Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

.... forgetting that fans are 'boycotting' the whateveritscalledthisyear trophy, it'll make for an interesting night on Tuesday at ISZ all the same!

in fact that's a point, I wonder if laddo will change the name back to Boundary Park, tell Ashley to do one ... kick the great unwashed out of the Chaddy End and re open the Latique? lol

And bring back the early 1960s kit while he's at it.

1 minute ago, frizzell54 said:

Sorry folks I think this is all hot air provoked by a Corney interview that essentially said nothing was agreed.  I fear this time next week we will have no take over, nor investment and no more points.

Looking like a likely scenario this. I'm not going to read too much into what has been said here although the rumours so far aren't positive ones which concerns me.

12 hours ago, Andy b said:

Who have been out 10 most successful players since being relegated to league 1?   the vast majority have good solid league 1 (and above) experience I would guess - eyres, shez, Murray, warne, Clarke etc.  There are exceptions but we will not build a team made up of youngsters from the prem. we need experienced players. look at the shit we have had from city in the last 5 yrs. It worries me every time we sign a 20 year old from a prem club who hasn't made it. They are generally duffers. 

Exactly, that's what Chesterfield tried last season. Shez knows that, but I expect they come for free, or at most very cheap, because the Prem. clubs want to see how they cope.

If a takeover doesn't happen now and signings all lined up, we will go down with a record low number of points I would imagine.

How this shower of shite squad has seen us breach FFP I will never know. Incredibly bad financial management by the club.

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looking like a likely scenario this. I'm not going to read too much into what has been said here although the rumours so far aren't positive ones which concerns me.

Wouldn't surprise me either, as said previously though, he has dangled a huge carrot in front of fans when we are at an all time low. For that not to materialise now would be like pressing a self destruct button.

Surely he knew this and must have had no doubts the investment/takeover would happen in time?? Although Corney does seem to struggle with looking further on than hand to mouth and the longer term repercussions of what he says/does. 

35 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

If a takeover doesn't happen now and signings all lined up, we will go down with a record low number of points I would imagine.

Really? 

If it falls through today or tomorrow, then we sign Byrne and a proper No. 1 and everything just settles down for Shez to get on with it with no distractions I think we'll be fine....

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Really? 

If it falls through today or tomorrow, then we sign Byrne and a proper No. 1 and everything just settles down for Shez to get on with it with no distractions I think we'll be fine....

Has it not gone beyond that now?

Looks like the clubs Wikipedia page has been altered! 

Full name Oldham Athletic Association Football Club

Nickname(s) Oldham Pathetic

Founded1895; 122 years ago, as Pine Villa F.C.

Ground Boundary Park

Capacity 13,512 [2]

Chairman Abdallah Lemsagam

Manager Abdallah Lemsagam

LeagueLeague One but play like a Scottish Div 3 side.

2016–17 League One, 17th

Think this will be the straw that broke the camels back for the fans if this is hot air from Corney. Fans are really starting to finally turn on the way the clubs run and can see more fans on the pitch at games, more hateful songs towards players, owners etc, objects thrown onto the pitch like at Charlton, instead of beach balls hope its darts and bowling balls 

6 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Surely he knew this and must have had no doubts the investment/takeover would happen in time?? Although Corney does seem to struggle with looking further on than hand to mouth and the longer term repercussions of what he says/does. 

We supporters are nothing more than an irritation, tolerated so long as enough go sit in that shit new unfinished stand and pay more monies over before and after the matches. The facilities are piss poor, access is terrible and the viewing position much too low. But it probably doubles the take from the low number of stalwarts who are still attending. Pay up and shut up.   And be eternally grateful.

7 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

We supporters are nothing more than an irritation, tolerated so long as enough go sit in that shit new unfinished stand 

You fucking HATE the North Stand don't you. 

I don't think any man has ever directed such anger towards an inanimate object before....

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

I've seen it mentioned that this investor is at training all the time. I've watched them train quite a bit over the past few weeks and never seen him there...

Hang on - could it not have been him that you thought was Jose Baxter?

He's insisting on having a kickabout aswell :lol:

12 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Looks like the clubs Wikipedia page has been altered! 

Full name Oldham Athletic Association Football Club

Nickname(s) Oldham Pathetic

Founded1895; 122 years ago, as Pine Villa F.C.

Ground Boundary Park

Capacity 13,512 [2]

Chairman Abdallah Lemsagam

Manager Abdallah Lemsagam

LeagueLeague One but play like a Scottish Div 3 side.

2016–17 League One, 17th

Yeah I couldn't resist.

Archived