Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I thought the type of share the Trust holds prevents any liability?

For the other directors yes, but for the rep who sits on the OAFC board its different but there is a slight difference you are right at Board level as  they are only category B shares.

but we still have to have to look at Directors liability insurance for the person, better to be safe than sorry

28 minutes ago, underdog said:

Usually I'd say yes we would be asking for this date, however, we have pre-arranged something that needs to go ahead. Details of which will be announced soon.

We will be requesting an alternate date with Al.

Thanks

No problemo :chubb:

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

I thought the type of share the Trust holds prevents any liability?

Possibly.  I haven't heard that.  But is that for the Trust as shareholder, rather than the OAFC director, who happens to be there because of the agreement with the Trust?

19 hours ago, underdog said:

I am trying to be as honest as I can and saying no not everything is rosey...it never is for any of the Trust team. We wanted to focus on so much positive stuff...fans stuff like events, pre/post match fans bar....relaunching latics4life, give playershare, launch the membership scheme,  former players events. but we were upto last week, low on numbers again and then we have a new owner 12 months into his tenure.....

Corney and Al are different personalities with different views on business....their business. Demand answers....accountability and all...in an ideal world hell yes but we have to manage expectations of what we can achieve without being shut out and yes Barry did get shut out in his early years. We have a dialogue with the owner, we have dialogue with the landlords too. I am hoping for movement soon on both fronts

What kind of dialogue are you hoping for with the landlords? Is there a possibility they may be selling the land? 

25 minutes ago, al_bro said:

What kind of dialogue are you hoping for with the landlords? Is there a possibility they may be selling the land? 

Firstly, they are the clubs landlord so any changes to land/buildings covered by the ACV, we have to be notified, this includes selling land as well.

Secondly, the club is a tenant so if there are any changes with regards to the rent agreement including payments, increases,  non-payment etc. Your Trust rep needs to know as part of their entitlement.

Keeping a foot in both camps with dialogue, hopefully will help us to monitor that both are doing/demonstrating good business sense for the sake of our club

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

Firstly, they are the clubs landlord so any changes to land/buildings covered by the ACV, we have to be notified, this includes selling land as well.

Secondly, the club is a tenant so if there are any changes with regards to the rent agreement including payments, increases,  non-payment etc. Your Trust rep needs to know as part of their entitlement.

Keeping a foot in both camps with dialogue, hopefully will help us to monitor that both are doing/demonstrating good business sense for the sake of our club

Any chance Blitz will allow you one of the ground floor units to use as a Trust run fans bar, at reasonable/peppercorn rent?

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Any chance Blitz will allow you one of the ground floor units to use as a Trust run fans bar, at reasonable/peppercorn rent?

We have asked and were advised that ideally, any space in that stand need maximum usage, rather than say 3 times a month over 10 months...i can see the point.

We have even thought about the current club shop once the tennants move out....it has potential. I even looked at converted shipping containers for a bar somewhere on the car park.

but.....Al has now invested in re-vamping the current  02 suite.

Too busy planning a night with the groundsman to meet AL?

Without trying to sound too much like lookersstandandy it would be nice to hear the trust had a plan to meet with AL as soon as possible to get answers to a lot of questions people have regarding what's going on.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Too busy planning a night with the groundsman to meet AL?

Without trying to sound too much like lookersstandandy it would be nice to hear the trust had a plan to meet with AL as soon as possible to get answers to a lot of questions people have regarding what's going on.

Like i have said, he has had one invite but he was away. Once he returns we will ask for another meeting.

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

One in 12 months?

We have had two meetings with Al pre take over. He has met on more than one occassion your rep and has dialogue with her too during his first 12 months and her  6/7 months in the position as nominee to the board. we have given him time

Corney was zero in meeting all the Trust Directors in at least the 4 years I have been involved with the Trust.

Al is under no obligation to meet the other Trust directors only the Trust rep. 

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

We have had two meetings with Al pre take over. He has met on more than one occassion your rep and has dialogue with her too during his first 12 months and her  6/7 months in the position as nominee to the board. we have given him time

Corney was zero in meeting all the Trust Directors in at least the 4 years I have been involved with the Trust.

Al is under no obligation to meet the other Trust directors only the Trust rep. 

Seems a bit Mickey Mouse to be honest (from both AL and Corney) , but the biggest concern is that 12 months in, there is no board, no CEO 

48 minutes ago, underdog said:

We have asked and were advised that ideally, any space in that stand need maximum usage, rather than say 3 times a month over 10 months...i can see the point.....

....so can I, if there was a queue of other businesses willing to take the empty unit(s) on for more trading days..... how long have they layed empty for now? I don’t buy the reason, it’s an excuse not to be helpful, protect OEC revenue and be a general nuisance to encourage us/AL to vacate BP. He (Blitz) is being a c*nt....

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....so can I, if there was a queue of other businesses willing to take the empty unit(s) on for more trading days..... how long have they layed empty for now? I don’t buy the reason, it’s an excuse not to be helpful, protect OEC revenue and be a general nuisance to encourage us/AL to vacate BP. He (Blitz) is being a c*nt....

He'll be in for a long wait then...

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The ideal location is the Royle stand, especially access for all.

However Al has now updated the O2 suite pre match for fans...(I don't know if its open post). A compromise maybe?...So technically speaking we have a fans bar....if we (Trust) decide to pursue this further at the moment, we might pee both landlord and owner off. so sorry to say its on the backburner

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

The ideal location is the Royle stand, especially access for all.

However Al has now updated the O2 suite pre match for fans...(I don't know if its open post). A comprimise maybe?...So technically speaking we have a fans bar....if we (Trust) decide to pursue this further at the moment, we might pee both landlord and owner off. so sorry to say its on the backburner

I understand Tracy.... I’m not moaning at the Trust.... I’m pointing out the behaviour of our landlord.

The O2 suite refurb is a funny one... on the one hand, AL should be thanked & credited for doing it.... however, was there any consultation with you (the Trust) and/the SLO about what we (the fans) wanted before he did it? It seemed to happen without any notice and/or little fanfare, and we have no idea if AL has tried to strike a deal with Blitz for space in the JR stand first? It feels like AL has missed an opportunity for some positive personal PR, if indeed he warrants it? He could’ve painted himself if positive light and highlighted Blitz was being a c^nt, without actually saying it. What were the course of events that led up to it?

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....hopefully, cos that’ll mean AL hasn’t led us to into liquidation. Either way, he’ll kick us out when the lease it up....!

There is nothing to stop the tennant  (club) giving notice and moving out altogether before the lease surely

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....hopefully, cos that’ll mean AL hasn’t led us to into liquidation. Either way, he’ll kick us out when the lease it up.... (max 20 years left?)

Imagine he'll be long gone before it ever got to that.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I understand Tracy.... I’m not moaning at the Trust.... I’m pointing out the behaviour of our landlord.

The O2 suite refurb is a funny one... on the one hand, AL should be thanked & credited for doing it.... however, was there any consultation with you (the Trust) and/the SLO about what we (the fans) wanted before he did it? It seemed to happen without any notice and/or little fanfare, and we have no idea if AL has tried to strike a deal with Blitz for space in the JR stand first? It feels like AL has missed an opportunity for some positive personal PR, if indeed he warrants it? He could’ve painted himself if positive light and highlighted Blitz was being a c^nt, without actually saying it. What were the course of events that led up to it?

Hand on heart no not recently....but to give the owner his due, he did ask us for a list in one of our earliest meetings what we thought fans wanted. We decided to go baby steps what was managable, re-verting our clubs home back to bp, get the Frizzell stand officially named and up sign for it, fans bar.....i can't remember what else so maybe he is acting on that original list.

As the owner/club is the tennant I will presume any changes to building would have to be approved off by the landlord anyway

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hand on heart no not recently....but to give the owner his due, he did ask us for a list in one of our earliest meetings what we thought fans wanted. We decided to go baby steps what was managable, re-verting our clubs home back to bp, get the Frizzell stand officially named and up sign for it, fans bar.....i can't remember what else so maybe he is acting on that original list.

As the owner/club is the tennant I will presume any changes to building would have to be approved off by the landlord anyway

I was surprised when I noticed the flags on the top of the Rochdale Rd end for the first time in about 15 years recently. I do like some of the the little cosmetic touches that have happened in the last 12 months after two decades of decay. 

I’d have done alternate blue and white flags though.... 😁 

Archived