Ex players and that

Lee signed a 1 year contract extension in April 2011, if he hadn't he would have been eligible to do a Porter in that off season anyway (he is 8 days older than the cut-off). He barely played for us in his first season, played a bit in his second season and was very well rated in his third season (2010-11).

I'd put money on us offering him a longer contract when he signed his extension but it was never going to be signed unless it was for a lot more money. As he knew he'd be eligible for a full Bosman in 14 months and someone in the Championship or League 1, but able to offer him more money, was going to come in for him.

Lee is a good player but in many ways the club were damned if we had offered him a longer contract earlier in his career (as he hadn't shown anything to merit it) and the moment he showed something he was eligible to either do a Porter or require a massive deal to keep him long enough for us to get any money for him.

Likewise with Smith, where by the time the club wouldn't have been criticised for offering player who had done little a new contract he was always going to leave. I suppose with Smith there was a small window between the Forest game and the Liverpool game where we might have stood a chance but that was 3 weeks in January where we didn't win a game.

The silly decision the club made was selling Tarky's sell-on fee, especially given the potential for us to still be making something from it, but when a new stand is delayed and you have creditors knocking at the door I can see why it was done.

I'm half watching tranmere v orient on BT ( I won't be now both have scored for my bet as it's awful) it has however made me think , is Jayne (not typo) Dayton LJ's worst ever permanent signing for us ? He's absolute pants and anyone who doesn't agree doesn't like footy lol ? 

And I do realise he will now go on to score the winner from 40 yards bar and in !

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I'm half watching tranmere v orient on BT ( I won't be now both have scored for my bet as it's awful) it has however made me think , is Jayne (not typo) Dayton LJ's worst ever permanent signing for us ? He's absolute pants and anyone who doesn't agree doesn't like footy lol ? 

And I do realise he will now go on to score the winner from 40 yards bar and in !

No.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was a bit of a fairy, but he's definitely not the worst player Johnson signed. He had bits of quality but just didn't show it enough. That goal he scored against Swindon is the best goal I've ever seen live...

Who'd ya reckon is his worst signing ? Not loan signing tho. 

32 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was a bit of a fairy, but he's definitely not the worst player Johnson signed. He had bits of quality but just didn't show it enough. That goal he scored against Swindon is the best goal I've ever seen live...

You never saw Carl score a goal live? You poor thing :(

22 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Didn't Kissock only play about half hour ? Asking this question has made me realise he did sign some garbage tho. 

He started a couple of games for us at the end of the 13/14 season, he's currently starring for Southport alongside Lee Croft in the National League North.