Team v Charlton

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect Placide, Byrne, Doyle and Bryan to start.

Could do with some pace and energy at the back as well.

Placide

McLaughlin

Wilson

Clarke

Gerrard

Hunt

Gardner

Bryan

Byrne

Doyle

Davies

I expect that, although I'd rather we saw Stott play in one of the centre back places.

Edited by NewBlue

30 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Expect Placide, Byrne, Doyle and Bryan to start.

Could do with some pace and energy at the back as well.

Placide

McLaughlin

Wilson

Clarke

Gerrard

Hunt

Gardner

Bryan

Byrne

Doyle

Davies

I expect that, although I'd rather we saw Stott play in one of the centre back places.

Isn't Ryan Mc on int duty? 

He probably has, and i have probably not registered it but has Sheridan said what formation he'd go preferably go with this season?

From the past i think he prefers 2 up top but not sure if he said he likes wing backs or flat back 4.

Looking at the squad would say we are more suited to wing backs but just seem to have a crippling lack of pace in the centre back positions. So would probably go with Markspark92 team above but move Bryan to cb and maybe an odd one but think Edmondson would do a job as a defensive centre mid

Just now, OL9erlatic said:

He probably has, and i have probably not registered it but has Sheridan said what formation he'd go preferably go with this season?

From the past i think he prefers 2 up top but not sure if he said he likes wing backs or flat back 4.

Looking at the squad would say we are more suited to wing backs but just seem to have a crippling lack of pace in the centre back positions. So would probably go with Markspark92 team above but move Bryan to cb and maybe an odd one but think Edmondson would do a job as a defensive centre mid

Bryan will be used as a holding midfielder I should think.

No idea as to what formation we will use Sat, hope its not 3 at the back.  

Would try Placide as he couldnt be worse than Wilson.

Rb B.Wilson- rather he play cb with Clarke

Cbs Gerrard and Clarke, if fit seems these two will play, i would play Clarke and another as we were better when Gerrard went of vs Blackpool

Lb Hunt

Rm Mantack

Dm Bryan

Cm Byrne

Lm The Belgian

Am Gardner

Fc Doyle

If Belgian not fit, move Mantack to rb, Wilson to cb for Gerrard, Gardner to cm 3, doyle, Holloway (has to come good at some point) and Osei because he played well 2nd half last week up top

9 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Going off current injuries

Placide 

Mantack

Wilson 

Clarke

Gerrard

Hunt

Bryan

Gardner

Bryne 

Doyle 

Holloway  

Bench

Wilson

Fawns

Fane 

Banks

Osei

Edmunson 

I would imagine that will be the team. Unless Green is fit, then he might play 4-4-2 and Green in for Mantack

Kind of depends who is fit from the existing squad and whether the players signed are fit.

Agree the change of goal keeper as I assume Placide is the long term number 2 with his two year contract.

As suggested by someone on here GK the Belgium hasn't lasted very long - less than a game and is reportedly out with a torn muscle for 12 weeks.  I hope it is less.

Where I do agree is that one of Stott or Edmundson should play CB particularly if it is the three I would prefer.

I would like a striker up front but I have yet to be convinced we have one.  Doyle please please please prove me wrong.

37 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I am thinking Osei might start ahead of Holloway as he's looked very lively on the last couple of games.

You could argue he deserves to stay in. Shez is the type to not drop his only striker who's scored until another one scores too.

That said Doyle adds more movement so might do well alongside Holloway....

Off the current injuries and judging by none of them being back I'd go with the following:

Placide

Wilson-----Clarke-----Gerrard-----Hunt

----------------------Bryan-------------------

-----------Gardner----------Fane---------

----------------------Byrne--------------------

------------Holloway--------Doyle----------

Subs:

Wilson

Mantack

Fawns

Banks

Osei

Edmundson

Uche

Based on Tuesday, I think it'll be just the two changes. Shez was 'relatively' happy and despite being powderpuff up top, the passing in midfield was better. Banks again found himself getting stick but was far better than a lot of the blinkered fans saw (I am not a fan of the lad, especially defensively) and complemented Gardner and particularly Byrne, who will excite and supply Doyle. Fawns unlucky for me and Osei is far too limited to be with a league club (yes I know he's young but don't see what he brings).

Wilson

Wilson Clarke Gerrard Hunt

(narrow) Byrne Byran Banks Gardner

Doyle Holloway

McLaughlin in wide right for Banks when he's back. Hoping and praying Doyle can utilise Holloway and actually give us a chance of reacting inside the box.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I am thinking Osei might start ahead of Holloway as he's looked very lively on the last couple of games.

He scored a goal which is obviously worth an argument but barring that he's been very very average. Played as well as he can on Tuesday IMO and still rightfully taken off. Holloway offers so much more but must be more decisive around the box and do a bit less leaning as the refs are wising up very quickly in games.