Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm sureyou are confusing me with someone else.

I have not praised this new investment unequivocally. I've said several times Corney is taking a risky route announcing it before it's signed. And insane if it never existed and is a diversion.

I've said I more than likely expect it to fall through.

I've said we should be cautious, but it is not his usual Modus Operandi.

None of which is aimed at you, because you invariably post the facts, especially financially.

You replied to my post on a different thread with a comment about not speculating.

I didnt speculate, I simply said that I dont believe it will come to anything substantial at this point in time.

Why not? History. It never does.

2 hours ago, singe said:

Folks, we all know that there is no investor (not a serious one). It's a typical week for latics and if one ignores the rumours (as one should) then very little out of the ordinary has happened:

- we got beat

- we have a woefully inadequate squad

- our owner made a desperate attempt to give the fans some hope with a bullshit statement reminiscent of what was stated during the early days of the SD deal.

Thats the long and short of it. Everything else is unsubstantiated speculation and clearly bollox.

why do people think there is 'something going on' I see very little evidence of that 

be honest, you agree don't you. 

6 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Folks, we all know that there is no investor (not a serious one). It's a typical week for latics and if one ignores the rumours (as one should) then very little out of the ordinary has happened:

- we got beat

- we have a woefully inadequate squad

- our owner made a desperate attempt to give the fans some hope with a bullshit statement reminiscent of what was stated during the early days of the SD deal.

Thats the long and short of it. Everything else is unsubstantiated speculation and clearly bollox.

why do people think there is 'something going on' I see very little evidence of that 

be honest, you agree don't you. 

On the basis of what evidence do we "know"?

Surely the only people who "know" are Corney and his inner circle.......the rest of us are guessing based on his previous.

I'm leaning towards the Donald Rumsfeld quotation regarding all this investment talk:

"There are known knowns.

These are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns.

That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns.

There are things we don't know we don't know".

At some point in the distant future, Corney will come out and tell us there is a takeover and it comes to fruition

12 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

This investor talk is just another example of people taking what Simon Corney says literally.

I'm going to try "I have to be careful what I say here as you might take it literally" on my wife at some point when the situation warrants it...

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm going to try "I have to be careful what I say here as you might take it literally" on my wife at some point when the situation warrants it...

Definitely worth using it to preface any warning that you may be selling her to your mate Abdallah from Dubai.

13 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

On the basis of what evidence do we "know"?

Surely the only people who "know" are Corney and his inner circle.......the rest of us are guessing based on his previous.

I'm leaning towards the Donald Rumsfeld quotation regarding all this investment talk:

"There are known knowns.

These are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns.

That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.

But there are also unknown unknowns.

There are things we don't know we don't know".

At some point in the distant future, Corney will come out and tell us there is a takeover and it comes to fruition

Just been on a management course have we.

lets put it another way. No one really believes that there is an investor with the means and willingness to put the necessary cash in to make a difference do they?

as an 'unknown' i could be wrong. I very much doubt it though.

is that better? 

5 minutes ago, Andy b said:

lets put it another way. No one really believes that there is an investor with the means and willingness to put the necessary cash in to make a difference do they?

is that better? 

In other words we are as clueless off the field as on it?

Just now, Andy b said:

is that better? 

Still bollox.........your posts are stating facts when you are really putting out your opinion/guess.

Management course....noooo......just an apt quotation to reflect this "clusterf*ck"

The problem with all this is that we would have been better off not knowing.  After the statement/interview we all looked forward with hope.  If the next statement/interview tells us it fell through that hope will evaporate.  We would have another nail in the coffin.

It is the Chaos Theory in action.

19 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

If it does fall through I wonder who'll get the blame this time - Mike Keegan's been quiet about it so he's off the hook.

Corney will blame anybody he can apart from himself and the other 2 who pull the strings but never show their faces....

28 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

If it does fall through I wonder who'll get the blame this time - Mike Keegan's been quiet about it so he's off the hook.

My money is on the blame being placed squarely at the feet of those whovtgrew the smoke bombs on Saturday. Everything was going well and the money was in place but the prospect of a fine from the Football League made it no longer cost effective. Sadly they don't accept promises and the never never, the *******s want actual hard cash.

Archived