Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Clifford said:

I just hope one day someone with some bollocks can join the board to represent and fight for the fans. Push our views. Challenge the owner. There is no challenge at OAFC to him despite the fans actually having 3% shares and a place on the board.

Barry Jnr has already rolled over and let Barry Snr et all tickle his bits. Demands from the Trust seem to have died off. No protest took place and then Barry Jnr was there to represent us. No shock.

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

It's a thankless task, people need someone to blame and take shots at. He has put himself in that position, he must be crazy

In my opinion, the bit in bold is the main problem. I make no apologies for saying again that the 3% shareholding (actual monetary value now admitted as nil) is a millstone around the Trust's neck. Get rid, become independent and you are allowed to be much more of a "fans' voice" and a force for change in troubled times. In more benign times, you then revert to a position of full support.

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

In my opinion, the bit in bold is the main problem. I make no apologies for saying again that the 3% shareholding (actual monetary value now admitted as nil) is a millstone around the Trust's neck. Get rid, become independent and you are allowed to be much more of a "fans' voice" and a force for change in troubled times. In more benign times, you then revert to a position of full support.

Been saying that for years. 

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe he is advising the owner regarding the views and interests of fans?  You appear to be very dismissive; do you know Darren? 

He was challenged in terms of his position as a fans rep and he stated he was in fact there to advise the owner. I don't want to know him.

Big balls, demands, meetings etc. Fuck me, come and have a comfy seat on the board and it soon dies off.

Give up the shares and grow some balls. You'd find more fans would be interested. 

Viva la fans group and the revolution. 

54 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Big balls, demands, meetings etc. Fuck me, come and have a comfy seat on the board and it soon dies off.

Give up the shares and grow some balls. You'd find more fans would be interested. 

Viva la fans group and the revolution. 

Used the fanbase to further his own standing, don't know him at all but it's another one that smacks of self indulgence, I even read a reply he made to someone on Twitter 'inviting them into the boardroom', so much for the different approach - the way I see it they've sweetened him up took him on board and now he's forgotten who he actually represents.

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

it's just diabolical that those prepared to do something are slated perpetually by anonymous warriors on here and other social media based on guesswork and supposition. Shameful 

True, the very same people who wouldn't volunteer to give up their own time for the role or have the nerve to accept the criticism that inevitably comes with it.

Just now, BP1960 said:

True, the very same people who wouldn't volunteer to give up their own time for the role or have the nerve to accept the criticism that inevitably comes with it.

You wouldn't volunteer to give up your time to run The Nazi party because you thought Hitler was doing a shit job would you

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

it's just diabolical that those prepared to do something are slated perpetually by anonymous warriors on here and other social media based on guesswork and supposition. Shameful 

Come on Dave there's been a whole different approach from the Trust, including silence on here to one or two genuine questions, I don't mind that but it smacks of irony when the very thing the Trust was barking on about -Communication - now seems to be their own downfall.

I know at least a couple of the Trust reps well and they are thoroughly decent people as well as being avid fans so I know they have the clubs best interest at heart and I know the job is unpaid and at times a thankless one but, I personally feel though that the Trust also makes a rod for it's own back with the way it at times goes about it's business, I'm afraid it looks to me like we are back to the situation where it's more important to keep the club happy than it is the fans and invariably this will look like they are towing the line to keep the peace rather than asking those difficult questions which in my opinion is what we should be doing.

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Come on Dave there's been a whole different approach from the Trust, including silence on here to one or two genuine questions, I don't mind that but it smacks of irony when the very thing the Trust was barking on about -Communication - now seems to be their own downfall.

I know at least a couple of the Trust reps well and they are thoroughly decent people as well as being avid fans so I know they have the clubs best interest at heart and I know the job is unpaid and at times a thankless one but, I personally feel though that the Trust also makes a rod for it's own back with the way it at times goes about it's business, I'm afraid it looks to me like we are back to the situation where it's more important to keep the club happy than it is the fans and invariably this will look like they are towing the line to keep the peace rather than asking those difficult questions which in my opinion is what we should be doing.

Silence on here is a good thing. When they tried to answer the questions asked by a range of anonymised ranters it rarely ended well. Much prefer structured communication. 

The trust representatives said on here a few months ago that they weren't going to field questions on social media any more (they'd be wasting their time if they did). Anyone is able to go to a trust meeting and speak to them, they also release monthly updates. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Every criticism on here and most social media is based mostly on guesswork and supposition. 

I don’t believe in criticising individuals on the Trust (and insulting them is ridiculous), but people should be able to criticise the trust as a whole if they think it deserves criticism.  To say otherwise is a very odd and reminds me of rather sinister organisations of the past and present. 

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Every criticism on here and most social media is based mostly on guesswork and supposition. 

I don’t believe in criticising individuals on the Trust (and insulting them is ridiculous), but people should be able to criticise the trust as a whole if they think it deserves criticism.  To say otherwise is a very odd and reminds me of rather sinister organisations of the past and present. 

Seriously?? Nobody is saying they are beyond criticism. To interpret my point in that way is ridiculous. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Tbf he does say absolutely nothing of the sort 😂

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously?? Nobody is saying they are beyond criticism. To interpret my point in that way is ridiculous. 

Personal attacks of trust members are out of order.

I guarantee though that certain posters on here will bring out the same ‘volunteer’ defence when the organisation is criticised in the future. If I could be arsed to go and look I’d find loads of example doing exactly that from the past on here. 

Can I ask a serious question?

How long can it take a company to register their directors at companies house and how long does it take for it to be processed?

I am lead to believe that until this is done, none of the other four named club directors (Trust rep being one) have any rights or responsibilities for the business that is our club legally, or have access to Club information. This is despite them all being announced on the Club website on the 20th May

So despite the numerous attempts by the Trust rep since May to gain access to information by phone, text message, email and personal visits since May. I am wondering if this is the reason why slowly, slowly lack of progress is being made. (granted Summer holidays as well). Simply no-one recognises legally the other directors right to access/have that information due to them not being registered yet.

The Trust AGM is a week on Monday so hopefully, we can give you all an update then and before the end of month July review.

Good job we are not considering yet the option of us being an "oppressed minority shareholder".

Cheers

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

Can I ask a serious question?

How long can it take a company to register their directors at companies house and how long does it take for it to be processed?

I have just done one. It took about three minutes and I expect it to be confirmed this afternoon. 

Archived