you would be indifferent to a massive Man U fan from Trafford (100% Manc) whose whole life is Man U but wasn’t good enough to play for them who also then came to Oldham? 

Thats pretty stupid. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Are you seriously comparing Wellens, who was a kid with them, and Gardner, whose link I'm unaware of with one of their longest serving players of all time who was complicit in much of their cheating and general cuntery? 

What about Ritchie then, played - supports and still works for them.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I hate Man U, the club... mainly due to their fans. I mean, I really really hate them.  However,  I don’t hate individuals who happened to play for them in their past.

Your position...

Let me get this straight. You would hate a random bloke from Sheffield who supported Wednesday because he played for United who then came to Oldham

But... you would be indifferent to a massive Man U fan from Trafford (100% Manc) whose whole life is Man U but wasn’t good enough to play for them who also then came to Oldham? 

Thats pretty stupid. 

Yes, it seems so. 

What has  any of it got to do with me? 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Well, yes. Appointing a manager should probably have a bearing on any season he remains appointed......?

What Pete Wild "momentum"? He did great thrown in as he was but we'd lost 3 in a row before Crawley...

I'd forgiven him the previous defeats at M.K and Doncaster in the cup because of the way we were cheated out of both results but I'd still say the club had the momentum of going in the right direction thanks to P.W

Scholes has taken over a team in far better shape than at any stage of this season.

15 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I'd forgiven him the previous defeats at M.K and Doncaster in the cup because of the way we were cheated out of both results but I'd still say the club had the momentum of going in the right direction thanks to P.W

Scholes has taken over a team in far better shape than at any stage of this season.

Something which he acknowledged saying normally a manager comes in and has to raise morale but he didn't the team was positive thanks to PW too. (not having a go, supporting you) 

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Something which he acknowledged saying normally a manager comes in and has to raise morale but he didn't the team was positive thanks to PW. 

I was trying to explain this to Harry but he thought otherwise 

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

It's almost as though having such an irrational hatred for all things Man U means it earns you more 'top blue' points.

Genuinely couldn't give a shit about Man U they are just another club to me.

I would understand any grief if it was Paul Ince or even Mark Robbins he played against us at a time when we could legitimately class ourselves as A rival.

Scholes never played against us is a local lad with an affection to the club. It's different in fact it's a massive coup.

Last time I got grief for the football club I supported from Man U fans was school I would have to be a pretty bitter and sad individual if I still carried that around with me.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Scholes never played against us is a local lad with an affection to the club. It's different in fact it's a massive coup.

Indeed.  His United debut was in the season after we went down from the PL.

Archived