Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Let's see who we get in this season then before you start your relentless defence of another useless self absorbed owner.

Think you'll struggle to find a post of mine in defence of AL. How about we use your logic and people wait and see what our squad is before saying players won't come here. If the squad is shit I'll have a moan with you.

OWTB previously: undisclosed fee = must be peanuts, undervalued, can't believe he cashed the sell on clause in early for f*ck all etc...

OWTB 2019: can't believe he wants to squeeze MORE money out of opposition chairman... Clown ...

3 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

OWTB previously: undisclosed fee = must be peanuts, undervalued, can't believe he cashed the sell on clause in early for f*ck all etc...

OWTB 2019: can't believe he wants to squeeze MORE money out of opposition chairman... Clown ...

Bunch of fannies ain’t they ? Been on apologising to him on behalf of our club too. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I don’t do twitter. Had a quick read of it on the link above. Who are the weasels going on there apologising to their chairman? FFS get your noses from out from  his arse.Can’t remember the last time I cringed as bad ! 

🖕

Some pathetic snivelling goin on there isn’t there. Sad cunts.

Love the post referencing businesses that agree terms and don’t deliver, somebody should point out that at least he hasn’t actually had his stolen money stolen the fuckin weasel.

Our chairman’s job is to get as much for our players as possible. As long as he doesn’t break the law then I don’t think I could care less how he does it.

Football is hardly a business full of integrity and I don’t think the other owner in question is in any position to be casting aspersions. 

Some hypocrites on here. 

There are many things to bash Abdallah for, as I have been doing relentlessly for the last year or so, mainly ripping off local businesses and terrible treatment of loyal OAFC staff. However, this isn’t one of them. I personally find it really weird that people have a massive issue with this and are kissing Posh’s chairman’s arse!

I honestly couldn’t give a frig if he’s messing about opposing clubs in order to maximise our transfer revenue. It’s every man for himself in this business and AL shouldn’t be acting ‘gentlemanly’ if that is to the detriment of the club’s already low bank balance. Remember Brentford reneging on their loan back agreement for Tarky - favours shouldn’t be expected in football and if he can get more money by acting like a **** towards a **** like DMac then it should be applauded by our fans. 

I’d understand criticism if he’d done something criminal, but he hasn’t. If you want to support a club who acts 100% ethically in the transfer market then it’s probably best that you follow another sport.

Massive props to Absy for this, simply superb. 💙

11 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

None of this means Abdallah might not be a wrong un if he is in fact a wrong un but, let's remember who we're talking about here....

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-1692381/Holiday-property-agent-MRI-accused-of-fraud.html

As ever with these things the truth is probably somewhere in between.....

I agree. I think GE wants the Rangers move anyway, and we have used Peterborough to pump the price up. Tough shit, the harsh reality of the game these days. Top level clubs do it all the time, as do players and agents. Games fucked

48 minutes ago, Ryan said:

There are many things to bash Abdallah for, as I have been doing relentlessly for the last year or so, mainly ripping off local businesses and terrible treatment of loyal OAFC staff. However, this isn’t one of them. I personally find it really weird that people have a massive issue with this and are kissing Posh’s chairman’s arse!

I honestly couldn’t give a frig if he’s messing about opposing clubs in order to maximise our transfer revenue. It’s every man for himself in this business and AL shouldn’t be acting ‘gentlemanly’ if that is to the detriment of the club’s already low bank balance. Remember Brentford reneging on their loan back agreement for Tarky - favours shouldn’t be expected in football and if he can get more money by acting like a **** towards a **** like DMac then it should be applauded by our fans. 

I’d understand criticism if he’d done something criminal, but he hasn’t. If you want to support a club who acts 100% ethically in the transfer market then it’s probably best that you follow another sport.

There are 91 league clubs to deal with. The more you piss off, the less favours/loans etc. you’re likely to get in return. Like what happened with Corney at the end. 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

No idea what props are but perhaps worth pointing out that he hasn't actually sealed a deal with anyone yet. And there's one less potential bidder. 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No idea what props are but perhaps worth pointing out that he hasn't actually sealed a deal with anyone yet. And there's one less potential bidder. 

Perhaps worth pointing out that you don’t actually  know if he has sealed a deal or not ? Maybe that’s why he’s now asking for more from Peterborough? So that it matches the highest bidder ? 

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Perhaps worth pointing out that you don’t actually  know if he has sealed a deal or not ? Maybe that’s why he’s now asking for more from Peterborough? So that it matches the highest bidder ? 

Well I'm just going on the basis that no transfer has been announced. 

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Slang term for "accolades", "proper respect", or "just dues". Popularized in the 1980s by rappers who shortened the term "propers" which was in turn being used as an abbreviated version of "proper respect”

I thought everyone knew that...😉

Thank f### I'm old! 

Archived