Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

7 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'll do that then. One of my mottos in life is that you can't do much better than BP.

Solid divi paid quarterly and getting back to pre oil spill levels and a deffo buy at anything under a fiver

I have 10,000 but yes the real B.P is my temple too 🤤

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Plenty but that's dependant on your amount of exposure to risk and knowledge of when to bail out if required to do so, my advice at present would be to go into very low risk defensive stocks paying a solid divi (United utilities, National Grid, or GlaxoSmithKline but although a medium risk you can't do much better than BP) or just stay in cash until brexshit has run its course.

That's where I'm at right now 👍

Especially since Scholesy came on board.

7 minutes ago, singe said:

Especially since Scholesy came on board.

Possibly the best decision AL has made in his life, the rewards could be endless but there's always a downside to everything as we all know

First time in a very long time I'm feeling the club might be coming off life support with a heart beating as one with the fans.

Still clicking my heels here in Heysham, Lancashire :bblue2:

3 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Possibly the best decision AL has made in his life, the rewards could be endless but there's always a downside to everything as we all know

First time in a very long time I'm feeling the club might be coming off life support with a heart beating as one with the fans.

Still clicking my heels here in Heysham, Lancashire :bblue2:

Fingers firmly crossed. Things he needs to stop doing, but hopefully that will change with greater scrutiny.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

Fingers firmly crossed. Things he needs to stop doing, but hopefully that will change with greater scrutiny.

Maybe that's all he's been craving? A Big name attracting massive media exposure and with connection's only 8 miles down the road is like hitting the jackpot.

Anyone who thinks this appointment won't have any bearing on this or next season needs throwing in a padded cell complete with straitjacket 

24 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Maybe that's all he's been craving? A Big name attracting massive media exposure and with connection's only 8 miles down the road is like hitting the jackpot.

Anyone who thinks this appointment won't have any bearing on this or next season needs throwing in a padded cell complete with straitjacket 

Let's hope he has access to more funds.

7 minutes ago, singe said:

Let's hope he has access to more funds.

If scholesy can keep the Pete wild momentum going till the end of the season then I'm certain he will have from the increased home gate, making the play-offs is the real financial game changer in our case.

He had apparently targeted Scholes almost from day one, it’s just a shame Wellens was appointed after his ‘purple patch’ as it’s knocked us back 12 months.

The Scholes factor should attract media attention, more fans, better players and most of all could help attract additional investment.

The Scholes haters really need to step back and think about the bigger picture here. It’s potentially the best thing to happen at the club since Royle left!!

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He had apparently targeted Scholes almost from day one, it’s just a shame Wellens was appointed after his ‘purple patch’ as it’s knocked us back 12 months.

The Scholes factor should attract media attention, more fans, better players and most of all could help attract additional investment.

The Scholes haters really need to step back and think about the bigger picture here. It’s potentially the best thing to happen at the club since Royle left!!

Sir, I salute you!

Truth is, it's been a seriously long time since there's been a buzz around the club and now we have one for whatever length of time it might last, we should embrace it and be joyous 

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Embarrassing is the word to describe some of these fans, I get he's not going to appeal to everyone but for fuck sake some of the anti Utd shite is just plain cringe.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Embarrassing is the word to describe some of these fans, I get he's not going to appeal to everyone but for fuck sake some of the anti Utd shite is just plain cringe.

Might be forgotten if they send over McTomminay for a few months 😉

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Well, yes. Appointing a manager should probably have a bearing on any season he remains appointed......?

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

If scholesy can keep the Pete wild momentum going till the end of the season then I'm certain he will have from the increased home gate, making the play-offs is the real financial game changer in our case.

What Pete Wild "momentum"? He did great thrown in as he was but we'd lost 3 in a row before Crawley...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Didn't Corney want Scholes but AL wanted Wellens last time ? 

Possibly so....but for whatever reason, Wellens’s 4 wins on the bounce playing excellent football along the way really ballsed it up for us didn’t it?😡

Just goes to show that knee jerk reactions, especially in football are not recommended!

There are Scholes haters?  Who are these clowns?  Please tell me it is not based purely on his Man U past?

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Oh it is, sad isn't it.

But a good deal of our current players now and in the past are big time United fans or have even at some time been on their books?  Did they hate Wellens for the same reason? Gardner? 

Stupid. 

Possibly so....but for whatever reason, Wellens’s 4 wins on the bounce playing excellent football along the way really ballsed it up for us didn’t it?😡

Just goes to show that knee jerk reactions, especially in football are not recommended!

Probably what  ballsed it up for us was when the players weren’t payed and AL started to interfere with team issues. 

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

But a good deal of our current players now and in the past are big time United fans or have even at some time been on their books?  Did they hate Wellens for the same reason? Gardner? 

Stupid. 

Chris Makin got all sorts of grief for admitting he was a United fan.  Bizarre

53 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Stupid. 

Are you seriously comparing Wellens, who was a kid with them, and Gardner, whose link I'm unaware of with one of their longest serving players of all time who was complicit in much of their cheating and general cuntery? 

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How is it bizarre?

Have you turned into deyres42?  Irrational loathing of people because they happened to play for a club that none of us much like is bizarre.  They are professionals striving to get to the top of their profession and if they played for United then they pretty much did so.

Can't tell if you are just on the wind up but I guess if not then you would have preferred Askey.  Now that's bizarre.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Have you turned into deyres42?  Irrational loathing of people because they happened to play for a club that none of us much like is bizarre.  They are professionals striving to get to the top of their profession and if they played for United then they pretty much did so.

Can't tell if you are just on the wind up but I guess if not then you would have preferred Askey.  Now that's bizarre.

Many supporters of Oldham Athletic, for numerous rational (& less rational) reasons, have a deep dislike of any & all things Man Utd. 

I find it bizarre that you find it bizarre how that sometimes manifests itself.  

Archived