Ex players and that

9 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

In Ireland where McEleney was seen as one of the League’s best players and Dean Kelly (sp) managed to carve out a decent career. It’s not far off a pub league.

And Preston's Daryl Horgan and Sean Maguire, now both full internationals.

24 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

That’s a bit harsh. It mightn’t be a great standard but I wouldn’t go as far as saying “not far off a pub league”. 

I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. I’d probably put it down as the same sort of level as top of National League North/South.

8 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Didn’t he like the tweet when Wimbledon went a goal up? 

I wouldnt have him back 

Probably just out for himself and thinking the lower we go the more chance he might have of getting a game ?. Not gonna right him off just yet as he’s very young but he’s looked awful in the small bits I’ve seen of him. 

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Did he put anyone on the critical list or did everyone get out relatively unhurt ? 

His block tackle on Scholes would have been funnier if it had been a bit more full blooded. Still got a cheer though.

35 minutes ago, rosa said:

His block tackle on Scholes would have been funnier if it had been a bit more full blooded. Still got a cheer though.

11 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Colin Hendry repeatedly kicking the ball at a prostrate Ritchie was the best fouling.

Did anybody look like they might make our starting 11 v Northampton? 

On 28/04/2018 at 12:07 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You’d rather have another Gardner or Fane in ? No goal threat then ? We concede goals anyway so we must try to score. I don’t believe dropping Byrne is the answer to any of our problems. If our manager played him correctly we’d be twice the team we are. 

Im surprised Gardner hasn’t scored a few more goals this season. He does genuinely possess a real eye for goal and has done everywhere he’s been. I know he’s been played quite deep but I still expected a few more goals

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

He looked like Competitive Dad, trying a bit too hard against, "less mobile," opposition 

Tbf, he was playing for a contract next year. When he’s been axed as manager he may be knocking on AL’s door for a playing contract. 

I wonder if AL knows much about Spanish third tier football. For instance I think the current top scorer, whose on the best form of his career and playing for a club top of the league with one game to go, could do a job for us in the fourth tier, and also double-up as Club doctor. He has twelve months left on his contract, but I'm pretty sure he would still love to play in England.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diego-cervero/transfers/spieler/130642/transfer_id/1836774