The ref and refs in general

Appalling today. Worst in a very long time. Fanes first yellow wasn't even a foul. 

Ruined a great game of football. We were knackered come 90 mins. Charlton expected a walk over but got a real game of football.

You know though the efl will do sod all about it. It's about time the entertainment side of the game was considered. If it was for violence or blatant dirty tackles I could take it but today he got a red for 2 tackles another ref would probable award 1 free kick. People pay money to have 1 prick in the middle ruin it. It's not just that he gave more cards than Clinton's. Tosser 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the lack of accountability with refs that really gets me... Anyone who criticises them gets disciplined (within the game).

Im also sick of hearing "they've got a tough job"... So have brain surgeons but if, through incompetence a brain surgeon turned somone into a vegetable I'd expect some consequences for that incompetence 

Whilst Fane is a sending off in waiting, the second yellow today was on the back of a low challenge by both players and the ball simply flying up and hitting the 20 in the kisser. 

Witness the 20 walking to the touch line smirking knowing he had conned him was equally to blame.

However the ref just got worse and worse witnessed by Clarkes booking and trying to even things by booking 3 of theirs in last 5 minutes.

any faith in the assessor- I guess not.

Edited by mossleyblue

Whilst Fane is a sending off waiting to happen the second yellow today was as a result of a low challenge by both players and the ball flying up to hit the 20 in the kisser.

witness the 20 walking to the touch line smirking knowing he had conned the ref.

the ref just got worse witnessed by Clarkes booking and then trying even things up booking three of theirs in the last 5 minutes. The new Mark Clattenburg.

Any faith in the assessors - don't hold your breath

Whats annoying about these situations with the ref is that not only will nothing get done after ruining what could have been a great game but they get rewarded as well.

This clown had a nightmare last week where he booked 10 players in the Luton v Mansfield match in league 2,  reward for that shocking performance is a game in league 1.

Imagine a ref performance like that in the premier league !!!!!, yes demotion for a few weeks and re training.

They should bring in a sin bin where 2 bookings like Fanes are given 10 min there and not ruining the game altogether.

The FL is struggling with crowds and having idiots in charge like him wont do anything to get people back, this is supposedly an entertainment industry not a Refs ego society.

Edited by losesome

36 minutes ago, losesome said:

Whats annoying about these situations with the ref is that not only will nothing get done after ruining what could have been a great game but they get rewarded as well.

This clown had a nightmare last week where he booked 10 players in the Luton v Mansfield match in league 2,  reward for that shocking performance is a game in league 1.

Imagine a ref performance like that in the premier league !!!!!, yes demotion for a few weeks and re training.

They should bring in a sin bin where 2 bookings like Fanes are given 10 min there and not ruining the game altogether.

The FL is struggling with crowds and having idiots in charge like him wont do anything to get people back, this is supposedly an entertainment industry not a Refs ego society.

The EFL don't differentiate between League 1 and League 2 for referees.

There was a part of me that quite enjoyed his performance because I was able to make money on it. If Sky Bet are willing to offer booking points odds on games he is reffing put money on it. Sky Bet will eventually cotton on and reduce the odds and I'll bet there be a word in the EFL's hear about it, given the sponsorship deal.

The EFL won't listen to fans but they'll listen to sponsors- make some money while you can.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

There was a part of me that quite enjoyed his performance because I was able to make money on it. If Sky Bet are willing to offer booking points odds on games he is reffing put money on it. Sky Bet will eventually cotton on and reduce the odds and I'll bet there be a word in the EFL's hear about it, given the sponsorship deal.

The EFL won't listen to fans but they'll listen to sponsors- make some money while you can.

Keep us posted where he's allocated next. The nice lag between Fane's "foul" and the second yellow made my profit for the day. Too slow b365, too slow...!

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Just had a thought, do you think Mr Joyce might be on to a nice little earner too?

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Keep us posted where he's allocated next. The nice lag between Fane's "foul" and the second yellow made my profit for the day. Too slow b365, too slow...!

Been making a habit of making money on cash-out correct scores even though the score can't be achieved as bookies can't keep up with the lag between a goal going in and the cash-out being closed.

just watched the highlights....the ref is one of those who has clearly never played a game of football in his life. Fane won the ball and both players had their foot up as the ball was off the ground. A pathetic decision and should be overturned by the League but of-course won't be because it's run by the same crooks and clowns that are ruining the game.

Having said that, Fane's first yellow was stupid on his part and after that was bound to get himself sent off, especially with that moron in charge. 

44 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

just watched the highlights....the ref is one of those who has clearly never played a game of football in his life. Fane won the ball and both players had their foot up as the ball was off the ground. A pathetic decision and should be overturned by the League but of-course won't be because it's run by the same crooks and clowns that are ruining the game.

Having said that, Fane's first yellow was stupid on his part and after that was bound to get himself sent off, especially with that moron in charge. 

Can't be overturned as it was a second yellow, which is a fucking stupid rule.

Whats galling about the situation is had that refs performance had been at Old Trafford the only way he would have been allowed to ref again would be under an alias name in South America , but the FL will have him on show again next week to ruin another game!!!!