Ex players and that

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He established himself with us to be fair to the lad...

Hardly.  Less than a full season.  I'm just generally interested in Ryan's view.  He obviously thinks there is no big attitude problem - he may be right, I don't know - so what is the issue that has seen him fail to build any sort of decent career?

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Not good enough for City or Wigan and precarious living conditions whilst at Kilmarnock meant he took a step down to go back home where he’d be comfortable and able to enjoy his football.

Plenty of lads with brilliant attitudes go through umpteen clubs. It’s ridiculous to suggest that the number of clubs a footballer has played for is in anyway linked to attitude.

It will be for some players, obviously. But as a general rule? Nah.

So he wasn't good enough for Wigan who at the time were in League one?

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Where?

4 hours ago, Londonboy said:

In 3 years since joining Blackburn he has made 59 appearances across 5 clubs (42 of them for us!!) and is currently at Shamrock Rovers.....tells you everything you need to know about his attitude because his talent is unquestioned.

That is supporting evidence.  

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So he wasn't good enough for Wigan who at the time were in League one?

Correct.

Did you see their midfield at the time? Powell, Power, Jacobs etc (and I’m probably forgetting some others) - they had an unbelievably good squad for that level. Championship standard.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That is supporting evidence.  

A lack of appearances is evidence? Ha!

I’m done here as clearly none of you have any proof that he’s a ‘bad egg’. Ridiculous conclusion to draw based on the number of football games he’s played.

There are many many reasons, other than attitude, why it sometimes doesn’t work out for footballers at certain clubs. 

Were Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah #badeggs at Chelsea with a combined 16 appearances in 4 years? 

Did Marc Klok only make 6 appearances in 14 months for Ross County because he was a bad influence in the dressing room? 

Edited by Ryan

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Correct.

Did you see their midfield at the time? Powell, Power, Jacobs etc (and I’m probably forgetting some others) - they had an unbelievably good squad for that level. Championship standard.

Well he was nowt special then.  At best mid table League One contrary to some of the claims of impending greatness that have followed him around.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well he was nowt special then.  At best mid table League One contrary to some of the claims of impending greatness that have followed him around.

I’d say he was upper League One level given that Wigan are a comfortable Championship side with virtually the same squad as when Jack left them. 

An upper League One standard midfielder, who’s just 23 so has a bit of time to further develop, is something we can only dream of going into the new season...

53 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Hardly.  Less than a full season.  I'm just generally interested in Ryan's view.  He obviously thinks there is no big attitude problem - he may be right, I don't know - so what is the issue that has seen him fail to build any sort of decent career?

He is only 23 so plenty of time.

His lack of physical attributes will have and will probably always hold him back.

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I’d say he was upper League One level given that Wigan are a comfortable Championship side with virtually the same squad as when Jack left them. 

An upper League One standard midfielder, who’s just 23 so has a bit of time to further develop, is something we can only dream of going into the new season...

He's had plenty of time (and clubs) to develop.

It looks like his careers spiralling downwards which is a great shame but there's only one person to blame.

Are you his Social Worker feeling a bit guilty ? 😉

41 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What's an upper league one standard midfielder doing in League of Ireland? 

Standing out as the best player in the country which has earned him ROI call-up...

Out of the 8 other midfielders in the Irish squad only Alan Judge of Ipswich plays below Championship level. The majority of the rest ply their trade in the PL, so it's no mean feat...

Edited by Ryan

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Standing out as the best player in the country which has earned him ROI call-up...

Out of the 8 other midfielders in the Irish squad only Alan Judge of Ipswich plays below Championship level. The majority of the rest ply their trade in the PL, so it's no mean feat...

You just keep proving the point don’t you... 😂

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

A lack of appearances is evidence? Ha!

I’m done here as clearly none of you have any proof that he’s a ‘bad egg’. Ridiculous conclusion to draw based on the number of football games he’s played.

There are many many reasons, other than attitude, why it sometimes doesn’t work out for footballers at certain clubs. 

Were Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah #badeggs at Chelsea with a combined 16 appearances in 4 years? 

Did Marc Klok only make 6 appearances in 14 months for Ross County because he was a bad influence in the dressing room? 

I’m guessing Klok only made so few appearances due to being fucking garbage 😩😳

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m guessing Klok only made so few appearances due to being fucking garbage 😩😳

Exactly! 😂 

Point being that there are one million reasons as to why a player might not cement themselves into a first-team at a club, bad attitude is just one of those many many reasons 

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Exactly! 😂 

Point being that there are one million reasons as to why a player might not cement themselves into a first-team at a club, bad attitude is just one of those many many reasons 

FFS Ryan. So you actually think his attitude was good do you?

Did you ever go to any games he played in?

His attutudeI stared you in the face most weeks! 

I'll leave it there..... 

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

FFS Ryan. So you actually think his attitude was good do you?

Did you ever go to any games he played in?

His attutudeI stared you in the face most weeks! 

I'll leave it there..... 

He was one of the most emotional at full-time at Northampton, visibly gutted.

Undoubtably capable of a strop, as countless top players are, but the lad cared.

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

precarious living conditions whilst at Kilmarnock meant he took a step down to go back home where he’d be comfortable and able to enjoy his football.

I need to know my about this. Was he in a flat with dodgy wiring? Or in digs with a couple of lads who stunk the shared toilet out every morning?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

He was one of the most emotional at full-time at Northampton, visibly gutted.

Undoubtably capable of a strop, as countless top players are, but the lad cared.

Give it a rest Ryan...you’re trying to defend the indefensible.

It was blatantly obvious the lad was a slapped arse!

• Like 1