Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Didn't Robert Maxwell once land on the pitch at BP in a helicopter?

Denis Law arrived by helicopter with the match ball once. He was a pundit on Granada Sunday Soccer that was going to show highlights 

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Looking like we will be playing in a league next season alongside Harrogate Town 

Let that sink in . . . . 

So it goes, up's and downs of football, they happen to be on the opposite one to us, hopefully a good day's drinking. 

On 8/2/2020 at 3:37 PM, disjointed said:

So it goes, up's and downs of football, they happen to be on the opposite one to us, hopefully a good day's drinking. 

home games at the keepmoat untill there pitch and ground improvments are ready apparently

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's what you call sponsorship, if non league clubs can do it why cant we?

We are delighted to announce an amazing new sponsorship deal of £750,000 across 5 years with Romanian-owned civil engineering company, SF Stefan. Massive thanks to the incredible Stefan Voloseniuc & all at SF Stefan for making this happen and securing FC Romania's future ! https://t.co/xJIdcNgbrP

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Now that's what you call sponsorship, if non league clubs can do it why cant we?

We are delighted to announce an amazing new sponsorship deal of £750,000 across 5 years with Romanian-owned civil engineering company, SF Stefan. Massive thanks to the incredible Stefan Voloseniuc & all at SF Stefan for making this happen and securing FC Romania's future ! https://t.co/xJIdcNgbrP

Don’t know what you mean - we had an historic sponsorship deal with Sports Direct.com that propelled us to the top end of League 1 (even though Corney later denied ever saying such a thing despite the video still being available on YouTube)

45 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Don’t know what you mean - we had an historic sponsorship deal with Sports Direct.com that propelled us to the top end of League 1 (even though Corney later denied ever saying such a thing despite the video still being available on YouTube)

If so where did the money go?  

I'm talking about a non league clubs initiative here while we stumble blindly from month to month.

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hmm.  Miraculously announced a week or so after it was announced the club (only formed in 2006 and with no ground of its own) would close.  I'd venture to guess that there is a connection between the owner/manager and the sponsor.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Hmm.  Miraculously announced a week or so after it was announced the club (only formed in 2006 and with no ground of its own) would close.  I'd venture to guess that there is a connection between the owner/manager and the sponsor.

It's a funny old game.

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If so where did the money go?  

I'm talking about a non league clubs initiative here while we stumble blindly from month to month.

The Sports Direct deal was not as lucrative as they expected it to be.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Quote from a Hull season ticket holder. 

Was the chairman when we first went up to Premier League in 2008 (not his money). Left the club on the brink of financial collapse a couple of years later. He has been trying to buy us back again recently via a consortium. Most Hull City fans would prefer him to our current owners, but only just. You’d probably end up with Phil Brown as manager

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Was the chairman when we first went up to Premier League in 2008 (not his money). Left the club on the brink of financial collapse a couple of years later. He has been trying to buy us back again recently via a consortium. Most Hull City fans would prefer him to our current owners, but only just. You’d probably end up with Phil Brown as manager

I’d take Phil Brown over Harry Kewell. 

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I could live with that.

The financial collapse bit is sadly the norm for us, so, what the hell, bring it on.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I think Hull may have got too big for him to run. Just like Ridsdale at Leeds and Mandric at Portsmouth. I think we are the type of club for someone like him to take forward to the championship for the opportunity of bigger investors. One can dream.:pray:

9 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

If a League 1 club like Wigan - who I think still own 85% of their stadium - is not worth £4m, how much is Latics worth?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54234369

What scares me, despite the fact Wigan's predicament was borne out of extraordinarily circumstances, is how doubtful I am we could even raise the £500k, never mind £700k.

13 minutes ago, singe said:

What scares me, despite the fact Wigan's predicament was borne out of extraordinarily circumstances, is how doubtful I am we could even raise the £500k, never mind £700k.

I remember a few weeks ago, a chap on Twitter run a poll and had over 100 respondents - think the lowest £ contribution stated was £1,000 and some were significantly higher. 

I don't reckon we could raise £500k overnight but maybe could attract pledges of around £150,000k - £200,000K and sell season tickets 2,000 @ £250 = £500,000K (season ticket holders who may return if the Lemmies go) 

Looks tough, probably pie in the sky but got to think positive IF we ever get the opportunity & Lemmies go

Archived