Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If as suggested this deal has collapsed we're almost certainly heading for yet another shite season and I have a strong feeling that this time it will definitely not end well.

Well its still conjecture but theres no smoke without fire.

I wpuldnt be suprised if TTA are asking for too much dollar.would anyone?

Most likely scenarios for me are either Abdallah has pissed off the staff and Corney by seeming to bring in a load of shite foreign trialists

or

Abdallah has got fucking nowhere near the capital he probably claimed he had and has failed to come up with the money.

Whatever happens at this stage, I think most of us are in agreement that Corney needs to go and soon. The club is going to die under his stewardship.

Anyone got Richard Branson's number?

6 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Most likely scenarios for me are either Abdallah has pissed off the staff and Corney by seeming to bring in a load of shite foreign trialists

or

Abdallah has got fucking nowhere near the capital he probably claimed he had and has failed to come up with the money.

Whatever happens at this stage, I think most of us are in agreement that Corney needs to go and soon. The club is going to die under his stewardship.

Anyone got Richard Branson's number?

At the end of the day its all conjecture.

But i do agree wholeheartedly about the second last sentence. The club IS dying under his stewardship, well not just his, the other two are involved still, but they certainy are NOT involved for the good of OAFC.

EDIT: it will be interesting to see corney squirm his way out of this one if the rumours of no deal are accurate,

You need to be very wary of believing stuff from Nixon. He has got some things spit on but it must be considered that he follows Ibby. There is no way of knowing how many of his comments are based on things he is picking up from him. When you consider that he follows less than 100 people on Twitter it is apparent that Ibby's ramblings will be pretty prominent on his timeline. Whether consciously or unconsciously he will be picking up info from him and that can quite easily become "fact".

1 minute ago, Latics and England said:

You need to be very wary of believing stuff from Nixon. He has got some things spit on but it must be considered that he follows Ibby. There is no way of knowing how many of his comments are based on things he is picking up from him. When you consider that he follows less than 100 people on Twitter it is apparent that Ibby's ramblings will be pretty prominent on his timeline. Whether consciously or unconsciously he will be picking up info from him and that can quite easily become "fact".

Thats very true, its all going to come out in the wash anyway, soon.

2 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

Exactly everyone just needs to take a deep breath and wait for the happy statement or  the ffs here we go statement 

August 31st 2017 is officially D-Day for many. 

My prediction is total silence from the club* and yet another example of Corneys inability to anticipate the consequence of his actions/words. 

*Except for a shit web story about a new sock sponsor.

29 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

Surely he ain't that stupid...

38 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

100% agree.

The way he dealt with the Ten Cate rumour is classic journo.
Made a little joke about it, so now if it comes true, people will beleive he was onto it. Yet he was answering a question where someone else raised it

He also releases teasers earlier than Matt Chambers would be allowed to get away with, and would not want to upset the club too much,  but are embargoed news.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm glad the Trust is in there protecting our interests :scarf001: (only kidding) 

Anyone else getting the Administration vibe or will we be drip fed some pennies to keep the life support going.

I think the video was pretty clear, he can't or won't fund the club any more (cue a queue of folk lining up to say he doesn't anyway etc etc ??)

39 minutes ago, singe said:

100% agree.

The way he dealt with the Ten Cate rumour is classic journo.
Made a little joke about it, so now if it comes true, people will beleive he was onto it. Yet he was answering a question where someone else raised it

He also releases teasers earlier than Matt Chambers would be allowed to get away with, and would not want to upset the club too much,  but are embargoed news.

Alan Nixon: i'll see your Top Cat and raise you an Officer Drivel

8 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Alan Nixon Replying to @Tommy_Bostock

Anything possible right now. Top Cat could be coming not Ten Cate.

Alan Nixon Replying to @Tommy_Bostock

Some odd happenings. Club in real trouble here.

Seems to me that yer man Abdallah is not going to be the saviour after all.

Extremely worrying after the whole  ''Some of the fantasists who try to buy football clubs ?'' Tweet from Nixon
Administration? Has Corney leaned on the prospect of Abdullah too much and it appears to have fallen? Nothing a good CLUB STATEMENT can't solve...
Shame the club is obsessed with secrecy 

It's time. 

Bring out the fleece...

4 minutes ago, PatchLatics said:

Statement from Trust Oldham in today's @OldhamChronicle regarding the ongoing mystery over the potential investor. #oafc

From Matt Chambers on Twitter.

Surely the Trust should publish this to us before the Chron?

By us do you mean the small percentage of OAFC fans who hang around on OWTB? I think the Chron's audience is slightly larger for getting a suitable message out.

Archived