Holloway

Bar his immense chest trap skills is there anything else the former Wycombe reserve brings to the team? I've never seen a 'striker' so uninterested in trying to score. Appalling again tonight in the areas that matter.

Cannot see how we can start a man who offers no threat when we score so little. The midfield didn't do too badly tonight with Gardner and Byrne creating but he was still invisible in and around their box.

Yep. Think I agree with this one.

Can be the best in the world at holding the ball up but its pretty pointless in a team like this and if you do nothing with the ball afterwards.

Besides, he spends half of some games whinging at the referee and sulking when it doesn't go his way.

20 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

He's always been shit. It's just taken a season and a half for people to realise it.

I wish it was him that got released and not Glackin

Holloway isn't great and absolutely zero goal threat but Glackin looked a complete fish out of water in his first team appearances last season - jumping for a ball 3 feet behind him was cringeworthy

Just googled it and it's even worse 9 goals in 107 career appearances.... I genuinely believe there's several people who post on here who would score more than that. The aim of a football match is to win, to win you have to score goals. 

We just about coped last season because our defence was immense and we had Ripley, but this season we need to score some bloody goals 

24 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

He's always been shit. It's just taken a season and a half for people to realise it.

I wish it was him that got released and not Glackin

Some people did not take a season and a half to realise it ...but they lust got dog's abuse for mentioning it

Talk of him being a fraud is well off the mark however there does become a point when a striker has to score goals. As terrible a side as we are, which is likely to effect a target man more than anybody else, you still feel like if he was fed chances the goals return would be very poor. For a cultured player who can play with the ball on the floor he should be so much more composed in front of goal.

Time to take him out of the side, I agree. We've also been too reliant on his aerial abilities. This season has been an exhibition of hoofball so far. Byrne should counterbalance that, and you also feel the exclusion of Holloway would discourage it as well. Unfortunately a replacement isn't obvious with the start Duffus has made. It's a lot of pressure on Davies to be the man having not scored regular goals for donkeys.

Edited by NewBlue

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

Only way he can be in the team is if we have lots of runners from midfield which we do not have so doomed to fail would not be in my team.

Precisely. He should be used to press the defence back and create space and chances for 3 midfielders to run into. He'd probably score a few himself with that. With Byrne and Gardner in we could do with more of a Curtis Maine to run through onto passes.

Holloway was a good striker for us when we we had the players around him that clicked,  the ball would always stick up top for us with him and Main and they'd both work there socks off, Holloway would lay it onto someone else i.e. Palmer who would create for us further up the pitch it seems Holloway has been found out now, referees have also stopped giving him free kicks, he's never scored goals shame really it's not working out at the minute because he can be a decent player at his best. It just seems he's fighting a losing battle with no support coming from his teammates.

The first time I've seen him actually look mobile was the move for the goal at Blackpool Saturday. Found himself in acres just by playing along the line instead of standing waiting for it to hit his chest, which he got bullied for most of the game. He still missed the chance mind...

15 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

I'll give him an assist at Blackpool.

Getting on yo the ball over the top might be a strength.  Maybe we should play him in more often.

Hard to play him in when he's hiding on the half way line. Chest trap, iffy pass, stand still / drift wide. He never lays off and goes towards the goal. Puts all the pressure on his partner to get the goals.

Why isn't Tope playing? Is he injured? Looked a real goal threat last season.