Ex players and that

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think a really weird 1 was Richard Wright who had like 5 years at city on 300k a year without ever playing for them.

Some older keepers enjoy doing this at a big club. Past their best so rather than be a number 2 bench warmer they prefer to get Paid a great salary, help inspire and train the keepers coming through who are clearly better and at the same time potentially do coaching badges etc whilst ‘on the job’ so to speak. 

Anthony grant at Utd is another example. 

50 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Some older keepers enjoy doing this at a big club. Past their best so rather than be a number 2 bench warmer they prefer to get Paid a great salary, help inspire and train the keepers coming through who are clearly better and at the same time potentially do coaching badges etc whilst ‘on the job’ so to speak. 

Anthony grant at Utd is another example. 

It's very rare the 2nd choice GK doesn't get a medal if any trophies are won too. 

Just now, deyres42 said:

Jack Byrne up for all sorts of awards in Ireland, the bad egg.

Love you Jack ❤

Meh, great player for our level I thought but wouldn’t be getting excited of him achieving anything in Ireland. It’s pretty much Welsh Premier League standard which is terrible. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Meh, great player for our level I thought but wouldn’t be getting excited of him achieving anything in Ireland. It’s pretty much Welsh Premier League standard which is terrible. 

Always surprised by how many folk seem to know so much about the standard, I wouldn't have a clue.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Always surprised by how many folk seem to know so much about the standard, I wouldn't have a clue.

Got a lot of Irish family, lived in Wales and played for 2 welsh Prem Clubs. 24 now but done ACL in both my knees so a bit of a biscuit so don’t play anymore. 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

yeah. Not like it has helped elevate him to full international status or owt is it, the bad egg.

Love you, Jack 😘