Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We were doing so well up until the start of august actually looking like a proper football club. Yet with a certain level of inevitabity this appears to have gone to shit spectacularly.

A proper club with 20 players and no goalkeeper.

We were looking alright in May/start of June when a couple of players were signed early. After that...it's been yet more Corney magic!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Maybe your (& many others) expectation of what they can achieve with their token 3% is unrealistic. 

It's akin to when people were up in arms about the Lib Dems not scrapping tuition fees through their position as very junior partners in a coalition. 

They chipped away, got a few concessions here & there and provided a bit more accountability than there would have been without them. 

That's how I see the Trust. 

If i owned 3% of a something and there was talk of the rest being sold off.. I'd expect to know before its made public knowledgr. 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yeah, I'll give you that :lol:

I have a lot of respect for the trust and we all know they have the clubs best interest at heart. I'd even do more with them if i had time. I did say that what has happened in terms of breakdown is probably down to corney and not them. 

In terms of the trust statement... I think i'd have been inclined to publicly question why information like this is not be passed to them. 

5 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

So in which world does 9000 plus 10000 not exceed 1000?

How is an aside comment distinguished from a comment?

Because you are incorrectly assuming I said the Chron was not bigger, I just gave the data to show it was not as high as some people might think. My point being the Chron is not as influential as some think.

FWIW my view is The Trust should publish it on their website first (which they have done) and do a press release for all to pick up. OWTB is known as the largest fan viewed page and many get their info from here, so logical that information flow this way too, but there is no obligation to OWTB. But the Chron should not be the first option any more than OWTB should be.

I have praised Tracey for her regular updating even though it iis in a personal capacity.

Not sure what your issue is be honest, but there was no need for the naive comment.

Just now, singe said:

Because you are incorrectly assuming I said the Chron was not bigger, I just gave the data to show it was not as high as some people might think. My point being the Chron is not as influential as some think.

Not sure what your issue is be honest, but there was no need for the naive comment.

All newspapers, thankfully, are becomming less influential by the day but their content becomes available directly or indirectly online to a wider audience.

Naive was in respect of your persistent praise in respect of this new 'investment' or rather your criticism of posters who prefer 'the boy who cried wolf' analagy.

We have all been there before. North Stand/Stadium Sponsorship/OEC Ltd etc. Look on the pitch and then start to judge.

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why? Matters would be exactly the same wouldn't they? 

I don't get this perceived wisdom (on here & Twitter) that the long running shitshow will become an even worse shitshow just because this investment doesn't come off. 

In that case...you're right...let's forget for a second that we have a possible new investor in the wings...

Saturday...11 players plus 3 subs...the shitshow is worse regardless of Mr Legasam happening or not....

19 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

I have a lot of respect for the trust and we all know they have the clubs best interest at heart. I'd even do more with them if i had time. I did say that what has happened in terms of breakdown is probably down to corney and not them. 

In terms of the trust statement... I think i'd have been inclined to publicly question why information like this is not be passed to them. 

Probably the same reason as when the Scoreboard money was used to facilitate flashing new LED perimeter boards behind the Trusts back. Coz Corney will do what he wants so fuck all the rest! 

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

In that case...you're right...let's forget for a second that we have a possible new investor in the wings...

Saturday...11 players plus 3 subs...the shitshow is worse regardless of Mr Legasam happening or not....

True but the 3 subs element of the wider shitshow surely had an element of being because of all that's going on (or not going on)...

Just now, OldHallam said:

Confused by the way people are hanging on words of Nixon.

• He has a protected twitter account, pretty rare for any journos.
  • Follows Ibby which in itself is an odd choice when only following 70+ with a claimed 50k following and "in the know" 
  • Who knows what papers he writes for? Is it stuff aquired via agents. 

Begs question if he is genuine and  in the know who is feeding him any info? why? and what motives? How does it help OAFC? If you read his posts carefully its churned stuff from twitter, facebook with little tasters that are in public domain. 

It doesnt add up in my opinion.Could be wrong but like a few more have doubts.  

Fucking hell :lol:

He's just a journalist for The Sun (I think) who also passes on masses of info via his Twitter account much of it stating x club is "trying" to sign x player but x is the problem. Some of it ends up happening, some of it doesn't.

He's also the only football journalist I know of who seems to have a knowledge, not to mention appreciation, of all leagues rather than just the top flight. 

He pretty much always responds to tweets and has a bit of a laugh along the way. 

My god mate, read back what you've posted and go and have a lie down :lol:

36 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

All newspapers, thankfully, are becomming less influential by the day but their content becomes available directly or indirectly online to a wider audience.

Naive was in respect of your persistent praise in respect of this new 'investment' or rather your criticism of posters who prefer 'the boy who cried wolf' analagy.

We have all been there before. North Stand/Stadium Sponsorship/OEC Ltd etc. Look on the pitch and then start to judge.

I'm sureyou are confusing me with someone else.

I have not praised this new investment unequivocally. I've said several times Corney is taking a risky route announcing it before it's signed. And insane if it never existed and is a diversion.

I've said I more than likely expect it to fall through.

I've said we should be cautious, but it is not his usual Modus Operandi.

My main criticism is of those making stuff up, speculating or guessing or relying on Alan Nixon or Greatest786 as gospel.

None of which is aimed at you, because you invariably post the facts, especially financially.

I certaintly don't see SC as some demi-god, but also not the devil incarnate. Happy to criticise when the facts support it.

If this investment doesn't materialise, though we may sign Byrne for tonight, then he deserves the shitstorm coming his way. It may tip the balance to a full on campaign to oust him.

EDIT. Just seen a couple of posts about the LED money being used behind the Trusts back and not informing the Trust of take over. Both are indefensible actions, not have I  ever defended them unequivocally. Personally, I didn't have a problem using the money for LED instead of a scoreboard, but NOT without Trust and the supporters that inputted agreement.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Why? Matters would be exactly the same wouldn't they? 

I don't get this perceived wisdom (on here & Twitter) that the long running shitshow will become an even worse shitshow just because this investment doesn't come off. 

Maybe within the club but I feel this will cause a bigger fan protest campaign / negativity backlash than we have seen for a while.

Please nobody hold your breath too long. It seems very strange to me (and of course everyone else too), given the regulations, that an agent apparently has a key role. Given how tedious the due diligence and deal closing must for the ownership, control and payback structures they seem to have for this business then I'm really surprised that Simon Corney did that video statement (sorry, interview). I will be impressed if they close a deal soon enough to affect our deadline signings and, if so, they must have already been just about at signature stage, so why not just wait until it's done? Simon Corney looks exhausted and is, presumably, desperate. Very desperate I would say. The chances of getting a good deal over the line in a few short days are about the same as 40% of our squad being injured in training and warm up. Whatever the hell is going on it is very strange and we can't guess what it is. Obviously we all love the club but I think we are just chasing our own tails here. We are pouncing on each other's comments, doing deep analyses of the reliability of the Twitterati and what it could all possibly mean for life on this planet, haggling over our own quibbles and generally using up energy to piss on each other. Let's take a deep breath and wait to see (a) what team is put out tonight and (b) what happens by the deadline. It's not long to wait. 

23 minutes ago, OldHallam said:
  • Follows Ibby which in itself is an odd choice when only following 70+ with a claimed 50k following and "in the know" 

He probably follows Ibby for his own entertainment.

If you've no affiliation with the club the guy must be very enteratining.

In the last couple of weeks, aamongst other things, he's told us:

Martin Lee was hiding in an executive box at Walsall plotting Sheridan's sacking.

Shez's departure was due to be confirmed the following day.

Then Martin Lee dissapeared and Abdallah arrived to buy the club outright and wanted Sheridan out.

Abdallah was a frontman for Sheik Mansour

Corney needs to stay involved to protect other interests.

Then Henk ten Cate was coming in to be the new manager or Director of Football.

And last night Abdallah sacked Sheridan but didn't tell Corney he was doing it.

Being serious, I think Nixon gets a lot of his information from player agents, who always have their own agenda and their own reasons for passing information to him, which may or may not be true.

Archived