Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Companies House is just a big filing cabinet. It's only as reliable as the people doing the filing. 

Maybe so, but its been extremely useful in confirming or highlighting information that has not been previously forthcoming from the club

The Necarcu loan being one

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, underdog said:

Maybe so, but its been extremely useful in confirming or highlighting information that has not been previously forthcoming from the club

The Necarcu loan being one

Except it hasn't confirmed anything on that subject 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Except it hasn't confirmed anything on that subject 

I think what she getting at Dave, is we wouldn’t have known Corney had taken a dodgy loan at all had it not been for the requirements to post the legal charge in the first place.....

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think what she getting at Dave, is we wouldn’t have known Corney had taken a dodgy loan at all had it not been for the requirements to post the legal charge in the first place.....

But if they hadn't posted it we'd never have known and as it is a bit tricky to prove a negative who knows if there is or was anything else.... 

Carlisle posted comprehensive results. Useful as a benchmark I feel.
Income down 6.5%. Matchday down 17% av gate 5,113 to 4,600

£4m income, close to us

£86 in £100 on wages £3.2m

£18,000 a week loss almost £1m per season. £850k loanswritten off.

Just now, kowenicki said:

Football outside the prem realky is fucked isn’t it.  You have to be mad to get involved.... as we know.

Our whole country is regally fucked................................................where's that Black Hole :pray:

43 minutes ago, singe said:

Anyone know what car Corney drives? 

I joked but as is full name is Simon Myer Corney SS MM C geddit? I did a double take on the tweet (not my original tweet) 

https://twitter.com/stesummers/status/1108406501629181953?s=19

Looks to me to be a former loan strikers car. Obvs stands for Sam Surridge missing my crib 

6 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

cheers i have posted it in the pinned trust thread and the original as an update..

these days trust news is like buses....nothing for an age then 3 at once..haha

i have also emailed it to all trust members tonight

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

"We hope to have everything in place before the start of next season and are working on the ways the fans can get involved financially"

So does that mean a bid has been accepted (at least in principle) but funds are needed from the fans? Funds for it all? Half? How much?

@underdog @Andy b

Dont think it’s a pre requisite...it sounds to me like if fans would like to get involved financially they would probably be able to do so.

Might be by the way of a shares scheme?

We’ll have to wait and see but IMO it’s brilliant news for supporters😁

There are 5 pages of nonsense postings about a position that nobody wants to consider on another thread. What's the point if you don't want to do it?

Here we have some of potentially the best news to come out in ages about the future of OAFC and it is getting half a dozen replies.

Fantastic news if it is true and achievable.Well done to the trust who have had a bit of a bashing lately-time to take a bow.

24 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

There are 5 pages of nonsense postings about a position that nobody wants to consider on another thread. What's the point if you don't want to do it?

Here we have some of potentially the best news to come out in ages about the future of OAFC and it is getting half a dozen replies.

Fantastic news if it is true and achievable.Well done to the trust who have had a bit of a bashing lately-time to take a bow.

As you say potentially great news. I think perhaps there have been so many false dawns that people are understandably "holding back" until something concrete actually materialises. Utmost credit, though, to all concerned in these negotiations.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

"We hope to have everything in place before the start of next season and are working on the ways the fans can get involved financially"

So does that mean a bid has been accepted (at least in principle) but funds are needed from the fans? Funds for it all? Half? How much?

@underdog @Andy b

Means of funding are not 100 per cent clear to the trust at this point. We are not leading the process but being regularly briefed. There is genuine momentum and a will from both parties to make it happen. How fans can get involved will become clear in due course.

Sorry if that’s a bit vague. As per the TO release today, I would urge patience. We will get there I am sure 

7 hours ago, Andy b said:

Means of funding are not 100 per cent clear to the trust at this point. We are not leading the process but being regularly briefed. There is genuine momentum and a will from both parties to make it happen. How fans can get involved will become clear in due course.

Sorry if that’s a bit vague. As per the TO release today, I would urge patience. We will get there I am sure 

How do the trust not know if the money is there? I can email Blitz and offer £20m for it, tell the trust I've agreed a deal, ask them to come on board and then say right I've no money I needed you guys for your buckets

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How do the trust not know if the money is there? I can email Blitz and offer £20m for it, tell the trust I've agreed a deal, ask them to come on board and then say right I've no money I needed you guys for your buckets

It isn't going to be a scenario like that. Almost everything is in place...

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Just a reminder that Jason Flynn MD of JP Morgan is now part of the Trust. 

I think that is the reassurance needed. 

Blackburn have revealed eye-watering figures for 17/18

£336,000 a week losses. In League 1!

£130m of within a year debts. 

Turnover £9m

Wages almost £17m

Venkys are owed £108m

Total Venkys have put in almost £1/4 billion. 

😲

And their wage bill was probably 6x ours. 

36 minutes ago, singe said:

Blackburn have revealed eye-watering figures for 17/18

£336,000 a week losses. In League 1!

£130m of within a year debts. 

Turnover £9m

Wages almost £17m

Venkys are owed £108m

Total Venkys have put in almost £1/4 billion. 

😲

And their wage bill was probably 6x ours. 

Surely they will have been in breach of FFP rules with that although the championships FFP rules allow quite abit of leeway it's fair to say.

Archived