Ex players and that

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

Exactly! 😂 

Point being that there are one million reasons as to why a player might not cement themselves into a first-team at a club, bad attitude is just one of those many many reasons 

He was brilliant in patches but he let himself and others down on a regular basis, looking back, he's best gone.

Most talented player we've seen at BP for some time. Wellens often played him wrongly and it did appear that he had an attitude problem.

However, my view is that a manager is there to manage and, managed correctly, we would have had a £1m plus player on our hands. We'll never know and it's all ended very sadly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Most talented player we've seen at BP for some time. Wellens often played him wrongly and it did appear that he had an attitude problem.

However, my view is that a manager is there to manage and, managed correctly, we would have had a £1m plus player on our hands. We'll never know and it's all ended very sadly.

Even if he improved that much we’d never be able to sell him for that much. He’d refuse to go to a team that wasn’t in the Northwest or Ireland so he wouldn’t be homesick again :lol: 

I'm afraid I can't let this go. Proper rental prices in Tallaght look to be 3-4 times higher than Kilmarnock. When he was in Scotland he would have been flush with Wigan money, signing fees and the rest, surely he could have afforded a place where the boiler had been tested.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:44 PM, wiseowl said:

So it’s only our managers fault he’s failed everywhere? 

Its rubbish this. Some people just can’t be managed, regardless of the skill and personality of the manager. 

He’ll fail again.  

Edited by kowenicki

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Its rubbish this. Some people just can’t be managed, regardless of the skill and personality of the manager. 

He’ll fail again.  

Depends how you define failure.

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Its rubbish this. Some people just can’t be managed....

... or there are just a considerable number of mediocre managers jumping on and off the football management carousel?

22 hours ago, kowenicki said:

He’ll fail again.  

The lad bossed it in the Eredivisie.

If he is a failure then what are the rest of our current squad?

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You wouldn’t be exaggerating with the use off bossed it to suit your argument now would you Ryan ? Would it not be more accurate to say competed ? 

Cambuur fans loved him and desperately wanted him on loan for another year, read some of the comments from them here :https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/why-blackburn-rovers-are-fools-to-let-jack-byrne-go-according-to-sc-cambuur-fans-108373.

He was 19 playing week in week out (barring a few injuries he suffered) in one of the top leagues in Europe. How that’s considered a footballing failure is beyond me when I look at the absolute state of the careers some of our players have had...

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Cambuur fans loved him and desperately wanted him on loan for another year, read some of the comments from them here :https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/why-blackburn-rovers-are-fools-to-let-jack-byrne-go-according-to-sc-cambuur-fans-108373.

He was 19 playing week in week out (barring a few injuries he suffered) in one of the top leagues in Europe. How that’s considered a footballing failure is beyond me when I look at the absolute state of the careers some of our players have had...

You don't think that going from bossing it in a top league to scrabbling around in a pub league is a sign of failure? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You don't think that going from bossing it in a top league to scrabbling around in a pub league is a sign of failure? 

‘Scrambling round’ in that league has earned him a call-up to a national side with  many Premier League players.

He made a choice to drop down a level to be more comfortable back home, it’s nothing to do with his ability.

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

One of the top leagues in Europe ? Come on !!

FWIW. I like him as a player. I think he’s a bell end. Would I have liked to have kept him ? Fucking right I would ! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They got relegated that year didn’t they....

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Scrambling round’ in that league has earned him a call-up to a national side with  many Premier League players.

He made a choice to drop down a level to be more comfortable back home, it’s nothing to do with his ability.

Desperate times.... etc

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They got relegated that year didn’t they....

As Eyresy is always saying, it’s possible to have a good individual season for a poor overall team...

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

One of the top leagues in Europe ? Come on !!

FWIW. I like him as a player. I think he’s a bell end. Would I have liked to have kept him ? Fucking right I would ! 

Not top 5 obviously but it’s a very good League