Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-9-7 at 5:55 PM, Diego_Sideburns said:

One for The Athleticos:

Menig Menig
Do doo be-do-do
Menig Menig
Do do-do do
Menig Menig
Do doo de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCqkR5qioD4

Beat me to it!!!

Send him victorious

Skillful and glorious 

He'll always score for us

God save our Queen-SEEEE

Well shez is very keen, in th eunlikely event itwas not one of his signings, if you go by what he said to Matt Chambers.

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ 17m17 minutes ago

A few people have enquired about Queensy Menig, not having seen him in action yet, so I asked Shez about him. #oafc

JS: "He hasn't played a lot of football. His last game was in June, though he has been training. He has good things in his locker..." #oafc

1 reply 0 retweets 6 likes

JS: "He looks an exciting player. We'll try to get him involved as quickly as we can while making sure that it's at the right time.” #oafc

1:46 PM - 15 Sep 2017

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Disciplined and dropped to the bench for the Rochdale game after refusing to play for the reserves in a behind-closed-doors friendly, according to today's M.E.N.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Chambers_/status/932983507084857345

Gave a good account of himself as substitute last Saturday, Byrne seemed the stroppy one.

34 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Disciplined and dropped to the bench for the Rochdale game after refusing to play for the reserves in a behind-closed-doors friendly, according to today's M.E.N.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Chambers_/status/932983507084857345

Think that was a blessing in disguise. Reasonable cameo when he came on but needs to do so much more.

The guy got 9 goals in the Eredivisie last season from 30odd starts. No wonder he might be seeing his arse having to play for the reserves of a 3rd tier English team. 

I get where he is coming from for all that the Eredivisie is a terrible league and he is still looks very raw.

I’d say his best performance has been at MK Dons away, a big pitch with lots of space to run into.

When you see the goals he scored last season in Holland he was playing up front and running into lots of space behind defences.

1) As we dominate possession we don’t play that way.

2) He won’t start up front whilst Doyle is with us.

3) The size of the pitch at BP is almost too small to suit his strengths

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

The guy got 9 goals in the Eredivisie last season from 30odd starts. No wonder he might be seeing his arse having to play for the reserves of a 3rd tier English team. 

I get where he is coming from for all that the Eredivisie is a terrible league and he is still looks very raw.

I’d say his best performance has been at MK Dons away, a big pitch with lots of space to run into.

When you see the goals he scored last season in Holland he was playing up front and running into lots of space behind defences.

1) As we dominate possession we don’t play that way.

2) He won’t start up front whilst Doyle is with us.

3) The size of the pitch at BP is almost too small to suit his strengths

Regardless of where he played last season if Wellens believes he's not at full fitness then he's within his right to ask Menig to play in the reserves and Menig as a professional should oblige, especially if it's purely for fitness reasons. It's essentially a bit of extra training. 

When Menig is fully fit and at his best I'm sure Wellens knows he's too good to be playing reserve football. 

Edited by PlayItLivo

There is the small matter of him being pretty rank so far preventing him getting a start.

The lad needs to put a lot more effort in for me.

It's one thing having a cool name but, plenty of hard work and making the most of your natural ability makes a good footballer.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He must be wondering what he is doing with us, all very odd.

That’s very true.

He crops up on Fane’s Instagram a lot at what appears to be the middle of the night UK time so he’s probably not living the ideal lifestyle to get up to speed