opinions4u

Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

We could have got him this transfer window...

No chance I'm afraid, his talents are now too well known.

I always like to spot them before others.

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No chance I'm afraid, his talents are now too well known.

I always like to spot them before others.

If we'd have paid the rate, he'd have joined on loan.

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

One has come good in the first team recently, so he looks out of the question now,  the other is very highly rated now by his club after recent U23 displays, so cant see it happening.

I have made no other recommendations since I highlighted them when they were under the radar.

Was Aaron Connolly (Brighton) one of your picks?

22 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If one of your tips is Sorenson, I have got a fantastic story for you about that one...

Let's have it, Lee.

19 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Was Aaron Connolly (Brighton) one of your picks?

Afraid not.

Hearing the coaching staff had high hopes at the start of the season upon Al informing them that their budget was in place and wasn't to be touched. Tie up's had been put in place at Scum, City and Liverpool to get top class coaching provided for the youths etc. only for Al to change is mind last minute and cut the budget by over half. That's come from some coaches involved.

2 hours ago, Lags said:

Hearing the coaching staff had high hopes at the start of the season upon Al informing them that their budget was in place and wasn't to be touched. Tie up's had been put in place at Scum, City and Liverpool to get top class coaching provided for the youths etc. only for Al to change is mind last minute and cut the budget by over half. That's come from some coaches involved.

Why pay for top of the range coaching when you know more about everything than anyone else! Top lad AL :clown:

4 hours ago, archiecat said:

Why pay for top of the range coaching when you know more about everything than anyone else! Top lad AL :clown:

Getting a bit boring, we all know that AL is hardly the saviour! But the clown emoji and constant slating is getting us where exactly! It is what it is  and whether we like it or not we are stuck with AL and without him well, doesn’t bare thinking about !!

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Getting a bit boring, we all know that AL is hardly the saviour! But the clown emoji and constant slating is getting us where exactly! It is what it is  and whether we like it or not we are stuck with AL and without him well, doesn’t bare thinking about !!

We may be stuck with AL, but we don’t need to be happy about it. In the 15 years that the 3 amigos/ corney owned the club, they never once mentioned that without them the club would be in administration, mr slowly slowly, seems to mention it in every interview he goes . Perhaps if him and his kept their noses out of team affairs we may go a little bit quicker  ! 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Getting your attention ain't it wise guy 😁

21 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

You load whinged for years about Corney. You got what u deserved so suck it ip

And I still wouldn't have him back

19 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

You load whinged for years about Corney. You got what u deserved so suck it ip

Perhaps we all need to take a breath and see what next week brings , if get scholes great, if not so be it. Either way hope AL has learned his lesson and will stop interfering with team affairs

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

Perhaps we all need to take a breath and see what next week brings , if get scholes great, if not so be it. Either way hope AL has learned his lesson and will stop interfering with team affairs

Not sure he is aware he's doing anything wrong. I still think even if Scholes is here he will meddle in team affairs whether Scholes puts up with it or not is another matter.

Edited by GlossopLatic

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not sure he is aware he's doing anything wrong. I still think even if Scholes is here he will meddle in team affairs whether Scholes puts up with it or not is another matter.

He promised (or at least we were told he did) after kicking of in the dressing room (against Southend) last season , that he wouldn’t do it again , but went into the dressing after to Exeter game (allegedly) calling the players - well until one of them grabbed him by the throat (again allegedly). Hopefully (if we do get scholes) he’ll (Lemsagam)  be given te hairdryer treatment 

1 minute ago, mad4it said:

He promised (or at least we were told he did) after kicking of in the dressing room (against Southend) last season , that he wouldn’t do it again , but went into the dressing after to Exeter game (allegedly) calling the players - well until one of them grabbed him by the throat (again allegedly). Hopefully (if we do get scholes) he’ll (Lemsagam)  be given te hairdryer treatment 

Well if Scholes does go to war with Lemsagam only one of them is going to win and it's not going to be Scholes it's Lemsagams club and he will have the final say. This is the problem he is a law unto himself.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well if Scholes does go to war with Lemsagam only one of them is going to win and it's not going to be Scholes it's Lemsagams club and he will have the final say. This is the problem he is a law unto himself.

Eh? If any manager “goes to war” with any owner they will lose. All owners are laws unto themselves.  Kinda stating the obvious and it’s not unique to Oldham. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Eh? If any manager “goes to war” with any owner they will lose. All owners are laws unto themselves.  Kinda stating the obvious and it’s not unique to Oldham. 

No but most ( the sensible ones atleast) don't interfere with team selection tactics etc to level that Lemsagam does.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No but most ( the sensible ones atleast) don't interfere with team selection tactics etc to level that Lemsagam does.

Yes. I agree. But that’s a different issue. The power rests with the owner at every club, particularly in the lower leagues. 

41 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It all depends what is written in the contract and the compensation package agreed should he (Scholes) leave the club at the request of the owner . 

He hasn't got enough hush money to keep Scholes quiet. Bitten off far more than he can chew with this one.

19 hours ago, Lags said:

And I still wouldn't have him back

I’d probably choose Corney out of the two, they both don’t pay any bills but at least one of them didn’t want to pick the team and be the manager as well☺️

17 hours ago, mad4it said:

He promised (or at least we were told he did) after kicking of in the dressing room (against Southend) last season , that he wouldn’t do it again , but went into the dressing after to Exeter game (allegedly) calling the players - well until one of them grabbed him by the throat (again allegedly). Hopefully (if we do get scholes) he’ll (Lemsagam)  be given te hairdryer treatment and Mr Corney 😍 never went in the dressing room. 

FIFY

On 2/1/2019 at 11:00 PM, mad4it said:

In the 15 years that the 3 amigos/ corney owned the club, they never once mentioned that without them the club would be in administration

Sometimes peole are wrong.

Sometimes people chat shit.

Sometimes people make stuff up.

This beauty gives us all three combined.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Sometimes peole are wrong.

Sometimes people chat shit.

Sometimes people make stuff up.

This beauty gives us all three combined.

So the TTA didn’t take the club out of administration them, and give me an example of when either Blitz, Gazal or Corney have mentioned that they saved the club ! 

Edited by mad4it