Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

The club and the Trust aren't on speaking terms - That's a fact 

Regardless if trust and corney aren't on the greatest of terms.  Your trust rep sits on the board and as a business we have a stake in, we are obliged to be notified if there is a serious offer to buy/invest on the table., as well as the ACV to back this up too.

Now I don't know all the regulations but I'm sure the club can't be sold/invested in until some necessary background checks have been done to see if they are fit and proper to own/invest in a club. We  don't want to go down the route of Other clubs. Alledgedly this chap who has been named is an agent?has agent connections? So then there are EFL rules on this too, I belive it's a no no.

i have been away for a few days, but as far as I am aware, the Trust has not been advised yet of anything concrete. But like you said the Trust relationship with the owner is strained, so strained we weren't aware of an embargo and we usually get the heads up on this...not that I doubt corney but how do you check if your club is under an embargo?..EFL?

As fans we have got to think about all this stuff going on and how it effects all the staff both on and off the pitch, it can't be good.

have we hit an watershed with  patience with Corney as fans and trust? We can't surely continue like this? Is fans ownership an option? We need cash to do it then there are all the legal obligations surround running a business.

its a never ending descending circle that all parties can't be happy with.

I can assure you your Trust directors are in regular contact and are monitoring the situation and concerns from the terraces too.

1 minute ago, rigsby said:

As expected nothing to report today.

One thing is for sure, corneys going to be engulfed in a shit storm if its all hot air, i suspect the fans (lemmings aside) have pretty much had enough.

Not really. 

Even most piss boilers will be placated by a solid 3 points against Charlton 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Not really. 

I think you are underestimating the level of discontent personally.

FWIW i dont think there will be any win against charlton either,

5 hours ago, Midsblue said:

He hasn't stated OAFC.  On that thread you've got other fans suggested their own clubs.  

Tinges of Shirley Ghostman "insight" - would be well in with some of the "in the know" on here including that JP bloke who claimed we were conducted recruitment upstairs in an estate agents

A side note here, but we definitely interviewed candidates for our managerial job in the offices of Ryder and Dutton. Think it was the year Daz Kelly got the gig...

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Ex Ajax manager and Chelsea & Barcelona assistant Henk ten Cate in as manager. Currently at Al Jazira 

Last heard of as being under investigation for some unspecified dodgy dealings... 

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Not really. 

4 minutes ago, rigsby said:

I think you are underestimating the level of discontent personally.

FWIW i dont think there will be any win against charlton either,

It was an extremely risky move to announce details before it was signed, so that makes me think some sort of deposit has been put down.

I've sat in the camp that until some offers are in, then we should not sell to just anyone, lots of examples from Leeds to Leyton Orient and back by way of example.

We know he wants to sell, so it is not like Oyston at Blackpool,and so clamours and calls for Corney Out have remained sporadic.

By announcing it, and the risk of it falling through , he risks the calls becoming all encompassing,
But the way he did it is pretty much opposite of the way he has dealt with things for the past decade, so he must be pretty confident of completion IMHO.

28 minutes ago, underdog said:

Regardless if trust and corney aren't on the greatest of terms.  Your trust rep sits on the board and as a business we have a stake in, we are obliged to be notified if there is a serious offer to buy/invest on the table., as well as the ACV to back this up too.

Now I don't know all the regulations but I'm sure the club can't be sold/invested in until some necessary background checks have been done to see if they are fit and proper to own/invest in a club. We  don't want to go down the route of Other clubs. Alledgedly this chap who has been named is an agent?has agent connections? So then there are EFL rules on this too, I belive it's a no no.

i have been away for a few days, but as far as I am aware, the Trust has not been advised yet of anything concrete. But like you said the Trust relationship with the owner is strained, so strained we weren't aware of an embargo and we usually get the heads up on this...not that I doubt corney but how do you check if your club is under an embargo?..EFL?

As fans we have got to think about all this stuff going on and how it effects all the staff both on and off the pitch, it can't be good.

have we hit an watershed with  patience with Corney as fans and trust? We can't surely continue like this? Is fans ownership an option? We need cash to do it then there are all the legal obligations surround running a business.

I can assure you your Trust directors are in regular contact and are monitoring the situation and concerns from the terraces too.

Cheers for the update Tracey, I appreciate it is less official and more personal point of view,

I do think that the current situation cannot continue for the Trust. It's not worth the paper it is written on. No notification of impending deal means all trust has been lost on both sides.

The fact we know very little of the potential new owner, other than issues surrounding legaility and possible interference in player available suggest alarm bells already.
I suspect the Trust shares will be devalued and relegated anyway, if not sold.

But, I do feel the Trust has a future, I just think it is best served creating it's own pot to be used as a safety net, should the worst happen, and I'd support the Trust more than I currently do were that to happen.

Keep the ownership but put all energies in raising and Emergency Rescue funds.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Would have thought he'd got bigger things on this week...

Ah, so maybe that Twitter account is not him then? Did you mean physically unable to tweet or other things to occupy his thoughts?

30 minutes ago, singe said:

Cheers for the update Tracey, I appreciate it is less official and more personal point of view,

I do think that the current situation cannot continue for the Trust. It's not worth the paper it is written on. No notification of impending deal means all trust has been lost on both sides.

The face we know very little of the potential new owner, other than issues surrounding legaility and possible interference in player available suggest alarm bells already.
I suspect the Trust shares will be devalued and relegated anyway, if not sold.

But, I do feel the Trust has a future, I just think it is best served creating it's own pot to be used as a safety net, should the worst happen, and I'd support the Trust more than I currently do were that to happen.

Keep the ownership but put all energies in raising and Emergency Rescue funds.

Cheers singe for your thoughts...it's a unique positions to be in, fans having a share at board level of their team. But then it gets complicated as there is stuff at board level that only rightly so, the board of OAFC should know how good, bad or ugly it down right is. 

Then there is stuff we the Trust are entitled to know and how damn right frustrating it can be to get the information if not we, but your trust rep is legally entitled  to know and has been pushing for and is not getting the answers too or in a timely manner, or professional manner either.

I know it's done and dusted, but part of the scoreboard income would have helped to boost the war chest, that's why we pushed is as much a we did to get it over the line. We are looking at hosting other events over the season, but again we are in a holding pattern as it's hard to hold events when the chips are down and footy ain't good.

its a fine line between what we know, get to know and how we act upon the information...some stuff makes my hair curl but other people on the trust board say that's the norm or it's okay for now..when those business folk/professionals start to get concerned, the I am sure we will get something out there.

for the moment, all I can say is that we have not been officially advised of any investment/take over...however, there's enough stuff out there to say something's afoot...but what it is is another matter.

Is100% fan ownership a possibility? It's not like we haven't discussed it, but it's finding the money, then all the companies house stuff on the legality/responsibilities of being a business which makes my head whirl...

i just wanted to say we all use social media and we are registering/monitoring fans concerns and of course any impact on staff at the club too

Tis never a dull moment at OAFC....and I seem to have hijacked the rumours thread..apologise folks.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Ex Ajax manager and Chelsea & Barcelona assistant Henk ten Cate in as manager. Currently at Al Jazira 

dodgy translation :)

SC Heracles '74 [ edit ]

In July 1985 Ten Cate extended his contract with Go Ahead Eagles for another year, but during the season he, under coach Nico van Zoghel , was no longer eligible for a place in the first team. [10] In October 1985, he left for SC Heracles '74 , which was in the First Division . [11] In March 1986, Ten Cate was the subject of a riot, when he refused to be an invasion, he did not change the sporting suit, because he did not want to be in his dug-out in his "bare buttocks". After that he was sent away by trainer Gerard Somer . [12] After a conversation he was again taken in mercy. [13]

All I know for sure is my beloved club consistently invents spectacular new ways to muck things up. They seem to get increasingly spectacular every time. 

If things go to trend, we're set for an absolute belter. 

If not, I'll be pleased and surprised. 

We can only wait and see - and that's the part I dislike the most... 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

"Fan ownership"

Yeah, its it's an option if you fancy dropping a few levels. By "few", I of course mean a lot. The cut of our cloth would be savage. 

Why do do you assume rumour of a takeover isn't good for staff morale? Very odd (typically negative) stance. It could just as easily be a massive boost. 

By the way. Not sure what the Trust can add here. If any new owner/part owner passes fit and proper tests then who are the Trust to attempt to block and how are they qualified to even proffer an opinion.  I'm genuinely interested in the latter part of that sentence. 

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

"Fan ownership"

Yeah, its it's an option if you fancy dropping a few levels. By "few", I of course mean a lot. The cut of our cloth would be savage. 

Whh do do you assume rumour of a takeover isn't good for staff morale? Very odd stance. It could just as easily be a massive boost. 

By the way. Not sure what the Trust can add here. If any new owner/part owner passes fit and proper tests then who are the Trust to attempt to block and how are they qualified to even proffer an opinion.  I'm genuinely interested in the latter part of that sentence. 

Hi, like I say we have discussed it but there were several factors at the time were not in our favour for fan ownership...several million to be honest was one of them

staff morale...Maybe I have been presumptuous as I know uncertainty or reassurances can have  a negative effect when there is a possible change. If  announced then it's more clear cut

With regards to blocking the sale, I don't think I said the trust would. In fact I am sure we would welcome a new owner who has passed all legal/business/fit to owner ...stuff they have to jump through to prove for a business and EFL 

We watch and hope...

I currently don't believe proper investment or a takeover are imminent. My prediction - we will make a couple of make do and mend signings this week which the owners will claim we have stretched ourselves to secure and we will be told that's yer lot and that we should count ourselves lucky for being in league 1 etc etc. 

i believe nothing that is spouted in those interviews.

Archived