Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, disjointed said:

It would be preferable if he had settled all the pension contributions not some. 

He may well have done, but I was talking to one of the women that used to work there and she said hers had finally been paid. Dunno about the others...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 12:15 PM, kowenicki said:

Don't be a tool.  Do you know how SOCIAL media works? (Not my type anyway... 😁)

Urgh. If that’s how social media works then I’m glad l’m not part of it! Creepy as fuck.

Well there's a turn up, stung by Wellens criticism of him buying a shipping container, and taking it back! 

Of course, it's not been built yet! 

Darren says the Trust meeting went well, but it's what he does rather than says he's going to do now. 

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Well there's a turn up, stung by Wellens criticism of him buying a shipping container, and taking it back! 

Darren says the Trust meeting went well, but it's what he does rather than says he's going to do now. 

The shipping container was Dunn wasn’t it? 

Hope this happens....

THIS kind of thing is why we need to boycott. AL is ripping off local businesses, lying to us, not paying staff & bills and just generally running the club into the ground yet some only want to protest this when things are going wrong on the pitch. The games are irrelevant at this point...

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, singe said:

Is planning permission needed for this, and if so does anyone know if it's been submitted yet? That would give us a clue if AL means it or not.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

THIS kind of thing is why we need to boycott. AL is ripping off local businesses, lying to us, not paying staff & bills and just generally running the club into the ground yet some only want to protest this when things are going wrong on the pitch. The games are irrelevant at this point...

Boycott means no money for this fans group. Although we dont know their objectives, who they are etc.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:Well worth a read for anyone else who is as sad as me...

Sounds familiar.  

I was just reading about this £350m purchase of Newcastle by billionaire Sheikh Khaled who happens to be cousin of Sheikh Mansour at City.  

It got me thinking; what if the Sheikh bought OAFC or another L1 or L2 club instead?  Allowing a 10 year plan (or sooner), what is the probability of securing Premier 

League football if that same £350m was set aside for the project.

Take our club.  I would estimate a £50m budget could secure the club, land, develop the stadium and realistically strengthen the team to guarantee promotion to L1 and Championship within 5 years.  That gives 5 years & £300m to secure promotion to Premier League and allowance to extend the stadium further to house increased attendances.  

I know acquiring Newcastle gives you instant Premier League football but would that £350m appreciate in value without significant investment to break into that Top 6?   Granted you’ve bought SJP but the value of the stadium and land reflects the purchase price hence BP being about 2-3% of the £350m, which gives you mass wealth to strengthen the team.  You’ve also got their 38,000 STs sold annually and I know it’ll be near impossible to achieve 50% of this even with Prem football but I’m confident you could hook thousands through attractive ST pricing and effective marketing during the journey.

Its probably rise-tinted glasses and me being an OAFC fan but achieving success between 5 and 10 years up the pyramid appeals much more than lower table Premier League existence.  Is it unfeasible to attract a Sheikh to take the risk?  It doesn’t guarantee Premier League football but I think it’s much easier getting into the Prem with £350m to build than getting into that Top 6 of the Prem after spending £350m just to get Prem membership.

4 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Sounds familiar.  

I was just reading about this £350m purchase of Newcastle by billionaire Sheikh Khaled who happens to be cousin of Sheikh Mansour at City.  

It got me thinking; what if the Sheikh bought OAFC or another L1 or L2 club instead?  Allowing a 10 year plan (or sooner), what is the probability of securing Premier 

Take our club.  I would estimate a £50m budget could secure the club, land, develop the stadium and realistically strengthen the team to guarantee promotion to L1 and Championship within 5 years.  That gives 5 years & £300m to secure promotion to Premier League and allowance to extend the stadium further to house increased attendances.  

I know acquiring Newcastle gives you instant Premier League football but would that £350m appreciate in value without significant investment to break into that Top 6?   Granted you’ve bought SJP but the value of the stadium and land reflects the purchase price hence BP being about 2-3% of the £350m, which gives you mass wealth to strengthen the team.  You’ve also got their 38,000 STs sold annually and I know it’ll be near impossible to achieve 50% of this even with Prem football but I’m confident you could hook thousands through attractive ST pricing and effective marketing during the journey.

Its probably rise-tinted glasses and me being an OAFC fan but achieving success between 5 and 10 years up the pyramid appeals much more than lower table Premier League existence.  Is it unfeasible to attract a Sheikh to take the risk?  It doesn’t guarantee Premier League football but I think it’s much easier getting into the Prem with £350m to build than getting into that Top 6 of the Prem after spending £350m just to get Prem membership.

It would be a lot more fun for all involved, very unlikely tho

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It would be a lot more fun for all involved, very unlikely tho

Granted extremely unlikely.  However we’re talking individuals with unimaginable wealth who love football, love taking a risk for success and, even more so, love attention.  The sums needed to get us into the Championship would be less than what’s fallen down the back of their chaise lounge.  

The PR from acquiring OAFC and taking us to the Prem would be more significant than buying Newcastle.  Would secure you a better financial return too I reckon.

Lemsagam could never deliver this - well never on his own - so this should be our focus alongside buying the stadium and land.  Secure him a buyer so we’re not just a sustainable L2 club in 5 years but we’re back battling in the Championship.

I know they’re not queuing at the door but package us, our history, our achievement in the 90s and network.  If pushed I’m certain Lemsagam would love to offload us and get some or most of his savings back.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Sounds familiar.  

Basically, do what Bournemouth did?

Archived