Queensy Menig

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Going off his highlights, if we have signed him and we get the ball to him, he could win us the league single handedly.

Didn't we have a similar situation with some Hungarians a few years ago, which didn't work out?

Queensy Menig continues his career at Oldham Athletic. The 22-year-old attacker leaves from Ajax to FC Nantes from coach Claudio Ranieri, who rents him directly to the club from the League One in England.

Many of the Amsterdammers were still rented to PEC Zwolle last year, which he did well. At Ajax he had another contract until 2019, but his role was played out. There was a lot of interest from home and abroad, including PEC, but for now it is now the third level of England for the time being.
Oldham Athletic rents him directly from the Nantes of Ranieri. The experienced Italian made a furore by conquering the English country title with Leicester City, but had to leave a season later when the results fell. Nantes is picking up after a bad season start: it lost the first two league games, but then scored four points against Troyes and Olympique Lyon.
Menig will, however, not contribute this season to the French team's performance, but will soon report to Oldham. The team is currently the foremost in the League One.

Taken from Dutch website seems as though it's a done deal

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Is that from the Sun, which Alan Nixon on Twitter is from the same paper?!

If he has signed on loan then I'm uncertain why he can't be named or fielded in the team.  Appreciate he may be here due to Abdullah but if he has signed then unsure why the takeover will delay him playing - he's signed and legible or he hasn't signed?!

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

Is that from the Sun, which Alan Nixon on Twitter is from the same paper?!

If he has signed on loan then I'm uncertain why he can't be named or fielded in the team.  Appreciate he may be here due to Abdullah but if he has signed then unsure why the takeover will delay him playing - he's signed and legible or he hasn't signed?!

How long does international clearance take

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How long does international clearance take

Good point.  Nixon claims he was due here today as a triallist for the Everton match but didn't turn up.  Why a triallist if he's here on loan.

Strange thing about Nixon.  Seems to have a very keen interest in Oldham, regularly posting about us and follows Ibby.  If he wasn't a reporter for The Sun and authenticated on Twitter I wouldn't be surprised if he was a regular poster on here!

45 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Good point.  Nixon claims he was due here today as a triallist for the Everton match but didn't turn up.  Why a triallist if he's here on loan.

Strange thing about Nixon.  Seems to have a very keen interest in Oldham, regularly posting about us and follows Ibby.  If he wasn't a reporter for The Sun and authenticated on Twitter I wouldn't be surprised if he was a regular poster on here!

He gets a lot right but I'd question the reliability of his Oldham 'source' given that last Thursday he tweeted "not a chance" when asked if we might be in for Doyle about an hour before his signing was announced.

Given that Nantes have announced the loan and it was reported he'd signed on Thursday by transfermarkt and others (I.e. before the deadline), I'm not sure how that could be reversed if there's been a change of plan.

It's unusual that this has been reported by his parent club but not through any official channels here.

I'd like to think that our prospective buyer is holding back the announcement (of what looks like a shit-hot player) to coincide with his takeover.

More likely the deal's gone tits-up though.