Ex players and that

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I know we've discussed it before but still not down for this guilty by WhatApp vibe.

Depends who’s part of the group I suppose and what was said. I know it’s not the same but if kids are bullied by Facebook, wouldn’t you want there to be repercussions? 

39 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Depends who’s part of the group I suppose and what was said. I know it’s not the same but if kids are bullied by Facebook, wouldn’t you want there to be repercussions? 

Dead fair, I guess we will never know what was said in this WhatsApp group, if it is so bad then perhaps release details?

21 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Hope our strikers run rings round him on Boxing day........pay back time!

We heard all this before the home game ! Whatever your views on him as a person (I don’t care one way or another) he’s a good player at this level. To my memory,  in the league above nobody really ran rings round him either. 

Gerrard isn’t Letting it go...just tweeted this below...

I’ll provide a full and FACTUAL account of my treatment by Abdallah Lemsagam from the moment that he embarked on his successful attempt to terminate my contract with Oldham!Now the FA have concluded this matter, I can move on to the next step of my appeal.

I’ll respect the legal processes I have too go through and once they have been concluded I’ll give you all everything. But until that time, this is the last mention of the whole episode. I’ve received a fair few texts today. Thanks to all

Edited by super_blue

4 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Gerrard isn’t Letting it go...just tweeted this below...

I’ll provide a full and FACTUAL account of my treatment by Abdallah Lemsagam from the moment that he embarked on his successful attempt to terminate my contract with Oldham!Now the FA have concluded this matter, I can move on to the next step of my appeal.

I’ll respect the legal processes I have too go through and once they have been concluded I’ll give you all everything. But until that time, this is the last mention of the whole episode. I’ve received a fair few texts today. Thanks to all

What is he on about? He’s talking like he did nothing wrong. He’s been told to attend a workshop relating to racism by the FA. 

Shut up and get on with your life you pillock.  

9 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

We heard all this before the home game ! Whatever your views on him as a person (I don’t care one way or another) he’s a good player at this level. To my memory,  in the league above nobody really ran rings round him either. 

Let's hope he has a absolute stinker then

Unfortunately for Gerrard I might have had some sympathy if he hadn’t been completely unprofessional on numerous occasions both on social media and to fans in person. ‘Go throw s*** at yourself’ was the retort to one fan wasn’t it? 

He knows how to give plenty but can’t take any and we’re so much better off without him. Let him have his say... all I know is there’s a much better feel about the place now that him and certain others have left. 

2 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Unfortunately for Gerrard I might have had some sympathy if he hadn’t been completely unprofessional on numerous occasions both on social media and to fans in person. ‘Go throw s*** at yourself’ was the retort to one fan wasn’t it? 

He knows how to give plenty but can’t take any and we’re so much better off without him. Let him have his say... all I know is there’s a much better feel about the place now that him and certain others have left. 

100 percent, blokes so far up his own arse he can probably see his own teeth and his Twitter ramblings are frankly embarrassing as are those who are up his arse on there, he doesn't give a fuck about anything other than himself and his self importance and arrogance has been displayed on numerous occasions,  he can play a bit at this level and in his day he was a steady Championship player but those days are long gone.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bizarre/funny that people get so triggered by him...

Triggered? No. Just think he’s a bell end...because he IS a bell end.

Far from triggered, just think he should be an adult and get on with his life. 

I find any support for him bizarre. Done nothing to warrant it. Played for us for a very short time and was in a team that got relegated.  Was always way overweight (unprofessional).  Abused fans on line and in person. Was found guilty of racist behaviour.  What a treasure. 

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Dunno.

I don't believe he ever gave anything other than his all in an Oldham shirt though.

Apart from when in his training top in the gym... 

anyhow... what’s your latest made up rumour or terrible prediction? 

Edited by kowenicki

I think what is clear, is that footballers who are used to getting there own way. Don’t like it when they meet someone who likes getting his own way. AL’s combativtiness is only against people who have previous for being a nuisance. Don’t see him wanting to sack Clarke. . . 

As someone alluded to earlier, say what you want about AL, but the atmosphere since we got rid of the ‘characters’ has vastly improved. 

He deserves credit for that. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I think what is clear, is that footballers who are used to getting there own way. Don’t like it when they meet someone who likes getting his own way. AL’s combativtiness is only against people who have previous for being a nuisance. Don’t see him wanting to sack Clarke. . . 

As someone alluded to earlier, say what you want about AL, but the atmosphere since we got rid of the ‘characters’ has vastly improved. 

Spot on... and if he wants to run a tight ship with strict discipline as a prerequisite then that is his prerogative. 

57 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Team spirit too. The players seem a lot more united and less divided by cliques. Invariably a good thing. 

Frankie Bunn deserves some credit for both, too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yet he's let himself down plenty of times, what triggered that behaviour then? 

Amongst other things :

-being given a ticket for parking on Furtherwood Road, feet away from the car park where he could park legally 

-being asked to pose for a photo with a toddler 

-people saying anything negative to him on Twitter 

-fat free mayo 

-NO KITTY YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY