Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N/W Football is in meltdown...Bolton, Macc, Bury, and maybe ourselves once again looking for the shit creek paddle shop!!

Clubs simply cannot remain solvent paying out huge salaries to mediocre players and living beyond their means, something will have to give eventually.

It’s looking increasingly likely that a team or two outside the Prem will be gone before too long...I just hope it isn’t OAFC!

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

N/W Football is in meltdown...Bolton, Macc, Bury, and maybe ourselves once again looking for the shit creek paddle shop!!

Clubs simply cannot remain solvent paying out huge salaries to mediocre players and living beyond their means, something will have to give eventually.

It’s looking increasingly likely that a team or two outside the Prem will be gone before too long...I just hope it isn’t OAFC!

In a week when news of the above non-payment of wages is in the public domain, I read of Fulham about to lose it’s Premier League place despite spending over £80 million in the summer and Bournemouth, average home gate less than 11,000, has a wage bill of £100 million 😮

The Premier League and the huge television deals have brought vast sums of money into the game. Unfortunately most of that money appears to be going to players and agents. Clubs spending beyond their means, needing multi millionaire owners to underpin the debt. Championship clubs running up huge debts in the pursuit of the promised land that they believe The Premier League to be. And the impact is being felt lower down the leagues with wage bills crippling so many clubs.

Something has to give or we will see many more clubs going in to administration. 

Football in the lower leagues will survive but it will have to change. And that change needs to happen soon. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Which was the last club to go into admin? 

Certainly happens nowhere near as frequently as was the case a few years ago. 

Not an exhaustive list.... as we’re not in it.... and Hereford went more recently.... but....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

In a week when news of the above non-payment of wages is in the public domain, I read of Fulham about to lose it’s Premier League place despite spending over £80 million in the summer and Bournemouth, average home gate less than 11,000, has a wage bill of £100 million 😮

The Premier League and the huge television deals have brought vast sums of money into the game. Unfortunately most of that money appears to be going to players and agents. Clubs spending beyond their means, needing multi millionaire owners to underpin the debt. Championship clubs running up huge debts in the pursuit of the promised land that they believe The Premier League to be. And the impact is being felt lower down the leagues with wage bills crippling so many clubs.

Something has to give or we will see many more clubs going in to administration. 

Football in the lower leagues will survive but it will have to change. And that change needs to happen soon. 

saddly i can see this being a premier league 2 with very limited opertunitys for small clubs to gain promotion into it possibly a closed shop .the top two divisions are slowly polarising into the wealthy clubs with the smaller clubs unable to compete 

5 hours ago, peanuts said:

saddly i can see this being a premier league 2 with very limited opertunitys for small clubs to gain promotion into it possibly a closed shop .the top two divisions are slowly polarising into the wealthy clubs with the smaller clubs unable to compete 

People have been saying this for years it never happens and it never will.

Football Clubs have been going bust for over 100 years they will continue to do so for the next 100.

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Quote from Bolton chairman "Indeed, I was told yesterday that at least at one club, the players were buying their own food and doing their own laundry for many weeks"

wonder who he's referring to 

I wouldn’t listen to a word that pillock says if I was you. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Expecting a story to drop about AL within the next couple of days in France...

Mr Sinnott has often been spot on with information passed on via this forum.

However... this type of post does my head in. No substance just a teasing inference that a story will surface in the immediate future. 

Now where Is that downboat button when you need it? 

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

However... this type of post does my head in. No substance just a teasing inference that a story will surface in the immediate future. 

I agree. I appreciate it when inside information is shared. But if you're not at liberty to reveal the detail, keep quiet until you can. 

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It's on Twitter...

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

That's all he knows, it's translated from a tweet... 

38 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I don't know what's in the article. What do you want me to do...?

Archived