Ex players and that

Hes playing more consistently well now because he’s happy now.  More suited to being a smallish fish in a goldfish bowl perhaps? 

I dint know know why people here give Oldham a hard time over Byrne... he failed everywhere over here. He just wasn’t happy. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Hes playing more consistently well now because he’s happy now.  More suited to being a smallish fish in a goldfish bowl perhaps? 

I dint know know why people here give Oldham a hard time over Byrne... he failed everywhere over here. He just wasn’t happy. 

Maybe he's just grown up and realised being a bellend was getting him nowhere, I hope so because he should make a decent living out of the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

There wasn't just Byrne that was unhappy with Oldham at the time, may have had something to do with the owner. 

Just now, disjointed said:

There wasn't just Byrne that was unhappy with Oldham at the time, may have had something to do with the owner. 

True.  But in this particular case I think it’s a coincidence.  You only have to look at what happened elsewhere with him.  But let’s hope it’s behind him. 

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe he's just grown up and realised being a bellend was getting him nowhere, I hope so because he should make a decent living out of the game.

Give him time yarddog....once a bell-end always a bell-end!

Undoubted talent but he will fuck up again... of that I'm sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Regained his confidence and could bag 20 plus in that side

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

My Bolton supporting cousin went to watch them get hammered at Rotherham yesterday. He said Freddie Ladapo, for them, was unplayable. Quick, strong, scored 2 and hit the woodwork twice apparently.

It seems to be the case that the majority of strikers who leave us with a poor reputation (Doyle’s second spell obvs) seem to hit a rich vein of form elsewhere 🤔

On 9/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, wiseowl said:

My Bolton supporting cousin went to watch them get hammered at Rotherham yesterday. He said Freddie Ladapo, for them, was unplayable. Quick, strong, scored 2 and hit the woodwork twice apparently.

Having watched him for Latics, I am still convinced he is absolutely dreadful. You need to remember Bolton are absolute fodder, even with those 9 players they signed.