Ex players and that

15 hours ago, Lags said:

Agreed. Remember the buzz that went around the ground when it was announced baxter had signed a 2 1/2 year contract at the club. First time around it was a pleasure to watch him play. He should have been nowhere near latics at the time. What a waste of talent. 

15 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not sure it’s even arguable.  Still tragic though.  Such a waste.  

You're right but, nearly 200 games and a lot of them at a club like Sheff Utd on decent money is still a better career than many a player.

7 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You're right but, nearly 200 games and a lot of them at a club like Sheff Utd on decent money is still a better career than many a player.

Hes wasted lower down the leagues. Crap pitches and played in a deep midfield role to accomodate other shite doesn't do his talent justice. Should be bang behind a big striker pulling strings with a decent midfield behind him. If he hadn't got injured early last year at Hampton, I have no doubt Frankie Bunn would not have got sacked and we would have been in a different position at xmas time.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Baxter signed for Plymouth...

No surprise. One of my mates is close to a Bury player who played against us in March and said first half he was a step up from what he and the Bury players were used to at that level. Lowe told them at half time to stop him at all costs so for Lowe to go in for him doesn’t surprise me at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

No surprise. One of my mates is close to a Bury player who played against us in March and said first half he was a step up from what he and the Bury players were used to at that level. Lowe told them at half time to stop him at all costs so for Lowe to go in for him doesn’t surprise me at all.

“Undisclosed short term deal”

I suspect they are seeing how he goes from a fitness perspective. Until January perhaps?  Good for both parties. 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think Lowe probably played with Baxter at Tranmere too. 

He could be an ideal signing for Plymouth and their promotion ambitions. Doesn't mean the decision to release him was wrong though. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Think Lowe probably played with Baxter at Tranmere too. 

He could be an ideal signing for Plymouth and their promotion ambitions. Doesn't mean the decision to release him was wrong though. 

If he wasn't playing regularly then we wouldn't be the right club for him and I'd be OK with us letting him go.

That said, of all the teams that he would go to, Plymouth is the team I hoped he wouldn't end up at (too many Argyle fans at work!).

Another now ex-latics player who will get better and better in folks memories as time passes. V Good first time around-just OK second time, his lack of fitness was always an issue.

Lets see over time whether he is :-"I'm more hungry than ever, a lot wiser, more mature on and off the field and a lot of things have changed," he told BBC Sport.