Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I remember a few weeks ago, a chap on Twitter run a poll and had over 100 respondents - think the lowest £ contribution stated was £1,000 and some were significantly higher. 

I don't reckon we could raise £500k overnight but maybe could attract pledges of around £150,000k - £200,000K and sell season tickets 2,000 @ £250 = £500,000K (season ticket holders who may return if the Lemmies go) 

Looks tough, probably pie in the sky but got to think positive IF we ever get the opportunity & Lemmies go

Big difference between saying you will on Twitter and actually doing so. We barely raised that much in 2004.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Big difference between saying you will on Twitter and actually doing so. We barely raised that much in 2004.

Agree Dave, its just that I genuinely think we are nearing the time when we might seriously have to do it. I do think that there are a significant number of people who have recently (over Lemmies regime) stopped coming but would commit to buy season tickets, i know perhaps 20 myself from speaking to people end of last season. Also there was this poll o Twitter - think it was NDL or someone - where 100+ respondents said they would commit £1000+ I think. 

A lot of long standing supporters such as myself now have much less financial commitments than we did in 2004 and maybe persuaded to commit to the cause of stopping Latics going to the wall (as long as Lemmies are gone). 

This is only a straw poll and my best scenario projection but I know PTB have much better communication channels than either me or the club come to think of it and a concerted effort might pay dividends (not literally lol) ?     

30 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Agree, and Twitter has more fantasists than that "Realistic fans" Facebook group

Might be put to the test soon Chaddy - you are probably right but we'll have to see 

I think Twitter has more well meaning fantasists than the Realistic Fans FB group    

44 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Certainly worth our Trust or PTB or whoever making contact with Wrexham counterparts to see how this interest came about?           

And they have just gone through a very toxic AGM...oh dear ours tomorrow.

Now that Ryan bloke does occassionally like my FB post on Hugh Jackman's page..hmm.

Oh Ryan...come up North instead my love.

12 hours ago, JoeP said:

Euromillions is £119 million on Friday...

I'm on to it..expect my take over with a return to the traditional blue and white broad striped shirt and Big Joe's exciting 1990 tactics. 😀

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm on to it..expect my take over with a return to the traditional blue and white broad striped shirt and Big Joe's exciting 1990 tactics. 😀

You're planning on meddling in team affairs??

😜

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Buy the entire ground.

Appoint LJ manager (and give him full control).

Replace at least one board member. 

Three easy steps to get us back on track.... Euromillions win pending. 

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

Buy the entire ground.

Appoint LJ manager (and give him full control).

Replace at least one board member. 

Three easy steps to get us back on track.... Euromillions win pending. 

With £119 million in the bank I'd hope we could do better than The Poisoned Dwarf.

If Wrexham can attract RR, surely there must be a Hollywood A-Lister or two that we could appeal to? Especially given the proud history of Oldham Rep !

6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

With £119 million in the bank I'd hope we could do better than The Poisoned Dwarf.

If Wrexham can attract RR, surely there must be a Hollywood A-Lister or two that we could appeal to? Especially given the proud history of Oldham Rep !

Take your pick..although we might need the help of some looking down on us..

https://m.ranker.com/list/oldham-tv-actors-from-here/reference

37 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Possibly. Not sure how many Hollywood A-Listers would know their way around managing a team out of League Two, though. 

That said, they might be able to sign Sylvester Stallone to play in goal. After an iffy start, he was brilliant in that friendly against the Germans in France...

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Possibly. Not sure how many Hollywood A-Listers would know their way around managing a team out of League Two, though. 

That said, they might be able to sign Sylvester Stallone to play in goal. After an iffy start, he was brilliant in that friendly against the Germans in France...

Sly would no doubt provide some badly needed muscle in midfield, though pace might be a problem now.

We may have to look to musicians. Are the Courteeners multi-millionaires yet?

Archived