Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pidge said:

There are staff not being paid on time but unwilling to report it or else they will be out the door. 

Also, does anyone know why the St Johns first aiders haven’t turned up for recent matches at home?

I don’t know about late payment of wages but the St John’s Ambulance crew have been sat in front of the (now) away dugout.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

There are staff not being paid on time but unwilling to report it or else they will be out the door. 

Also, does anyone know why the St Johns first aiders haven’t turned up for recent matches at home?

I’ll take your word for it, but it wasn’t really my point. 

I’ll put it another way, it was only until Bury were on the edge of existing that the press and media started to say, ‘oh, it’s awful what’s going on bury’ despite the fact they had been over spending/running it into the ground for years before- but everyone turned a blind eye. The outside world doesn’t have the time or inclination to put us under the microscope, until it’s gets really bad- like the club going under bad. 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Obfuscation

the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.

Not sure you have got the right word there.

Suggest #letshaveproofnotjusthearsayandrumourlads 😉

It’s Corney’s fault, it’s Scholes’ fault, it’s the FLG’s fault, Banide’s tactics aren’t good enough, Dino calling out the players is a bad move..... obfuscation! The real problem is staring you in the face. You - and others - chose to obscure it.

2 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I don’t know about late payment of wages but the St John’s Ambulance crew have been sat in front of the (now) away dugout.

The Paramedic crews were still there as usual in front of the dugout, I was talking about the St Johns first aiders. They were missing. I wondered if anyone knew why.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You can't play without appropriate medical support can you? I'm calling fake news of some sort on that one. 

St Johns provide their services free don’t they? It’s a volunteer service and charity. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

St Johns provide their services free don’t they? It’s a volunteer service and charity. 

We owed them money when we went into admin in 2004.  And the point was about them apparently not being there.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

It’s Corney’s fault, it’s Scholes’ fault, it’s the FLG’s fault, Banide’s tactics aren’t good enough, Dino calling out the players is a bad move..... obfuscation! The real problem is staring you in the face. You - and others - chose to obscure it.

I - and others - as you naively put it, do not choose to obscure anything. It’s simply a plea for individuals to stop posting rumours and hearsay when they don’t really know. Also -  the ‘real problem’?  Don’t insult my intelligence.

12 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

FLG bought these shares yet?

I presume so... as they wouldn’t lie or exaggerate. That would only serve to damage their, already delicate, reputation amongst some of the fan base. 

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I presume so... as they wouldn’t lie or exaggerate. That would only serve to damage their, already delicate, reputation amongst some of the fan base. 

They haven’t said they’ve bought shares yet. So not sure how it would be a lie if they don’t end up buying any?

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They haven’t said they’ve bought shares yet. So not sure how it would be a lie if they don’t end up buying any?

They said they had agreed a purchase and lawyers were finalising it.   Anyhow. I’m confident that they are confident that they are buying some shares.  You can’t really get that wrong can you. 

“After negotiations the terms of this purchase have now been agreed.

We have now instructed our solicitors to take this matter forward to completion.”

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They said they had agreed a purchase and lawyers were finalising it.   Anyhow. I’m confident that they are confident that they are buying some shares.  You can’t really get that wrong can you. 

Clearly you can.  Abdallah did. 

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

The Paramedic crews were still there as usual in front of the dugout, I was talking about the St Johns first aiders. They were missing. I wondered if anyone knew why.

I thought they where in the hut as normal in the main stand lower near the toilets. 

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I - and others - as you naively put it, do not choose to obscure anything. It’s simply a plea for individuals to stop posting rumours and hearsay when they don’t really know. Also -  the ‘real problem’?  Don’t insult my intelligence.

Its an interesting point.

If a friend tells you that they haven't been paid on time, how do you interpret that? Do you think,thats a fact or as I haven't analysed his bank account to prove it, its just hearsay and he/she is just rumour mongering.Strange how we interpret these facts/rumours differently, its all about agendas.

1 minute ago, laticsmarra said:

If a friend tells you that they haven't been paid on time, how do you interpret that? Do you think,thats a fact or as I haven't analysed his bank account to prove it, its just hearsay and he/she is just rumour mongering.Strange how we interpret these facts/rumours differently, its all about agendas.

It puts a slightly different slant on it though when of the 2 points made by the poster one has been shown to be completely false.

38 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

This ‘agenda’ thing is laughable. It’s all about opinions. Agenda implies manipulation, or people aren’t being honest with their opinion. 

If you believe AL deserves a chance, your opinion is formed around that. 

If you want AL out, then again your opinion is formed around that. 

Both views can be perfectly valid positions to take, and neither constitute an agenda, it’s just how the individual sees things. 

13 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

Good god i miss the days when all we talked about was how shit we were

agenda or not the vast majority of “in the know” are talking bollocks and as someone who’s worked there that is FACT

He says, with no evidence whatsoever.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:13 PM, super_blue said:

I thought they where in the hut as normal in the main stand lower near the toilets. 

19 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

It puts a slightly different slant on it though when of the 2 points made by the poster one has been shown to be completely false.

The Company that provides the paramedics had a crew in the hut, and the main team in front of the players seat. There were no St Johns first aiders either in the hut or at the other stations.  

Archived